The Adam Gase Positivity Thread

Grandy

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not about this right now.  The team has won 2 games in a row and has a good but very beatable raiders team coming in this week.

Gase is here next year.  We have to put away the pitchforks and get behind him.

We sparked this turnaround w/ the plane incident.  We must now reap the benefits and enjoy the ride.

I have the jets beating the raiders next week.  Im going out on a limb and saying we beat them handily.

Jets 27

Raisers 14

pb1.jpg

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Gase is one win away from matching last years total, that’s while designated with injuries. Maybe he’s not so horrible after all? Maybe it takes time to get the systems installed? Maybe once he has some talent and a line he can be good? 

PB2.jpg

SAR I

• Upvote 4

I really like our chances next week.  Our rivalrly w/ the raiders goes back to the namath days.  This is an old afl game.

This is a big game for gase and darnold.  Im very excited to see how it plays out.  

If they win which i think they will, we then have the bungles then the fins.  This team could be 6-7 and there will be playoff talk around here.

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/17/2019 at 9:24 PM, SAR I said:

*** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT *** SOJF ALERT ***

SAR:  "The Jets are weak right now, terribly injured, more injuries than any season in our history especially to key players and whole squads of key positions."

TT2:  "No excuses!  Next Man Up!  NFL teams should be better than this!  Fire Adam Gase!"

SAR:  "Impressive job by Coach Gase and the Jets to get back to back wins like this."

TT2:  "No way!  Are you crazy?  They beat weak teams that were terribly injured!"

Works both ways.  Don't do it again.

SAR I

I didn't say "fire Gase".  I said Gase should be evaluated at the end of the year but that he shouldn't have gotten a guarantee for next year with 7 games to go.  We did just beat 2 weak teams.  But we also lost to 2 weak teams the 2 weeks prior.  Gase still has a LOT to prove.  And it's not like this is his first job.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't say "fire Gase".  I said Gase should be evaluated at the end of the year but that he shouldn't have gotten a guarantee for next year with 7 games to go.  We did just beat 2 week teams.  But we also lost to 2 weak teams the 2 weeks prior.  Gase still has a LOT to prove.  And it's not like this is his first job.

PB3.jpg

SAR I

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
On 11/17/2019 at 11:43 PM, jetstream23 said:

Is Gase winning games with the worst roster in football?  How many teams have less talent....maybe one or two at most?  Do the Giants have a worse roster than the Jets?

I really don't know, but at the end of the year we might be looking at 5 or 6 wins with this roster as a minor miracle.

Not a Gase fan...can he take his damn hat off in those post game Zoom conference calls and look directly at the camera?  Isn't direct eye contact a must-have for a head coach?

In his defense? This roster even taking injuries into account is beyond pathetic.

If we're going to send Gase out into the desert with the sins of the village, Joe Douglas should be carrying his water bottle.

After 8 games last year I wanted Gase fired.  When the season ended I was impressed with Darnolds progression, the teams success and how the tab stayed together I was willing to give him another shot. After 3 games of Gase not being able to build on the success of last year and Darnold looking so utterly incompetent he has to go asap.

• Upvote 1

Honestly through all this sh*t I just hope the guy is okay mentally. He's been ridiculed from day one but right now it's on another level and goes way beyond Jets fans. I don't think Gase is bad through a lack of effort and I'm sure he had high hope for the Jets and for his NFL career but it's over. He's become persona non grata in the league. A running joke.

He's a only a human being. I know he's made a lot of money but this level of criticism can break you. Watching the presser and he just seemed depressed. I think he's hoping for the change as much as anyone. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Not a Gase fan...can he take his damn hat off in those post game Zoom conference calls and look directly at the camera?  Isn't direct eye contact is must-have for a head coach?

In his defense? This roster even taking injuries into account is beyond pathetic.

If we're going to send Gase out into the desert with the sins of the village, Joe Douglas should be carrying his water bottle.

The Jaguars and Redskins have as little talent as the Jets do and they look light years better on offense and defense.  There is no excuse for how unbelievably horrific they look in all phases of the game.  Absolutely zero

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Honestly through all this sh*t I just hope the guy is okay mentally. He's been ridiculed from day one but right now it's on another level and goes way beyond Jets fans. I don't think Gase is bad through a lack of effort and I'm sure he had high hope for the Jets and for his NFL career but it's over. He's become persona non grata in the league. A running joke.

