The Adam Gase Positivity Thread

Grandy

I think he checks some key boxes. Experienced HC not a coordinator hire, offensive minded guy, his teams in Miami seemed to outperform the talent on the roster.

If he learns from why he got axed, could be something. Certainly a smart dude who’s had success in several ways. Not my favorite candidate but not my least favorite.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

No positivity at all. This whole search seemed like a total cluster from the start. It seemed like half the building wanted Rhule while the other half wanted McCarthy and they settled on Gase.

Gase doesn’t have the requsite interpersonal skills to be a head coach at any level, but he is a good QB coach. Hopefully he can develop Darnold for the next coach and GM.

• Upvote 1

He's not the guy I wanted, but in the interests of not being angry, and actually looking forward to next season there some potential positives. 

He should be good for Darnold - he's proven to be good with QBs throughout his career, and even if his overall HC'ness stinks if he brings Darnold on that's a win, to go get another HC. 

Also, there's a chance he's learnt from the mistakes he's made, and will change his style accordingly.

And, this isn't hindsight, but I'd rather Gase than McCarthy. There's more potential in Gase and he is more rooted in modern thinking that McCarthy, for all his flaws. 

Maybes I'm just talking myself into it, but that's my two penceworth.

• Sympathy 1

I wanted Mike McCarthy, but I'm definitely happy with the Adam Gase hire. I didn't think he got a fair shake in Miami after going 23-25 in only 3 seasons, and he did make the playoffs in his first year. Peyton Manning is a huge fan of Gase and swears by him. I've heard Gase's greatest strengths are his ability to create matchup problems and a favorable scheme for whoever his quarterback is. I'm just glad we avoided the Baylor coach. I know one thing, our offense will not be boring with Gase. Now we just have to find out who the defensive coordinator is. This is obviously going to be huge. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I think he checks some key boxes. Experienced HC not a coordinator hire, offensive minded guy, his teams in Miami seemed to outperform the talent on the roster.

If he learns from why he got axed, could be something. Certainly a smart dude who’s had success in several ways. Not my favorite candidate but not my least favorite.

He didn't get axed, he quit!!!

• WTF? 1

Great idea to seperate the positive from the negative threads but you know misery loves company so expect the negative posts to trickle in.

I’m fine with this hire. This may be the best move for Sam’s development. Now lets see who else they bring in.

• Upvote 2