Monken crushed the interview

Patriot Killa

Eh, I don’t work in the league but I’ve been hired, and have hired many, many employees. I personally suck at interviewing, and I remind myself when I make a hiring decision that acing the interview doesn’t make someone the best candidate.

Maybe the Monken took a few addie’s before the interview...

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Eh, I don’t work in the league but I’ve been hired, and have hired many, many employees. I personally suck at interviewing, and I remind myself when I make a hiring decision that acing the interview doesn’t make someone the best candidate.

This reminds me of the Vikings HC who was the TE, forgot his name. Everyone said he was the best interviewer, when he walked out the thought was, he is our guy. But he sucked as a HC

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

what's the best way to vet a candidate?

You should know this

References.

Rhule had every a$$hole who's seen a football tell us - THAT'S THE GUY.... he could have hired a raccoon as his OC... you have to have faith. 

Instead, we go with the guy who's torpedoed another lockeroom, because forehead vouched for him. 

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Me and @Patriot Killa are going to fly a banner over Florham Park that says "Monken"

It should have been him.  And, don't question me and Patriot Killa.  We're the 2nd and 1st place teams, respectively from JetNation Fantasy League A.  lol

Honestly we should just run this team. We make better match up adjustments than any coach in the last 20 years.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

what's the best way to vet a candidate?

You should know this

References.

Rhule had every a$$hole who's seen a football tell us - THAT'S THE GUY.... he could have hired a raccoon as his OC... you have to have faith. 

Instead, we go with the guy who's torpedoed another lockeroom, because forehead vouched for him. 

Are you surprised?  The Johnsons are an impressionable bunch.  Last time, Woody listened took the advice of the corpse of Ron Wolf. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So here's the question.  Did Monken during his interview with the Jets say that he'd come onboard as OC under another HC?  If the Jets were going to offer Rhule the HC job if he took Monken then they must have known Monken would accept that role.

Does this mean there's a possibility Monken would work under Gase?  Now THAT would be interesting.

As far as DC's go....Steve Spagnuolo, Gregg Williams, Rex Ryan, Steve Wilks, Vance Joseph???

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

So here's the question.  Did Monken during his interview with the Jets say that he'd come onboard as OC under another HC?  If the Jets were going to offer Rhule the HC job if he took Monken then they must have known Monken would accept that role.

Does this mean there's a possibility Monken would work under Gase?  Now THAT would be interesting.

As far as DC's go....Steve Spagnuolo, Gregg Williams, Rex Ryan, Steve Wilks, Vance Joseph???

He will have options.  He isn’t coming somewhere where he won’t even be able to call plays.

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It’s my only hope for any type of true excitement with this hire. I doubt it happens though. I just hope that Dowell Loggains guy cant get out of his contract and mess things up here.

42 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Monken has the right personality, too.  Gase seems like he could have a meltdown from dealing with the NY media. 

Woody or Chris should have asked him if his mother was a prostitute just to see his reaction 

Archived