Gase Pains: Jets Fans Appear Livid Over Hiring of Gase

JetNation

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase might be Bill Belichick 2000. A young genius punted by a team prematurely who landed in exactly the right spot at exactly the right time.  

We just won the Super Bowl, probably 2021. Be happy. 

SAR I

For all the Mangini-lovers Gase is nothing more than a better version of Mangini

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Its a big IF though.  Plus we still need to get good talent which Macc hasnt proven he can do yet.  His claim to fame is getting a gift from the giants when they passed on Sam. As for Gase he really needs to be the innovative offensive mind some people claim otherwise this will end badly

Fixed your quote - you’re welcome

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

None of this is true.  He's developed 0 QBs ever.  His "success" was with Peyton Manning, the guy renowned for calling his own plays throughout his career.  Regardless, even if he was a good OC, he was a miserable failure of a HC.  He's learned literally nothing, because he's still in the middle of being a failure and the Jets gave him the job.  Worst decision they could have possibly made.  I quite literally would have preferred them to keep Bowles.

I have to agree with most of this. Miracles can happen and people definitely deserve second chances but Miami fell badly and this is a very quick turnaround to be right back in the same position. We can only hope he learned how to deal with a team's ownership, players and the media in this short span.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

None of this is true.  He's developed 0 QBs ever.  His "success" was with Peyton Manning, the guy renowned for calling his own plays throughout his career.  Regardless, even if he was a good OC, he was a miserable failure of a HC.  He's learned literally nothing, because he's still in the middle of being a failure and the Jets gave him the job.  Worst decision they could have possibly made.  I quite literally would have preferred them to keep Bowles.

Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, Bowles.

By the time they learned the job they were already gone.  With Gase, we have a legitimate, experienced NFL caliber head coach who has already had a 10-win season, coached a playoff game, dealt with locker room drama, brain farted all his stupid timeouts, and got his wakeup call.  Unlike all those other rookie head coaches, we've got a guy who already went through the gauntlet and has zero learning curve. 

Build a coaching staff in a week, start working with Sam, be smart in free agency, draft a playmaker, we come out guns blazing when camp opens.  Just like there is a rookie QB curve there is a rookie HC curve.  Next year, we've got a young veteran QB and a young veteran HC in shiny new uniforms who will both think they are leading a playoff team.  Just watch.

This is a historic night.  Enjoy it.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

My concern about Gase is I think he’s going to scare away free agents

Gase demands 100% attention to football and only football.  If free agents balk at that notion, good, they don't belong here.

There is another HC in the AFCE who has a similar 100% football no-nonsense philosophy, is always cutting talent a year too soon and replacing it with JAG's and he's doing pretty well.  Gase isn't Belichick, but I'll take a hardass veteran HC over a players-pet rookie HC any day of the week.  This is going to be good.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

This was the last straw for me. I’m going full time troll on this franchise. I have completely lost all interest and now prefer to watch them lose and suffer and sh*t on the incompetence 

I've been there. Its a dark place.

Hello darkness, my old friend.....

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

This was the last straw for me. I’m going full time troll on this franchise. I have completely lost all interest and now prefer to watch them lose and suffer and sh*t on the incompetence 

The Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl with Doug Peterson.  The Indianapolis Colts look like a Super Bowl team with Frank Reich.  The downtrodden Los Angeles Chargers are a miracle with Anthony Lynn.

Young head coaches, second-choices, fanbases whining, and all they're doing is winning.  Stay the course.  This is going to be good.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

By the time they learned the job they were already gone.  With Gase, we have a legitimate, experienced NFL caliber head coach who has already had a 10-win season, coached a playoff game, dealt with locker room drama, brain farted all his stupid timeouts, and got his wakeup call.  Unlike all those other rookie head coaches, we've got a guy who already went through the gauntlet and has zero learning curve. 

Build a coaching staff in a week, start working with Sam, be smart in free agency, draft a playmaker, we come out guns blazing when camp opens.  Just like there is a rookie QB curve there is a rookie HC curve.  Next year, we've got a young veteran QB and a young veteran HC in shiny new uniforms who will both think they are leading a playoff team.  Just watch.

SAR I

So of that list, outside of the guy who ran off to college and the one we just finished firing, the other 3 are the picture perfect example of why you don't take another team's miserable failure and immediately hand them another job when they've learned absolutely nothing since then, because they continue to suck at it.  Great, we get to have the likes of KC Herm, Browns Mangini, and Bills Rex.  Oh joyous day!

Side note, all 3 of them were more successful in their first runs with the Jets than Gase was with the Dolphins.  Meaning we just signed on for the poor man's version of that crapfest.

17 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

By hiring a sh*te coach who can’t win that was in over division. Brilliant ******* idea.

When he was an OC he was the hottest name in the league, everyone wanted him.  When made an NFL HD and when he had a legitimate quarterback he won 10 games and made the playoffs.  He knows our personnel, he knows the AFC East, he knows how to beat the Patriots, he can quickly build a quality coaching staff, and he's not going to take sh*t from malcontent millionaires in the locker room.

Chris Johnson and Sam Darnold love the guy.  You should too.  Darnold and Gase in one calendar year.  If you have any champagne left over in the fridge, time to whip it out.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Guess we're gonna find out.

Funny thing, but a good QB can make or break a coach...and his hold on the 'locker room' etc.

I was more of a McCarthy guy (though had my doubts about him too), but I'd take Gase over Monken, Rhule and what was left after our 'search'.

Personally, can't believe they didn't interview either Campbell or Carmichael from NO...but it is what it is.

Just not ready to throw in the towel yet...Gase does have some promise.

Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong, and while I didn't love all of the Jets' candidates, Gase was far and away at the very bottom of that list for me the entire time.

