Ban Me Now: I’m going Full Time Troll

HessStation

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You think it is comparable to immediately hire a guy who just got fired for failures, and eventually hiring guys 5 and 16 years later respectively?

No, but that isn't really the debate. I have never said Gase was a great, no brainer hire. I never said he was the best candidate. I am only debating with those foolish enough to think that McCarthy was a significantly better hire. You know, the guy that was also just fired because they didn't much care for his coaching abilities. 

Think of it this way, if the Packers/their fans/Rodgers were happy to see McCarthy go, what do you think we would have thought about him in 2 years when he wasn't the one that brought us a Super Bowl? 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, YouPlay2Win said:

if you speak to Packer fans they have lots of problems with Mccarthy, including game management. hmm, sounds familiar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Former Super Bowl winning Head Coaches don't often get fired mid-season. He was doing plenty wrong. But Jets fans are a very insecure bunch and they would have felt all warm and fuzzy knowing they have a former SB winning HC versus some punk kid that our rivals just fired. 

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’m apologizing up front to Max and everyone right now. I’ve lost all interest, what little I had left, caring an ounce about this sh*t franchise. I actually find myself incapable of rooting for this kind of incompetence anymore. My only choice moving forward is to sh*t on, make fun of and not give two ****s about this organization. So let the neg bombs flow my brothers. The buttfumbles are now my new best friend. I’m ready for it if not with just a straight up ban. Good times over the years though. I’m letting go of any passion left for this toxic team. 

Well the good thing is that, as you told me a couple of weeks ago, youre not really a Jets fan, you just like the banter on the board.  Doesnt make a difference what side of the ledger youre on.

Youre clearly on the "if they dont make the moves I want, screw them" side.  Hopefully the Gase hiring flushes all of you out, who cares

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Former Super Bowl winning Head Coaches don't often get fired mid-season. He was doing plenty wrong. But Jets fans are a very insecure bunch and they would have felt all warm and fuzzy knowing they have a former SB winning HC versus some punk kid that our rivals just fired. 

He was basically fired by the organization that didnt want him and the HOF QB who also didnt want him

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was basically fired by the organization that didnt want him and the HOF QB who also didnt want him

And the fans didn't want him. Yet, Jets fans were DYING for him because 90pct of these guys only watch Jets games and have no clue what's going on outside their bubble. 

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And the fans didn't want him. Yet, Jets fans were DYING for him because 90pct of these guys only watch Jets games and have no clue what's going on outside their bubble. 

Its pretty amazing.  We wanted Bowles out for so many valid reasons.  We had a list of what pretty much everyone wanted in his replacement.

We wanted someone from the O side of the ball.  With NFL HC exp.  Preferably going onto his 2nd job.  Someone innovative and aggressive in their play calling.  Tough, hard ass who takes no shlt from players.

We get it and people complain, cry and whine that they're not going to be Jets fans any longer.

You cant make this shlt up

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Its pretty amazing.  We wanted Bowles out for so many valid reasons.  We had a list of what pretty much everyone wanted in his replacement.

We wanted someone from the O side of the ball.  With NFL HC exp.  Preferably going onto his 2nd job.  Someone innovative and aggressive in their play calling.  Tough, hard ass who takes no shlt from players.

We get it and people complain, cry and whine that they're not going to be Jets fans any longer.

You cant make this shlt up

1- Gase was fired by our rivals so it feeds into Jets fans insecurities

2- McCarthy won a SB 10 years ago which would make insecure Jets fans feel better about themselves today. 

That's all this is about. 

32 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You think it is comparable to immediately hire a guy who just got fired for failures, and eventually hiring guys 5 and 16 years later respectively?

If they learn from their mistakes, from their 1st job, yes.

If not, no amount of time will change anything.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

1- Gase was fired by our rivals so it feeds into Jets fans insecurities

2- McCarthy won a SB 10 years ago which would make insecure Jets fans feel better about themselves today. 

That's all this is about. 

Actually what I think its all about is

Too many sort of equal level candidates, no real run away, have to have guy to target.  Fan favorites were all over the map.  Kingsbury?  Ruhl? McCarthy?  Complete opposites.  The list was long.  Nowhere near a consensus so no matter who we hired the majority were going to be disappointed.  After all the time most spent voicing who they wanted picking someone was going to cause a backlash.  Especially now that the internet has made everyone a more than capable GM, much smarter than the people who actually sat down and interviewed  

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, that Bellichick dude was bad in Cleveland, no way you would want that guy coaching your team? Also that Pete Carroll loser was canned after 1 year with the Jets, He isn't going anywhere. But definitely give me Jeff Fisher because was so good in Tennessee!

Sound logic. 

Oh, so Gase is Belichick now.  Just like we hear every year about how Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. 

Just because anything CAN happen in this league doesn't mean it WILL happen.

