BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

39 minutes ago, Paradis said:

so Adam can bring with him two coordinators who ranked as the worst?

Are you being intentionally dense. We blew it. Categorically blew it. 

No the two worst coordinators couldn't have been the ones with him.  The two worst were actually "ours".  Hasn't coached a game yet for us, and yet,  "We blew it".  Now who's being intentionally dense.  Wasn't my first choice.  Wasn't the worst choice either.  He's our Coach now.  Hissyfits  aren't going to change that. BTW, my comment was related to the Jets' reluctance to letting Rhule choose all of his own assistants, independent of imput from Mgt. How can you argue that?

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m staying just because you said this. You don’t like me and now you have to put up with me.

congrats. You played yourself.

This was one’s for all the fans jumping ship over the Gase hiring. Hang in there.  All together now!

J E T S Jets Jets Jets 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear what you are saying but for me Gase is not even the same league as Bellichick, 

And IMO being rude and nasty to others is not what makes BB great or what has caused his team to win.

People are losing their minds. Gase got Tannyhill & the Fins in the playoffs & almost did it twice if he didn't get banged up. McCarthy missed the playoffs with Aaron Rogers! I say give Adam Gase Aaron Rogers while he was in Miami & he'd still be there kicking our azz. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Belichick wasn't in the same league as Belichick before he was .... Belichick.

He had a 36-44 record as head coach of CLE before he was hired as HC of NEP.

Am I excited? not really...but give the guy a shot.

He had 7 years as a DC between the 2 HC gigs. That's a big deal. Gase?  He's had about 7 days.  Could work. 

8 minutes ago, BigO said:

This was one’s for all the fans jumping ship over the Gase hiring. Hang in there.  All together now!

J E T S Jets Jets Jets 

The fact that that's the Jets is just perfect for right now. That relieved some of the pressure from my brain. Thanks @BigO   

lol 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So why wasn't the QB Whisperer able to turn Tannehill around? Was Tannehill beyond whispering? Or is he just whisper deficient?

Cause you cant make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Sh!t.  Tannehill was a dreadful draft pick who "developed" into a dreadful NFL Quarterback.  Miami was ripped for reaching for him at #6 and it turns out the "experts" were right this time.  He didn't start his career with Gase, is pretty much the same player he was before, maybe slightly better.  That's not on Gase. Can't turn a Mule into Secretariat.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Much better than Bowles.  Had about the same caliber of QB.

My biggest concern is that veteran players like Frank Gore went to Ownership complaining about him. How does that happen?

Maybe Gore didn’t like being treated like the other 52 guys on the roster?

• Sympathy 1

Hey, We have the FA period beginning March 13th. Then the draft april 25th. 
That will help. It's when we find out just how much of an A hole Gase is considered by how many players refuse to come here.  

If Frank Gore thinks you’re a butthole, you’re probably a butthole.

34 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear what you are saying but for me Gase is not even the same league as Bellichick, 

And IMO being rude and nasty to others is not what makes BB great or what has caused his team to win.

They are in the same league though - the National Football League.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Fans are melting down on the FAN right now.

There are some seriously sad fans who are more sad then angry. 

The Jets really blew this with the fans.

Yeah, listening now. Damn. I was hoping to get some good laughs but this is just depressing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

QB whisperer and Offense guru?

QBC for the Lions in 2007. Jon Kitna led the NFL in interceptions.

OC for the Broncos who already had Peyton Manning coming off a PB season under McCoy. For all the records the following season, Gase's offense had no answers for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, scoring all of 8 meaningless points as the 3rd quarter expired. That season also represented the last Gase offense to finish in the top half in points or top 20 in yards.

Also as OC of the Broncos, and as a former QBC, he surely had a large hand in developing high 2nd round pick Osweiller. Full seasons of molding him on the sideline and practice and the film room, without pressure of being tossed to the wolves. Developed into nothing.

OC of the Bears. Took Trestman's #2 then #23 offense and turned it into...the #23 offense.

HC of Miami. Virtually no improvement for top 10 pick QB Tannehill. At least by the numbers, he was no better than he was under Philbin (or the interim HC and OC for the 12 games prior to Gase's hiring). Miami was about a 20ppg offense in his 3 seasons there. Meh.

Look, at least he isn't going to be a run-run-pass-punt type. He knows the value of passing the ball and not trying to get into the end zone only by first converting 6 first downs on the drive. But outside of a ready-made offense in Denver I'm not really seeing any great accomplishments here that we should get giddy about. No powerhouse offenses that he made from nothing. No QBs he molded from raw into polished. Really not much of anything.

This is the big splash we waited for? We all hope it's the right move, but until then the pessimism is not misguided. Most of the people happy with the hire were this happy or happier when we hired Todd Bowles and referred to him as a defensive genius 4 years ago. 

We'll see. 

John Kitna , Brock Osweiller,  Ryan Tannehill:  Are you sure you're being fair here?  Not exactly Bert Jones,  Dan Fouts  ,and Dan Marino, you think?

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Just imagine when they reveal the new uniforms and we all hate them. And then they draft a DT in the first round. 

Gonna be an awesome start to this new era. 

Oh yeah momma!   We're just gettin started with this shin dig!  Wait... maybe the real goal is to get rid of all the fans and start over.  Now THAT would make some sense!  

3 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

John Kitna , Brock Osweiller,  Ryan Tannehill:  Are you sure you're being fair here?  Not exactly Bert Jones,  Dan Fouts  ,and Dan Marino, you think?

It's still his resume. Whether he had any of the greats is not the problem. The problem is we gave the keys to a guy who really hasn't proven he can drive all that well. Whatever the reasons for that being the case is not really what we should be looking at. Maybe he shouldn't get a HC gig until he does actually do some of the things we are saying he's capable of doing. 

He was given the HC job of the NY JETS when we were supposed to be capturing the potential of having a franchise QB and riding that with the 3rd pick and a bunch o cash to the promised land. Oh... and the new uniforms are coming. This is an important time to hire a guy who hasn't really done anything of note no matter the specific circumstances. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

36 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's still his resume. Whether he had any of the greats is not the problem. The problem is we gave the keys to a guy who really hasn't proven he can drive all that well. Whatever the reasons for that being the case is not really what we should be looking at. Maybe he shouldn't get a HC gig until he does actually do some of the things we are saying he's capable of doing. 

He was given the HC job of the NY JETS when we were supposed to be capturing the potential of having a franchise QB and riding that with the 3rd pick and a bunch o cash to the promised land. Oh... and the new uniforms are coming. This is an important time to hire a guy who hasn't really done anything of note no matter the specific circumstances. 

Point is that these guys were not only "not great",  it is questionable whether they had any talent at all.  Darnold is "different".  Look at the progress he made this year despite the "circus" he had surrounding him.  I am not concerned about him at all, I'm sure you're not either. Other than McCarthy.  who on that list can you be sure would be able to develop Sam better than Gase, and fill all the other qualities required of an NFL head coach.   In my opinion, sadly no one.  Let's see what happens.

• Upvote 2