BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

Boy is this going to be interesting...…  At first, Not wild about the hire, not because of experience or skill, more about demeanor.  We'll see.  Much better choice than a !st timer with a "learner's" permit. Good luck Coach,  At least we won't be looking at him on the sidelines, standing there....standing there...…….standing there...…..

• Upvote 1

I honestly didn’t know dick about these college coaches and while Gase isn’t the most inspiring hire, I’ll go on record and support the move. It wasn’t that long ago that he was the league’s boy wonder and now he has a QB to mold. Besides, weren’t we all guilty of bending over backwards to felatiate this organization when they hired Bowles? 

Maybe this guy just needs a second chance and a fresh start... or maybe we’ll be seeing both Gasevand and McCagnan shown the door in two years. Whatever the case it’s out of our hands.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, David Harris said:

I’m fine with it. Let’s just see how it works out. Everybody LOVED the Bowles hire. So whatever you’re feeling now really has no bearing on reality.

R-E-L-A-X

ill give him a chance.  I think he’s a good choice for Darnold.  He’s worked with John Fox, Mike Martz, Peyton Manning.  Young and energetic. Worked with at least 5 nfl teams.  Has some HC experience, knows the Jets roster well- knows the division. 

I hated Bowles hire and love Gase hire. So there’s that.

• Upvote 1

Ppl are really losing their sh*t bc we didnt sign bum ass McCarthy?  What other tram looked to sign him?

I would’ve preferred Monken but Gase is okay. He took the garbage Phins to the playoffs and was a couple wins away from doing the same this year.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

The Dolphins reject with the Bowles-like track record.  ******* brilliant.  Anyone who thinks this is anything but the most mind-numblingly stupid option for the Jets must seriously bask in the the misery of this garbage franchise.  That goes for the dipsh*ts who made this move too.

except he left them

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

****THIS ******* GUY

I DEFENDED YOUR FAT UGLY WHITE TRASH CROOKED TEETHED ASS

**** YOU

You would think he could find a decent dentist in New Jersey. If he cannot do that simple and easy thing, he shouldn't be trusted to hire a waterboy much less a coach. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

He's supposedly good with QB's, calls is own plays, is young and hopefully learned from his mistakes in Miami.  I'll give him a clean slate.  This is the first coach we have hired in a  while that is getting a decent QB.  A decent QB can change perceptions of coaches, GMs, and owners.

There's literally no reason to believe he's learned a single damn thing, when unemployed for a week before the Jets reward him for his complete incompetence.  At the absolute bare minimum he needed time to step back and learn things before anyone considered him giving this job again.  Encouraging an outright failure to continue on the same path is the most idiotic position that could ever be taken and thus... your New York Jets.

• Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Door 1 was McCarthy and door 2 was Gase since day one. I wonder if woody cheaped out on mccarthy.

I think this is all Macc.  McCarthy would of wanted more control most likely.  Macc has one more chance to prove himself...hopefully for our sake he has learned from past mistakes

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

We’ll re-convene this conversation in 2021 when we clean house and do this all over again ?

Yeah, but at least then Mac****up will be out the door with him.

Im sick to my stomach right now. It was there for the taking...the miracle of Darnold making it to us, Bowles walking the plank a year late, but putting us in position to get Mike McCarthy...who WANTED THE JOB!!

And they choked. They overthought it. They hired a Miami failure. 

What a joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ian Rapoport

The #Jets wanted to someone to come in and work with QB Sam Darnold, and Adam Gase’s prowess with the QB is well-known. Ryan Tannehill wasn’t often healthy but when he was, they went to the playoffs.

This is an absolute myth created by the media. Who has he developed? 35 year old Peyton Manning?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Do we have any other choice?  Like him or not, if they hired him, he's the guy for the next 4 years minimum.  We better get used to the idea.

Nope no choice.  I’m trying to be positive.  I do think he has good qualities to be successful especially having Sam but I’m worried that so many dolphin players tuned him out