For every coach that failed at his first stop and went on to succeed, there's at least 50 that either never got hired as a HC again OR failed at his 2nd stop.  Among those examples are Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, and Rex Ryan.  Gase might not be as bad as those guys, but the odds of him having success here are firmly against him. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No, but that isn't really the debate. I have never said Gase was a great, no brainer hire. I never said he was the best candidate. I am only debating with those foolish enough to think that McCarthy was a significantly better hire. You know, the guy that was also just fired because they didn't much care for his coaching abilities. 

Think of it this way, if the Packers/their fans/Rodgers were happy to see McCarthy go, what do you think we would have thought about him in 2 years when he wasn't the one that brought us a Super Bowl? 

Fair enough about McCarthy, I'm not fighting a battle in his favor.  Just pointing out that the Gase comparisons to Belichick and Carroll are totally unfounded.  I certainly can't blame anyone for desperately wanting this to work out for the Jets, we've had enough misery with this team, but there's little nothing to suggest there's any great learning that has happened for Gase in the past week.  If anything, his hire falls much more closely in line with recent Jets' favorites of KC hiring Herm, the Browns hiring Mangini, and the Bills hiring Rex, and we saw how those all went.  I really, really hope to be wrong about him, but I've unfortunately yet to see a single thing to convince me of that.

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If they learn from their mistakes, from their 1st job, yes.

If not, no amount of time will change anything.

If you find it reasonable for a person to learn as much in one week as in 16 years, I'm very curious to know your educational background, because that must be some revolutionary stuff.

13 hours ago, peebag said:

We just hired the failed head coach of a divisional rival whose team failure over the past 20 years is worse than the Jets.  How else should we take it?  Specifics please...

well..

giphy-downsized-large.gif

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, so Gase is Belichick now.  Just like we hear every year about how Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. 

Just because anything CAN happen in this league doesn't mean it WILL happen.

For every coach that failed at his first stop and went on to succeed, there's at least 50 that either never got hired as a HC again OR failed at his 2nd stop.  Among those examples are Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, and Rex Ryan.  Gase might not be as bad as those guys, but the odds of him having success here are firmly against him. 

Not only that, is there one single example of a failed first-time coach, and successful second (or even third) time coach, who had absolutely no time in between those head-coaching positions?  I can't think of one single such example, and I'm pretty sure none exists.  Every instance of that happening I can think of was an abject failure.  Meanwhile, all examples I have seen used so far for future success has had extended periods of time between their failures and successes.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Not only that, is there one single example of a failed first-time coach, and successful second (or even third) time coach, who had absolutely no time in between those head-coaching positions?  I can't think of one single such example, and I'm pretty sure none exists.  Every instance of that happening I can think of was an abject failure.  Meanwhile, all examples I have seen used so far for future success has had extended periods of time between their failures and successes. 

Gase needed to return to being an OC for a while.  I'd have loved to have him here in that role, in fact.

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

If you find it reasonable for a person to learn as much in one week as in 16 years, I'm very curious to know your educational background, because that must be some revolutionary stuff.

I find it unreasonable to think that you learn more with more time removed.  Especially since I assume youre talking about Carrol who didnt actually sit around for 16 years, he went right back into coaching.  

Now the best part.  Youre still walking around like your opinion is worth anything.  As if what you say is gospel and others opinions need to be validated with their educational background.  Who the F do you think you are?  What is your  educational background that not only makes you right, makes you so arrogant to think you are.  Some of you are totally delusional.  Dont like my opinion or others opinions?  Get off a public message board 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase needed to return to being an OC for a while.  I'd have loved to have him here in that role, in fact.

Ah quit your bitching. It's playoff or bust for the chad pennington look a like and the coffee guzzling neanderthal. 

Getting Mac out of here is priority #1 and this will accomplish that if they don't win quickly. Either way Jets fans win

42 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Fair enough about McCarthy, I'm not fighting a battle in his favor.  Just pointing out that the Gase comparisons to Belichick and Carroll are totally unfounded.  I certainly can't blame anyone for desperately wanting this to work out for the Jets, we've had enough misery with this team, but there's little nothing to suggest there's any great learning that has happened for Gase in the past week.  If anything, his hire falls much more closely in line with recent Jets' favorites of KC hiring Herm, the Browns hiring Mangini, and the Bills hiring Rex, and we saw how those all went.  I really, really hope to be wrong about him, but I've unfortunately yet to see a single thing to convince me of that.

My only point is that you can find positives/negatives in all of these guys. The main positive for McCarthy is his past, mainly what happened 10 years ago. or 4 years ago. The last couple of years in Green Bay were not good and everyone wanted him gone. 

When he was fired, there was no uproar from anyone in Green Bay. That is my only point. 
Gase may very well suck. So may Kingsbury and Kitchens and LaFleur. No one knows. 
What I do know is that the insecure fanbase that were DEMANDING McCarthy don't know what they were talking about. If he was so good, the Packers never would have canned him mid-season. That doesn't often happen to well respected SB winning coaches. 

