BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

https://nypost.com/2019/01/09/adam-gase-to-be-new-jets-head-coach/

Adam Gase to be new Jets head coach

January 9, 2019 | 7:59pm

Modal Trigger
Adam Gase
Adam GaseTom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

Adam Gase will be the next coach of the New York Jets, The Post’s Brian Costello confirmed on Wednesday.

The team completed its interview process this week, landing on the former Dolphins coach who went 23-25 in Miami after being the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator in Denver.

The Jets fired Todd Bowles last month after four disappointing seasons.

FILED UNDER ADAM GASE  NEW YORK JETS

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets got their third choice of this hiring process. They missed out on the first because god knows why, missed out on the second because the GM made completely unprecedented demands, and we got the third because he was fired from the Miami Dolphins and nobody else wanted him. Let that sink in.

#ActuallyGaseWasTheirNumberOneChoiceAllAlong

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Gase is the safe choice because he's nominally an experienced coach. Wish the guy well.

But clear this was the GM's choice, and that's all about him keeping his job. McCarthy threatened that, but fair to note McCarthy often did less with more in Green Bay. 

MY problem is a number of young guys-Rhule, Kingsbury, Monken-are what this franchise needs, a serious jolt,adrenalin, inspiration.May be Gase can be that; Dolphins weren't horrible. But that's really it; kinda sorta okay. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Well, decision has been made. Hoping for MM but I will root him on and hope he has learned something in Fla. Young guy who hopefully will bond with Sam and develop an offense to fit his talent & surround him with talent.

curious to see he will be his coordinators will be? Good luck coach!

• Upvote 2

I am seriously concerned about attracting free agents after the dolphin mutiny at the end of the season. It’s not a good look.

Hopefully Gase can live up to Peyton’s praise of him but I’m not sure players are going to want to come here as much (as if they would anyways) now that we have Gase.

I knew it. It’s my fault for saying “Just in Gase”. That’s exactly what he was haha. 

• Sympathy 2

He's supposedly good with QB's, calls is own plays, is young and hopefully learned from his mistakes in Miami.  I'll give him a clean slate.  This is the first coach we have hired in a  while that is getting a decent QB.  A decent QB can change perceptions of coaches, GMs, and owners. 

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

The biggest surprise of the coaching carousel happens in Miami: #Dolphins coach Adam Gase is out. He’ll immediately emerge as a top candidate for several openings. Big-time QB prowess.

• Upvote 3

Gase was the best choice after McCarthy.  Perhaps McCarthy wanted the moon but dis he earn that?  He has a ring but other than that I have read so many more negatives than positives.  It's easy to react negatively to this hire but Gase could be the better man for Sam.  Let's hope we get a good staff under him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

what the **** are you smoking?

You should try it. This board is  a bunch of hysterical wannabe GMs. Any coach that was hired you could just copy and paste this thread. Hell its pretty much the same thread as when everyone thought Rhule was going to be the coach. 

• Upvote 1

I’m fine with it. Let’s just see how it works out. Everybody LOVED the Bowles hire. So whatever you’re feeling now really has no bearing on reality.

R-E-L-A-X

ill give him a chance.  I think he’s a good choice for Darnold.  He’s worked with John Fox, Mike Martz, Peyton Manning.  Young and energetic. Worked with at least 5 nfl teams.  Has some HC experience, knows the Jets roster well- knows the division. 

• Upvote 1