Gase Pains: Jets Fans Appear Livid Over Hiring of Gase

JetNation

I was not thrilled at first but when I read that Sam liked him it gave me some reassurance he's going to have to deal with this guy more than us.   I hope we get to hear from the other players I'm really curious that will be the real pulse setter.    

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Great hire, a few years ago ppl would have killed to have him. Second time is always better and 2018 Jets have more talent than 2018 fins

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I disagree with literally every single word of this.

I bet it wasn't even really sent from your iPhone using the JN app!!!

Just now, Vader said:

that’s how you justify this? Bill Bellichick?

People learn under difficult circumstances is all I'm saying.  He MAY turn out to be a good or even excellent HC.

Imagine the outrage if we were hiring the former failed HC of the Cleveland Browns after 5 seasons and a record of 36-44.  After he pissed off fans, veteran players and the ever=present media?

Oh the horrors.

I can't believe people are "loving" this pick. Maybe the stress of being a fan has finally brought on delusions.

This is pretty quick for a failed coach who reportedly fought with management, lost his team and got fired - he would have to do some pretty quick soul searching to rectify what went wrong; especially since Miami started out with promise under him.

It is not impossible but definitely will be interesting to see such a quick turnaround.

In addition, the Jets had to waste all of this time and drama to just hire someone they could have scooped up days ago? This to me is more a reflection of the Jets Brass keeping their power structure in place and not getting the best possible candidate.

27 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

We dodged the trap of has been McCarthy which is really a relief 

I'm in the camp that he was probably about the best available with the lowest risk.  We wanted offense, we wanted HC or NFL experience, we wanted some innovation and fresh thinking on O, we wanted a guy who is well known for working with QBs, etc.  We really kinda got that.

Everyone else was a big risk.  McCarthy just seemed stale.  In one place with one QB for far too long without getting to more than 1 Super Bowl.  He likely would have brought guys like Philbin with him.

The other guys....Kingsbury, Rhule, etc. have very big question marks.  Exciting because they are unknowns.  Jets fans always want what's behind Door #3.  The funny thing about Kingsbury....couldn't even get a better winning percentage at Texas Tech as HC than Gase had with Miami.  And Rhule, very exciting and intriguing.....but one year of experience in the NFL.....under Tom Coughlin....as a vice assistant to the deputy offensive line coach or some crap like that.

Listen, there was nobody left that people were unanimously pounding the table for.  No can't miss guy!  I'm onboard with Gase.

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Miami and patriot fans think it’s absolutely hilarious. 

Miami is in no mans land with no QB and are about to hire Kris Richard as their coach...

Pats fans have 2 years tops before the whole thing comes crumbling down and they’re staring at Josh McDaniels and some QB not named Brady running the show...

Who gives a flying rats assh0le what those dildos think?

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

People learn under difficult circumstances is all I'm saying.  He MAY turn out to be a good or even excellent HC.

Imagine the outrage if we were hiring the former failed HC of the Cleveland Browns after 5 seasons and a record of 36-44.  After he pissed off fans, veteran players and the ever=present media?

Oh the horrors.

Do you believe Gase learned as much in the past week on his couch as Belichick did in his 4 years as DC with 2 different teams under a successful HC that he had between his own HC jobs?

4 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I can't believe people are "loving" this pick. Maybe the stress of being a fan has finally brought on delusions.

This is pretty quick for a failed coach who reportedly fought with management, lost his team and got fired - he would have to do some pretty quick soul searching to rectify what went wrong; especially since Miami started out with promise under him.

It is not impossible but definitely will be interesting to see such a quick turnaround.

In addition, the Jets had to waste all of this time and drama to just hire someone they could have scooped up days ago? This to me is more a reflection of the Jets Brass keeping their power structure in place and not getting the best possible candidate.

Would have loved hiring the guy the Packers just fired and no other team wants? 

It's a good hire. Kingsbury would have been a good hire. McCarthy may have been a good hire. If any of them were perfect they wouldn't have been available. 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Miami is in no mans land with no QB and are about to hire Kris Richard as their coach...

Pats fans have 2 years tops before the whole thing comes crumbling down and their staring at Josh McDaniels and some QB not named Brady running the show...

Who give a flying rats assh0le what those dildos think?

It’s kind of like when buffalo hired Rex. 

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is a great hire.  He's not a rookie.  He's already an NFL head coach.  And one who is going to whip our  culture into shape with a focus on football and only football.

Some very successful Super Bowl head coaches were busts elsewhere.  We've done the coordinator route so long it's about time we went with a veteran.  And a young one with an offensive pedigree that Sam likes.

Good job Jets.

SAR I

Stay tuned, you can add him to those 4 boxes you have there. lol

18 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Don't get the outrage over the Adam Gase hire. Look up his track record. The truth is Gase got a raw deal in Miami. In the 3 seasons Gase was the head coach of the Dolphins he went 23-25 and made the playoffs his first season. During that same time period the Jets went 14-34 and never made the playoffs. Don't tell me the Dolphins had more to work with this past season, because they gutted that team before last season. Adam Gase is young, but he's experienced, and I think he's going to make the Jets fun to watch again.

I dont hate it. I think it has potential IF he learned from his mistakes in Miami. I agree it wasnt all his fault but some was. I still would of picked McCarthy though. It comes down to Macc now.  He dug himself in the hole so now he needs to hit a home run in the draft and free agency

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is a great hire.  He's not a rookie.  He's already an NFL head coach.  And one who is going to whip our  culture into shape with a focus on football and only football.

Some very successful Super Bowl head coaches were busts elsewhere.  We've done the coordinator route so long it's about time we went with a veteran.  And a young one with an offensive pedigree that Sam likes.