23 minutes ago, DLJ said:

All because they didn’t hire a burnout who hasn’t won sh*t in a decade with the best QB in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No. Because they hired someone players hate, that trades away players he doesn’t like and can’t win on top of having a terrible offense and OC. It has nothing to do with McC

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I find it unreasonable to think that you learn more with more time removed.  Especially since I assume youre talking about Carrol who didnt actually sit around for 16 years, he went right back into coaching.  

Now the best part.  Youre still walking around like your opinion is worth anything.  As if what you say is gospel and others opinions need to be validated with their educational background.  Who the F do you think you are?  What is your  educational background that not only makes you right, makes you so arrogant to think you are.  Some of you are totally delusional.  Dont like my opinion or others opinions?  Get off a public message board 

He didn't sit around for 16 years, he went and got lots of experience elsewhere to learn on for many, many years before finally being a successful head coach in the NFL.  That's quite literally the entire point.  What is so difficult to comprehend about this completely fact-based reality?

To be clear, it's a message board, with the sharing of opinions quite literally the entire point.  Yet here you are, throwing a little temper tantrum that anyone would dare to do that.  Your entire statement could not be more completely hypocritical, as you are literally in the midst of being the absolute worst example of the thing of which you are accusing others.

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

My only point is that you can find positives/negatives in all of these guys. The main positive for McCarthy is his past, mainly what happened 10 years ago. or 4 years ago. The last couple of years in Green Bay were not good and everyone wanted him gone. 

When he was fired, there was no uproar from anyone in Green Bay. That is my only point. 
Gase may very well suck. So may Kingsbury and Kitchens and LaFleur. No one knows. 
What I do know is that the insecure fanbase that were DEMANDING McCarthy don't know what they were talking about. If he was so good, the Packers never would have canned him mid-season. That doesn't often happen to well respected SB winning coaches. 

I get what you're saying, and I agree with the whole positives/negatives angle.  I admit every candidate they looked at was far from a guarantee for success, including McCarthy.  I also happen to believe that there is no greater certainty of failure than an already known failure in Gase.  I could very well end up being wrong (please, please let that be so), but I can tell you that Gase was dead last on the list of candidates for me the entire time, even beneath the majorly questionable college types.  That gives very little reason for optimism for me, unfortunately.

I'm fairly certain those in favor of McCarthy really just wanted something positive to point to on the head-coaching resume, regardless of how likely it would or would not be to happen again.

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He didn't sit around for 16 years, he went and got lots of experience elsewhere to learn on for many, many years before finally being a successful head coach in the NFL.  That's quite literally the entire point.  What is so difficult to comprehend about this completely fact-based reality?

To be clear, it's a message board, with the sharing of opinions quite literally the entire point.  Yet here you are, throwing a little temper tantrum that anyone would dare to do that.  Your entire statement could not be more completely hypocritical, as you are literally in the midst of being the absolute worst example of the thing of which you are accusing others.

Temper tantrum? Is that what you call it when someone keeps telling you over and over to calm down, that we're all entitled to our opinions, that youres isnt the only one that counts and that you need to get off of the idea that you have proof your opinion is factual?  You have issue with my repeated attempts to get it through to you that I was ok with more than one of the candidates, that not one of them to me was a slam dunk.  Thats not flexible enough to you, you need agreement apparently OK

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well the good thing is that, as you told me a couple of weeks ago, youre not really a Jets fan, you just like the banter on the board.  Doesnt make a difference what side of the ledger youre on.

Youre clearly on the "if they dont make the moves I want, screw them" side.  Hopefully the Gase hiring flushes all of you out, who cares

I’m literally the worst 

No. Because they hired someone players hate, that trades away players he doesn’t like and can’t win on top of having a terrible offense and OC. It has nothing to do with McC

Good thing he doesn’t have personnel power in NY like he did in Miami

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Temper tantrum? Is that what you call it when someone keeps telling you over and over to calm down, that we're all entitled to our opinions, that youres isnt the only one that counts and that you need to get off of the idea that you have proof your opinion is factual?  You have issue with my repeated attempts to get it through to you that I was ok with more than one of the candidates, that not one of them to me was a slam dunk.  Thats not flexible enough to you, you need agreement apparently OK

The contribution you've made is trying to tell everyone that they don't know anything, strictly because you say so, and provide not a single rational thought about the topic at hand.  I'm simply pointing to the endless number of holes that exist in your position, and those holes are based on real-life facts surrounding the Jets circumstances.  You haven't provided an actual argument on the topic, but rather only try to go after people who dare not to concede to you, for no reason other than your insistence that they do so.

Bottom line, Gase's track record to date is terrible.  The comparison to Belichick and Carroll is without any merit whatsoever, as the circumstances contain no similarities whatsoever.  If that's the best you've got, then you've got nothing at all.  Of course, you very conveniently immediately ran away from that baseless position you took, and are now trying to make this a personal issue to cover that up, because you cannot provide any logic to support your faulty case in the least.

Archived