The Adam Gase Positivity Thread

Grandy

3 hours ago, prime21 said:

Walterfootball.com

Jets hire HC Adam Gase: A+ Grade
This is the best hire of this offseason. Adam Gase, once called the "next Bill Belichick" by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, coached two of three seasons in Miami with his starting quarterback healthy. In those two seasons, Gase took the Dolphins took the playoffs once and had them in postseason contention in the other before Ryan Tannehill got banged up during a victory against the Patriots and was never the same after that. Tannehill, by the way, was one of the worst starters at his position in the NFL. It was quite amazing and impressive that Gase was able to keep the Dolphins in contention despite not having a viable quarterback.

This won't be a problem with the Jets. Gase will be able to coach Sam Darnold. This seems like a great fit. Gase has coached up bad quarterbacks to play well, and average quarterbacks to perform on a somewhat high level.

Gase will be able to help Darnold take the next step. This is a fantastic hire, fully worthy of an A+
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php#ZEGPmsC1mbDvYoJ4.99

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

WTH??  I've never seen them say anything good about the Jets...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

His offense statiscally has only been good with Peyton at QB and in fact was just as bad as Bates last year. His players intensely hated him and he couldn’t deal with the Miami media. He also did not pay any attention to the defensive side of the ball, and his ability to run a game leaves a lot to be desired. 

Id be shocked if Gase and McCagnan are around past 2020.

7 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

A lot of teams kicked our asses. Not hard to do. 

Not like Gase. He owned the Jets. Gase was their Daddy. We can finally compete with the Dolphins again. Let’s not forget the Fins are our greatest rivalry. I hate losing to them worse than the Pats. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

lol, Gase will throw half the players off the team because they don't fall down at his feet. Mac gonna kill him for messing with his "so many guys I drafted on the team" record.

Say what???? The nerve of this guy! Only half? 3/4 of this team should be thrown out of the league. Can’t Wait!

B06471DD-0A2A-4985-8856-C2606B7B6D7B.gif

One thing Bowles & co got knocked for - repeatedly, and fairly - was failingto hold players to account.

I went back and looked at the reasons behind the Ajayi trade, as i recalled it was based on perceived effort / preparation:

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/10/31/analysis-why-would-the-miami-dolphins-trade-jay-ajayi/

Coach Adam Gase had warned that he was going to play the players he felt knew what to do, whether the fans liked it or not.

Gase had warned that he was going to find the players to do what he wanted, how he wanted, or he would play somebody else.

Gase publicly said that Ajayi needed to stop going for the home run and start taking the three- or four-yard gains that were available on tape.

Gase also said after the latest 40-0 debacle that some of the team’s best players weren’t studying hard enough.

That they weren’t taking their work home.

I guess he and Adams should get on like a house on fire. Might be a few loafers getting moved on if they don't wake up and smell the coffee.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

In the Bowles thread that was bumped, the reaction was very positive
Maybe we don't know sh*t about hiring a coach?

I agree 100%. Too often people get hung up on being right in advance, and when "their guy" isn't hired (or drafted) they look for reasons why it won't work ... so they can be right in advance again, and say "told you so".

Keeping an open mind can really alleviate a lot of stress.

I can see positives and risks with this hire - there's no such thing as the perfect candidate - so I'll hope the positives come to pass and the risks don't.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

One thing Bowles & co got knocked for - repeatedly, and fairly - was failingto hold players to account.

I went back and looked at the reasons behind the Ajayi trade, as i recalled it was based on perceived effort / preparation:

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/10/31/analysis-why-would-the-miami-dolphins-trade-jay-ajayi/

Coach Adam Gase had warned that he was going to play the players he felt knew what to do, whether the fans liked it or not.

Gase had warned that he was going to find the players to do what he wanted, how he wanted, or he would play somebody else.

Gase publicly said that Ajayi needed to stop going for the home run and start taking the three- or four-yard gains that were available on tape.

Gase also said after the latest 40-0 debacle that some of the team’s best players weren’t studying hard enough.

That they weren’t taking their work home.

I guess he and Adams should get on like a house on fire. Might be a few loafers getting moved on if they don't wake up and smell the coffee.

First good thing I’ve heard about him. Sounds alot like Belichick there.

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I like the hire. He wanted out of Miami, he forced his way out because it sucks. He’s good with QBs and he’s young and innovative. Hoping he and Sam can get it done.

I certainly didn't want a newbie coach with no NFL experience. Let someone else provide coaching internships for a change. And I'm not at all concerned that he exerts authority rather than being a player's coach. Typically, strong head coaches who understand their role as managers, not players' buddies, get their teams to play at a higher level. Gase is still young and I would concur that we have to see what he learned from his stint with the Dolphins. Let's see who he brings with him. Could be a strong coaching group.  McCarthy seemed much more an old dog that wasn't about to learn new tricks. Overall, given the choices, this wasn't bad.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I certainly didn't want a newbie coach with no NFL experience. Let someone else provide coaching internships for a change. And I'm not at all concerned that he exerts authority rather than being a player's coach. Typically, strong head coaches who understand their role as managers, not players' buddies, get their teams to play at a higher level. Gase is still young and I would concur that we have to see what he learned from his stint with the Dolphins. Let's see who he brings with him. Could be a strong coaching group.  McCarthy seemed much more an old dog that wasn't about to learn new tricks. Overall, given the choices, this wasn't bad.

I was worried about MM  staff choices.  That was the "stale" part of the MM potential hire to me

9 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I like the hire. He wanted out of Miami, he forced his way out because it sucks. He’s good with QBs and he’s young and innovative. Hoping he and Sam can get it done.

for some reason I think the miami job is a bad place to be.  Not saying the Jet job is any great shakes

Mike McCarthy coached two hall of fame quarterbacks.

Gase coached Tannehill, Matt Moore, expired Jay Cutler, and Brock Osweiler. 

We hired an offensive minded, experienced head coach who was brought in specifically to develop Sam Darnold.

"The Jets keep hiring rookie head coaches." - Not this time. 

"The Jets don't know how to develop a QB." - They just hired a guy to develop a QB.

This wasn't the sexy pick, but it was the right one.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We hired an offensive minded, experienced head coach who was brought in specifically to develop Sam Darnold.

"The Jets don't know how to develop a QB." - They just hired a guy to develop a QB.

Serious question (as I will refrain from fully expressing my opinion in the positivity thread):  based on what Gase worked with, what has you believing he's well-equipped to develop a QB?

15 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Serious question (as I will refrain from fully expressing my opinion in the positivity thread):  based on what Gase worked with, what has you believing he's well-equipped to develop a QB?

This article explains it way better than I ever could.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/1/10/18176952/looking-at-adam-gases-history-with-quarterbacks-new-york-jets-head-coach

Here is a tidbit:

A couple more interesting tidbits for you. Gase has four times moved on from the staff of one NFL team to another. Each of the four teams Gase left scored fewer points per game the season after he left them than they did in his final season with them.

Four of the five times Gase was promoted to either quarterbacks coach, offensive coordinator, or head coach, Gase’s team improved its scoring average over their previous season.

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

But he's never developed a QB, so . . . 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What is the basis of the “Gase can develop Darnold” claim exactly?

What's done is done.  

The issue is NOT the choice (although it's an issue).

The issue is the PROCESS.

The process that this franchise takes and conducts every time a major decision is to be made is amateur, childish, misinformed and incompetent.

And it happens over and over and over and over and over again.

The process will continue to be broken with this ownership.

Disaster.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

I think the strongest argument is that every QB he's worked with has had their best season under his tutelage.

• Upvote 1