Gase Pains: Jets Fans Appear Livid Over Hiring of Gase

JetNation

helmet.jpg

The New York Jets are  set to name Adam Gase as their new head coach, succeeding Todd Bowles who was let go at season’s end.  Gase was previously running things for the Miami Dolphins where he went 23-25 in three seasons.

News of the hiring did not go over well on social media as Jets fans lashed out at the move:

Wow what a blown opportunity

— RICHARD GONZALEZ (@richjets) January 10, 2019

“Wow, what a blown opportunity” said one member of the Jets faithful.  Another chimed in, saying “Keep filling the stadium with opposing team’s fans”

Keep filling the stadium with opposing teams fans. Terrible choice!!!! Laughingstock!!! Joke!!!

— Doug Gordon (@douggordon66) January 10, 2019

The hire comes as a surprise not only because Gase failed in Miami, but because we’ve learned in recent days that Gase had some blow ups with team owner Stephen Ross in Miami over personnel decisions.  Given the mild-mannered nature of Jets GM Mike Maccagnan, this is a move that could lead to internal strife.

Even before a hire was made, Maccagnan was on thin ice.  Bringing in a once failed head coach should mean that ice is that much thinner, and the only lifeline for Maccagnan will be immediate success for Gase which he did experience in Miami when he went 10-6 in year one.

A similar debut season for the Jets would be a welcome development, and it might take something like that, if not more, to win over a fan base that’s none to happy about the news.

The post Gase Pains: Jets Fans Appear Livid Over Hiring of Gase appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
UZhtFYPibWw

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, JetNation said:

helmet.jpg

The New York Jets are  set to name Adam Gase as their new head coach, succeeding Todd Bowles who was let go at season’s end.  Gase was previously running things for the Miami Dolphins where he went 23-25 in three seasons.

News of the hiring did not go over well on social media as Jets fans lashed out at the move:

Wow what a blown opportunity

— RICHARD GONZALEZ (@richjets) January 10, 2019

“Wow, what a blown opportunity” said one member of the Jets faithful.  Another chimed in, saying “Keep filling the stadium with opposing team’s fans”

Keep filling the stadium with opposing teams fans. Terrible choice!!!! Laughingstock!!! Joke!!!

— Doug Gordon (@douggordon66) January 10, 2019

The hire comes as a surprise not only because Gase failed in Miami, but because we’ve learned in recent days that Gase had some blow ups with team owner Stephen Ross in Miami over personnel decisions.  Given the mild-mannered nature of Jets GM Mike Maccagnan, this is a move that could lead to internal strife.

Even before a hire was made, Maccagnan was on thin ice.  Bringing in a once failed head coach should mean that ice is that much thinner, and the only lifeline for Maccagnan will be immediate success for Gase which he did experience in Miami when he went 10-6 in year one.

A similar debut season for the Jets would be a welcome development, and it might take something like that, if not more, to win over a fan base that’s none to happy about the news.

The post Gase Pains: Jets Fans Appear Livid Over Hiring of Gase appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

UZhtFYPibWw

Click here to read the full story...

Don’t speak for all Jets fans, I think it was a good hire.

This was a terrible hire....worst possible choice they could have made.

Why does anyone think a losing HC, that just got fired, was known for his players disliking him, from our own division is a good hire.

Because someone said he was innovative? Where? when? what did he accomplish?

This is a great hire.  He's not a rookie.  He's already an NFL head coach.  And one who is going to whip our  culture into shape with a focus on football and only football.

Some very successful Super Bowl head coaches were busts elsewhere.  We've done the coordinator route so long it's about time we went with a veteran.  And a young one with an offensive pedigree that Sam likes.

Good job Jets.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is a great hire.  He's not a rookie.  He's already an NFL head coach.  And one who is going to whip our  culture into shape with a focus on football and only football.

Some very successful Super Bowl head coaches were busts elsewhere.  We've done the coordinator route so long it's about time we went with a veteran.  And a young one with an offensive pedigree that Sam likes.

Good job Jets.

SAR I

Wecome back. Not sure when you came back but good to see you posting again. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good job Jets.

SAR I

Is this the first Coach hire you've supported since Parcells?

Don't get the outrage over the Adam Gase hire. Look up his track record. The truth is Gase got a raw deal in Miami. In the 3 seasons Gase was the head coach of the Dolphins he went 23-25 and made the playoffs his first season. During that same time period the Jets went 14-34 and never made the playoffs. Don't tell me the Dolphins had more to work with this past season, because they gutted that team before last season. Adam Gase is young, but he's experienced, and I think he's going to make the Jets fun to watch again.

Tweet guy: <Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; RT @Pepboys for a chance to win free brake pads for life; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; Qanon tweet; @FootballMindz MORE LIKE ADAM GAYSE>

Glenn: Man, I gotta get that hot take on the front page ASAP

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good job Jets.

SAR I

Love this 2008 article from ESPN about another 'unsuccessful' rookie HC:

http://www.espn.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&amp;sportCat=nfl&amp;id=3217121

2 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Great hire, a few years ago ppl would have killed to have him. Second time is always better and 2018 Jets have more talent than 2018 fins

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Give it a few years.  Gasy will cut your players like he did in Miami.  Y’all are getting a bad deal.  Gasy is a horrible coach, we have been hoping he would get fired for over a year.  Miami was never prepared and his play calling is the most predictable in the NFL.  I actually feel sorry for y’all.  

Archived