Dolphins/Gase Weeks 4 Through 17 in 2018

Lot K Tailgaters

Darnold, IMHO >>>>>> Tannehill and Osweiler 

This is a guy who was THE hot offensive mind a few years ago before being attached to Miami, Tannenbaum, and those crappy QBs. 

Not high on my list, but what the hell do I know? I’m back in a familiar place for me; hopeful and rooting for the guy the Jets hired. I’ll stay on board up to and until there’s ample evidence that he’s a bad fit for the Jets. 

We’re all concerned about Darnold’s development, but I hope he hires a DC who gets the most out of all the #1 picks on defense here.  

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Darnold, IMHO >>>>>> Tannehill and Osweiler 

This is a guy who was THE hot offensive mind a few years ago before being attached to Miami, Tannenbaum, and those crappy QBs. 

Not high on my list, but what the hell do I know? I’m back in a familiar place for me; hopeful and rooting for the guy the Jets hired. I’ll stay on board up to and until there’s ample evidence that he’s a bad fit for the Jets. 

We’re all concerned about Darnold’s development, but I hope he hires a DC who gets the most out of all the #1 picks on defense here.  

I still remember Vance Joseph in 1995 getting torched by Tim Brown.  Now there’s talk he could be our DC.  

Kind of ironic the Gase hire is similar to Kotite who Joseph played for.  

2 hours ago, Vader said:

brutal away losses. these games are blowouts.  

Didn't even win a single away game.

No, my mistake, he did. He won 1 away game last season. Against us.

In fact, Gase is 7-18 on the road for his 3 seasons in Miami. Actually got worse every season going (4-5), (2-6), and (1-7), being outscored 698 - 421 in those game. Even in his good season in 2016 in which he made the playoffs, he was still outscored 211-172 on the road.

Not to mention the fact that his offenses ranked (by points) 17, 28, and 26. His defenses were ranked pretty much exactly the same, but 1 rank worse (18, 29, 27)

I, 100%, would've even preferred Matt Rhule to this guy, an unknown commodity or not. Adam Gase is a known commodity, but just about everything we know about him sucks.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Didn't even win a single away game.

No, my mistake, he did. He won 1 away game last season. Against us.

In fact, Gase is 7-18 on the road for his 3 seasons in Miami. Actually got worse every season going (4-5), (2-6), and (1-7), being outscored 698 - 421 in those game. Even in his good season in 2016 in which he made the playoffs, he was still outscored 211-172 on the road.

Not to mention the fact that his offenses ranked (by points) 17, 28, and 26. His defenses were ranked pretty much exactly the same, but 1 rank worse (18, 29, 27)

I, 100%, would've even preferred Matt Rhule to this guy, an unknown commodity or not. Adam Gase is a known commodity, but just about everything we know about him sucks.

Dayyum 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

"He considered his time as the offensive coordinator in Denver, a time in which Peyton Manning broke the season touchdown pass record, and decided guards were really a luxury the Dolphins didn’t need. Because Manning could get rid of the football so fast, guards basically had nothing to do on many plays anyway and Gase thought things could work the same in Miami."

The bold should really be concerning to anyone who gives a **** about our O-line depth and protecting Darnold.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Another damning bit:

"After the 2016 season when the Dolphins needed a serious upgrade to their defense, Gase decided he could make the offense operate on the cheap while the defense added players. So the coach practically ignored the need for guards.

And Ross challenged him about that."

Hmmmm. Ignoring the offense while "shoring" up the defense? Where have we seen that before? For curiosity's sake, here's a reminder about their defenses rankings (in points) those years (2016: 18th, 2017: 29th, 2018: 27th).

And Chris Johnson doesn't have the balls to challenge Gase on things like this. Do you think Macc is going to? lol. That sh*t's taken right out of Macc's playbook. Adam Gase doesn't just think he's a HC, but also thinks he's a GM, and he appears to be just as horrible at it as our own GM.

I now see why Gase was hired. As soon as he walked into the room, Macc was like:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Archived