He's a only a human being. I know he's made a lot of money but this level of criticism can break you. Watching the presser and he just seemed depressed. I think he's hoping for the change as much as anyone. 

Yea ok I’ll take depression and millions to go with it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

After 8 games last year I wanted Gase fired.  When the season ended I was impressed with Darnolds progression, the teams success and how the tab stayed together I was willing to give him another shot. After 3 games of Gase not being able to build on the success of last year and Darnold looking so utterly incompetent he has to go asap.

I wasn’t. That 6-2 record in the 2nd half was an absolute facade. Still not giving up on Darnold. But Gase. Never liked him in the first place. I hate Miami more than any team in the NFL. I’m an Ole skool Jets fan and it’s absolute heresy to hire a coach from your arch enemy. 

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I wasn’t. That 6-2 record in the 2nd half was an absolute facade. Still not giving up on Darnold. But Gase. Never liked him in the first place. I hate Miami more than any team in the NFL. I’m an Ole skool Jets fan and it’s absolute heresy to hire a coach from your arch enemy. 

I wanted McCarthy. I thought Darnold needed a proven guy with a track record of high powered offenses to lead him.  If you look at Favre and Rodgers, Darnold has a very similar playing style to them.  I thought it would've been a great fit. The Cowboys are putting up 33 ppg and Dak has put up 920 yds passing in the last 2 games. The Jets have 37 pts total on the season. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, choon328 said:

I wanted McCarthy. I thought Darnold needed a proven guy with a track record of high powered offenses to lead him.  If you look at Favre and Rodgers, Darnold has a very similar playing style to them.  I thought it would've been a great fit. The Cowboys are putting up 33 ppg and Dak has put up 920 yds passing in the last 2 games. The Jets have 37 pts total on the season. 

Same. I said the head coaching hire should be ALL about sam and his development even if the team suffered a little for it. 

we got Gase- and now an unconfident, scared looking QB that looks on the field to have regressed since Jeremy Bates

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Not a Gase fan...can he take his damn hat off in those post game Zoom conference calls and look directly at the camera?  Isn't direct eye contact a must-have for a head coach?

I noticed that too.  He hates these press conferences and acts really awkward in them.  I get the feeling he's weird with the players too.  Have you noticed he doesn't seem to talk to the players on the sidelines?  He always seems to just be buried in his notes. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I noticed that too.  He hates these press conferences and acts really awkward in them.  I get the feeling he's weird with the players too.  Have you noticed he doesn't seem to talk to the players on the sidelines?  He always seems to just be buried in his notes. 

From day one he seemed to have some kind of social anxiety going on...layered with the stress that comes with being HC of the NYJ.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I was thinking the same thing.

i think when it gets this bad, a change is what’s best for everybody. 

Gase should have never been hired, I thought he was an awful coach in Miami.

That being said, to fire a guy after 20 games is pretty silly. You're never gonna get a quality HC candidate if you run through HCs like toilet paper. Unless Gase has completely lost the team(and it doesn't sound like he has), he should get to finish this year out.

15 hours ago, neckdemon said:

damn.....i forgot i wrote this. it's looking like a very real possibility now

nice

the right side of history can be a lonely place

10 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Gase will be canned after we lose to the Broncos on primetime television.  Nothing more positive than that.  

since my predictions are "red hot" here's another one Gase will last the year or most of it

no matter how bad it gets Gase will keep his job until we are in week 10+

that week 1 press conference double down was an embarassment

Chris doesn't have the juice box money for a buyout 

CAA jimmy sexton actually runs this team and he's Darnold, JD and Gase's agent all at once. 

we might have to necro this thread this time next year 

cause like Red at the Parole meeting, the Johnsons don't give a damn 

in fact they might just be offsetting the loss i.e. "punish" the fans for not buying tickets  even tho we are not allowed

Own the team? how about "own the fans" 

the johnsons aren't just neglectful they are rapacious and petty

this is all because we didn't buy parking passes in 2020 

• Upvote 1