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

you are definitely trolling.

but on the substance -

this coach doesn’t have the credibility to come in here and start barking like he knows something. he’s never accomplished anything. He’s got no cachet or bona fides. He’s getting blown out in games.

Jamal Adams isn’t going to listen to this scrub. Jamal Adams is going to run the defense and Gase and Darnold are going to run the offense.

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So of that list, outside of the guy who ran off to college and the one we just finished firing, the other 3 are the picture perfect example of why you don't take another team's miserable failure and immediately hand them another job when they've learned absolutely nothing since then, because they continue to suck at it.  Great, we get to have the likes of KC Herm, Browns Mangini, and Bills Rex.  Oh joyous day!

Side note, all 3 of them were more successful in their first runs with the Jets than Gase was with the Dolphins.  Meaning we just signed on for the poor man's version of that crapfest.

Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, and Rex Ryan didn't step into Sam Darnold and a division ready to be taken.  That's the difference.

On the first day of their second NFL HC stints each of those coaches were smarter and more prepared than they were on Day 1 with the Jets, but lack of quarterbacks (Damon Huard, Brady Quinn, and Tyrod Taylor) and severe competition (14-2 Chargers, Steelers/Ravens, Patriots) doomed them all.

Here on his second tour of the AFC East, Gase is prepared right out of the gate, he knows our roster intimately, and he's a) got a franchise caliber quarterback and b) is arriving at the dawn of the death of the Patriot menace.

All that matters is that on the day that Tom Brady retires, the Jets are the team in the division most ready to take it over.  And hiring an experienced NFL HC is the next-step in ensuring the Jets are that team.  What, you like the Bills chances?  The Dolphins?  The Bradyless Pats?  This is a great night.  Enjoy it.

SAR I

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The Miami and patriot fans think it’s absolutely hilarious. 

Yea thake it with a grain of salt but just spent the last hour reading pat and fins fan reactions. My takes from miami fans:

1. Gase was hated by almost everyone

2. Gase lost control of the team

3. Gase never screamed at a player or an official. He only had a wicked “stare” ....Dont mistake him for a hard nosed disciplinarian

4. Gase is on the spectrum. He has issues with relationships

5. Gase (see #4) is odd. He displays odd immature behaviors. When things are going bad, he pulls his brim down just under his eyes so you cant see them. He also hides by the bench and writes jibberish as if he was designing plays in panic time

6. He loves a draw on 3amd 15

7. He loves throwing behind the line of scrimmage or way short

8. His play calling is dull and super predictable

9. When he has an issue with a player that is tough to resolve he instaed throws them off the team or benches them

10. Miami fans have plenty of respect for the jets d?

11. Miami fans mostly think darnold is at least pretty good. They are concerned.

12. They are almost a paralell universe down there. They say the same things we say such as “it would be so dophinsy if gase winds up winning the super bowl with the jets” and “ you know its going to happen, we are a cursed franchise”

The biggest concern for me is #1. If players quickly sour on him and revolt against his bs, weve got some huge issues. The fin fans made it sound like every single player hates his guts. With players texting each other, it sets up the bias.

should b interesting to read the jet players tweet....

Oh yea forgot another thing they said and its super important:

13. He likes to work with his guys. He may want to bring in his oc and dc from miami. Esentially, the whole core of the dolphins coaches will be the jet coaches. They love it because they hate every one.

i just think hed be better off with other guys like williams

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, and Rex Ryan didn't step into Sam Darnold and a division ready to be taken.  That's the difference.

On the first day of their second NFL HC stints each of those coaches were smarter and more prepared than they were on Day 1 with the Jets, but lack of quarterbacks (Damon Huard, Brady Quinn, and Tyrod Taylor) and severe competition (14-2 Chargers, Steelers/Ravens, Patriots) doomed them all.

Here on his second tour of the AFC East, Gase is prepared right out of the gate, he knows our roster intimately, and he's a) got a franchise caliber quarterback and b) is arriving at the dawn of the death of the Patriot menace.

All that matters is that on the day that Tom Brady retires, the Jets are the team in the division most ready to take it over.  And hiring an experienced NFL HC is the next-step in ensuring the Jets are that team.  What, you like the Bills chances?  The Dolphins?  The Bradyless Pats?  This is a great night.  Enjoy it.

SAR I

Just to be clear, I am very well aware of your shtick, I've been seeing it for long enough, so I'm not buying any of this for a second.  Figure out whichever is the topic will get people the most riled, take the dissenting opinion, and have a ball.

That said, I'll still bite one more time.  When the greatest positive you can say for any of those bums is why it's not their fault that they were miserable failures, then the entire argument has no merit to it.  Gase is a loser, plain and simple, and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest he will be otherwise, other than a long list of excuses of why his failures aren't his fault, and the fictitious story that he's learned so much, despite all evidence pointing to the contrary.

51 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

On a side note, @Maxman allowing for the return of @SAR I on today of all days has to be one of the most sick and twisted things I've ever seen.

There's some really dark things going on in that mind.

I am pretty sure that Sar has been unbanned for months. Welcome back.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Just to be clear, I am very well aware of your shtick, I've been seeing it for long enough, so I'm not buying any of this for a second.  Figure out whichever is the topic will get people the most riled, take the dissenting opinion, and have a ball.

It's never schtick.  I'm either just smarter or just have a different opinion.

When we win the division two years from now you can apologize for judging me this way.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's never schtick.  I'm either just smarter or just have a different opinion.

When we win the division two years from now you can apologize for judging me this way.

SAR I

Yeah, yeah, I know... gotta keep the act alive.  It's entertaining sometimes, don't get me wrong, but after a while it's clear as day.

Archived