Good job Jets.

SAR I

What offensive pedigree?

Running the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offenses in his 3 years as HC?

or one year calling plays for arguably the best QB to play the game?

18 minutes ago, Dolphins81 said:

Give it a few years.  Gasy will cut your players like he did in Miami.  Y’all are getting a bad deal.  Gasy is a horrible coach, we have been hoping he would get fired for over a year.  Miami was never prepared and his play calling is the most predictable in the NFL.  I actually feel sorry for y’all.  

I'm sold on Gase now

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is this the first Coach hire you've supported since Parcells?

Yes.  Take the best attributes of all the candidates and Gase is the right choice.  

I especially like the fact that he pissed off a bunch of primadonna Dolphins.  Good.  We’ve got some lazy players that need to get a loud message here too.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I dont hate it. I think it has potential IF he learned from his mistakes in Miami. I agree it wasnt all his fault but some was. I still would of picked McCarthy though. It comes down to Macc now.  He dug himself in the hole so now he needs to hit a home run in the draft and free agency

I'll agree with that. IF he has learned from his mistakes, the Jets hit a home run. Everyone is trying to find the next McVay, and if we are lucky, Gase's the one. He'll rise up out of those Miami ashes, and bring the Jets to the top of the mountain. That would piss Dolphins fans off even more than Jets fans after losing Belichick, because we never kicked Belichick to the curb. He just left us with a napkin.

28 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Love this 2008 article from ESPN about another 'unsuccessful' rookie HC:

http://www.espn.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&sportCat=nfl&id=3217121

This. 

Let them cut their teeth elsewhere, have a little success and make some mistakes. 

No learning curve this time. No foot fetish videos, no stupid timeouts, no presnap penalties, no coddling the media. Experience means everything this time. 

I was praying for McCarthy but Gase is just fine.  

SAR I

26 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The single dumbest choice on their list, so it makes sense that it's the one they picked.

Second best choice on the list. He’s Sean McVay with a wake-up call.   He’s an AFC East guy who knows our personnel and our rivals. He’s a QB developer and led the Broncos to a record setting offensive year and the Super Bowl.  

And he’s angry and demanding. Good Lord how we need some more of that. 

SAR I

13 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Do you believe Gase learned as much in the past week on his couch as Belichick did in his 4 years as DC with 2 different teams under a successful HC that he had between his own HC jobs?

Guess we're gonna find out.

Funny thing, but a good QB can make or break a coach...and his hold on the 'locker room' etc.

I was more of a McCarthy guy (though had my doubts about him too), but I'd take Gase over Monken, Rhule and what was left after our 'search'.

Personally, can't believe they didn't interview either Campbell or Carmichael from NO...but it is what it is.

Just not ready to throw in the towel yet...Gase does have some promise.

18 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Gase’s Dolphins (2016-2018): - slowest operating offense - 25th in red zone efficiency (joins a Jets team that ranked 30th in 2018) - 24th in total rushing yards

From Matthew Berry.

They didn’t have Sam Darnold. And I mean that. Those years none of their QB’s played at Sam’s rookie level. Not to mention his ceiling which we haven’t come close to seeing. 

This is a great day to be a Jets fan.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'll agree with that. IF he has learned from his mistakes, the Jets hit a home run. Everyone is trying to find the next McVay, and if we are lucky, Gase's the one. He'll rise up out of those Miami ashes, and bring the Jets to the top of the mountain. That would piss Dolphins fans off even more than Jets fans after losing Belichick, because we never kicked Belichick to the curb. He just left us with a napkin.

Its a big IF though.  Plus we still need to get good talent which Macc hasnt proven he can do yet.  His claim to fame is getting jamal adams and getting a gift from the giants when they passed on Sam. As for Gase he really needs to be the innovative offensive mind some people claim otherwise this will end badly

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Second best choice on the list. He’s Sean McVay with a wake-up call.   He’s an AFC East guy who knows our personnel and our rivals. He’s a QB developer and led the Broncos to a record setting offensive year and the Super Bowl.  

And he’s angry and demanding. Good Lord how we need some more of that. 

SAR I

None of this is true.  He's developed 0 QBs ever.  His "success" was with Peyton Manning, the guy renowned for calling his own plays throughout his career.  Regardless, even if he was a good OC, he was a miserable failure of a HC.  He's learned literally nothing, because he's still in the middle of being a failure and the Jets gave him the job.  Worst decision they could have possibly made.  I quite literally would have preferred them to keep Bowles.

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What offensive pedigree?

Running the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offenses in his 3 years as HC?

or one year calling plays for arguably the best QB to play the game?

Gase might be Bill Belichick 2000. A young genius punted by a team prematurely who landed in exactly the right spot at exactly the right time.  

We just won the Super Bowl, probably 2021. Be happy. 

SAR I

I'm liking this a lot. I trust him more the Ruhle or McCarthy with Darnold. I think he'll wake up the Offense, and hopefully he'll be here a long time. We're due for some good things to happen...

How can you trust him more than McCarthy than with Darnold. McCarthy May have had his issues at the end, but he was the coach who worked on Rodgers for a few years while Favre was there. He was the one who along with Ted Thompson said no to Favre wanting to come back yet again. What has Gase done? Developed a 36 year old Peyton Manning? IMHO this is a massive mistake. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t feel good about this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I'm indifferent. Now lets see if this guy can do anything or is just another guy on the never ending list of Jets blunders.

My concern about Gase is I think he’s going to scare away free agents 

That said I prefer him over Ruhle and Monken

Archived