Jump to content

Cimini shreda gase hire


kevinc855

Recommended Posts

People who know Gase say he can rub people the wrong way because he's brutally direct. He has high standards and he doesn't compromise. He doesn't suffer fools gladly. If you're not on board, you're out. That probably explains why so many high-profile players were jettisoned last offseason by the Dolphins.

 

 

86318BAF-FD1A-4084-95C6-02E9A9DADC33.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

It’s weird that in order for this to be a decent hire all Gase has to do is get along with people.  I don’t think anyone questions his talent and knowledge, they just wonder if he’s a ticking time bomb.

Seriously, when you're in charge, you don't have to get along with the people under you. He's not their friend. He's their boss. It's a job. And they are paid handsomely to do their job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Louis Riddick (One of the few analysts i respect in the league), Chris Moore (FAN guy, Jet fan), and Orr are the most notable...but there are plenty to choose from. 

Louis Riddick has been upset at every new HC that has been white. He has his own agenda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Seriously, when you're in charge, you don't have to get along with the people under you. He's not their friend. He's their boss. It's a job. And they are paid handsomely to do their job.

And they won't do that job if they don't repeat the coach. No matter what we think about what is supposed to happen when someone makes millions of dollars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

And they won't do that job if they don't repeat the coach. No matter what we think about what is supposed to happen when someone makes millions of dollars. 

Why wouldn't they respect him? Because he doesn't kiss their ass? You know how coaches earn respect? They win. Yes, it is that simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am incredibly disappointed in this hire. I want to say it clearly at least one time. I feel like they made a big mistake today. 

I have been trying to pump myself up for the guys we had narrowed it down to over the past few days. For a min or two I liked Gase but the way he handles people is just plain bad. We are going to be lucky if he actually gets along with the players long enough for them to buy into any potential he has. 

We had some really solid choices and this one just feels wrong. Especially because he was just a failure at the damn Miami Dolphins. This is the second time we are taking a Fins HC cast off. It went miserably wrong with Sporano and I am struggling to think it will go otherwise this time. 

I'll root for him of course, and I'll really try to see the bright side, but this one is hard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gase is known to be a bit of a prick.  Not good when you have lots of money to spend on free agency.  What player wants to join a team run by a jerk?  There were players that wanted out of Miami who were under contract.  The Eric Mangini effect: great at x's and o's but clueless when it comes to managing a locker room.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why wouldn't they respect him? Because he doesn't kiss their ass? You know how coaches earn respect? They win. Yes, it is that simple.

People don't respect a$$holes. Those types of guys THINK people respect them, but they don't. You're right that you earn respect by winning. The players have to buy in for that to happen.  He hasn't won yet so he doesn't arrive with wining to fall back on.  It's a tough way to start when you have the reputation of being a jerk. At least if you've won, you have something for the players to grab on to even when you're not liked.  I sincerely hope it doesn't go the way of mutiny, but the strong potential is there.  The word between players spreads fast. This could very well affect the FA market as well. We were just climbing out of the Jets being the basement. 

I'm gonna try. I am. This one is tough to take with all of the negative baggage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Gross...

from the article..

the Dolphins went from 24th to 25th to 31st in total offense - wow...that's worse than the Jets.  

Holy Sugar - this is the offensive genius we just hired.

I've been looking through all of these threads to find out why he is supposed to be good for offense as well ?????

certainly his time in Miami, as shown by the #'s above,  his offense was terrible

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

People don't respect a$$holes. Those types of guys THINK people respect them, but they don't. You're right that you earn respect by winning. The players have to buy in for that to happen.  He hasn't won yet so he doesn't arrive with wining to fall back on.  It's a tough way to start when you have the reputation of being a jerk. At least if you've won, you have something for the players to grab on to even when you're not liked.  I sincerely hope it doesn't go the way of mutiny, but the strong potential is there.  The word between players spreads fast. This could very well affect the FA market as well. We were just climbing out of the Jets being the basement. 

I'm gonna try. I am. This one is tough to take with all of the negative baggage. 

I didn't say he could be an a$$hole and be respected. I said he doesn't have to be nice to players to be respected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He didnt shred them BUT he is saying they better get lucky with this hire. This is the most critical offseason in 20 years. If Gase flames out and Macc blows it again we are ****ed

We are already ****ed because we still have Mac.

Nothing matters until he is gone.

Franchise can not get out of its own way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I said elsewhere, I've learned to never underestimate the incompetence of others. Jets were given an opportunity to blow it and they did.

At least it's not Rhule who's literally done nothing to justify getting a NFL HC job. The Rhulites cant criticize this hire because their justification was that Rhule would hire Gase as OC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

Like I said elsewhere, I've learned to never underestimate the incompetence of others. Jets were given an opportunity to blow it and they did.

At least it's not Rhule who's literally done nothing to justify getting a NFL HC job. The Rhulites cant criticize this hire because their justification was that Rhule would hire Gase as OC.

The only available candidate who was better than Gase was McCarthy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I didn't say he could be an a$$hole and be respected. I said he doesn't have to be nice to players to be respected. 

Right. You didn't.  I added that part. The conversation was progressing into why I thought they might not respect him. He's got a bit of a rep for that sort of thing. It's a major negative with him. It bothers me that the guy we are bringing in to change the culture of the franchise arrives with a rep for getting on the wrong side of people. You know how these players are.  You certainly don't want a best friend type like Rex or someone who is spineless, but people skills are big in this role. He has to create a cohesive environment between all aspects of the org.  So far it seems he has struggled to accomplish that. This is gonna be tough man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. You didn't.  I added that part. The conversation was progressing into why I thought they might not respect him. He's got a bit of a rep for that sort of thing. It's a major negative with him. It bothers me that the guy we are bringing in to change the culture of the franchise arrives with a rep for getting on the wrong side of people. You know how these players are.  You certainly don't want a best friend type like Rex or someone who is spineless, but people skills are big in this role. He has to create a cohesive environment between all aspects of the org.  So far it seems he has struggled to accomplish that. This is gonna be tough man. 

Interesting article describing his tenure in Miami. Apparently, he didn't know you shouldn't yell at the owner. (A plus IMO in relation to CJ). And he has does not suffer fools well.....  watch out Mac.

Nothing about how he treated players. But, clearly he was not their friend.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...