The Adam Gase Positivity Thread

Grandy

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Best hire since parcells by a mile. Gase is going to be a great fit actually.

This!!! He is whiz with QBs and getting him to develop Darnold is exactly what this team needs. McCarthy is who I wanted but Gase is soild hire I can get behind. 

• Upvote 1

I called into Evan and Joe yesterday and told them that Gase would be the hire...they shot it down...told them that they don't have a clue how Chris Johnson thinks...had a nice private conversation with him last year..he's serious about winning..I like this hire if for no other reason than he will ride herd on the players who are committing these ridiculous taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that were rampant under Bowles, who refused to anything about it...Gase seems the type to bench and fine players for that nonsense..just what is needed...some discipline...cut one or two of those who do it..that will get their attention.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Other than "we should have hired McCarthy" and "he's a freakin' Dolphin"  I'm struggling to see what exactly is wrong with this hire.  I'm going to see what kind of staff he puts together and how he communicates once he's in the chair for a while.  Belichick used to be a Jet guy.  Doesn't seem to bother the Pats fans these days...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I called into Evan and Joe yesterday and told them that Gase would be the hire...they shot it down...told them that they don't have a clue how Chris Johnson thinks...had a nice private conversation with him last year..he's serious about winning..I like this hire if for no other reason than he will ride herd on the players who are committing these ridiculous taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that were rampant under Bowles, who refused to anything about it...Gase seems the type to bench and fine players for that nonsense..just what is needed...some discipline...cut one or two of those who do it..that will get their attention.  

I hope you are right.

• Sympathy 1

I remember a time when hiring or signing someone who was just fired/cut from your most hated rival was a serious no no. 

I miss those days, where rivalries mattered.  Getting old and watching the world move on sometimes sucks.

So sure, the Phins most recent failure is now our great coach hope, and something something great choice.  Sure.  I know I can't wait to tune in to see Adam Gase coaching.  Who wouldn't, right?

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I wanted Mike McCarthy, but I'm definitely happy with the Adam Gase hire. I didn't think he got a fair shake in Miami after going 23-25 in only 3 seasons, and he did make the playoffs in his first year. Peyton Manning is a huge fan of Gase and swears by him. I've heard Gase's greatest strengths are his ability to create matchup problems and a favorable scheme for whoever his quarterback is. I'm just glad we avoided the Baylor coach. I know one thing, our offense will not be boring with Gase. Now we just have to find out who the defensive coordinator is. This is obviously going to be huge. 

Exactly what all of the whiners here (myself included) were clamoring for over the last 5 years. We haven't had a coach scheme to our strengths vs opponent weaknesses since Early Rex. Give the guy a chance. Remember, players can be big whiny babies too should they have to work too hard. Hard work and accountability have been missing here lately. I say good hire, just who we needed.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d love to rip on this, but I don’t hate it. If you’re compiling a list of positives, it’s this:

1. QB guy

2. Pure a$$hole who won’t hesitate to knife Maccagnan.

3. That Dolphins team legitimately sucked from a talent standpoint.

4. Tannehill is brain dead.

5. McCarthy kinda sucks

6. Rhule would have been ok from a I-found-First-Blood-in-the-five-dollar-bin-at-Walmart-kinda-way.

7. Kingsbury or Richard would have been travesties.

Jamal is quiet which means he's not happy.  No wonder you don't hate it.

• Haha 1