Offensive Coordinator Dowell Loggains

Rhg1084

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,

Gase will run the O and Call the plays with his OC just handling the duties he doesn't have time for. Good thing with Gase is now he will focus on that duty I mentioned and being the HC and not with the additional personnel duties he had in Miami. Guys who do both HC and GM work have to be elderstatesmen like Parcells, Holmgren, Shanahan, etc. That's your only chances when you have that much overall experience. HCs with only a few years and much less than a decade of experience usually struggle mightily handling that many duties.

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Regardless of who has what responsibilities on the offense, it is ultimately the same one-two punch that just finished failing on offense in Miami, so it's hardly unreasonable to not want to see the repetition of past mistakes.

Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill, and Brock Osweiler. Had a winning record with Ryan Tannehill which demonstrates that he can squeeze water out of a rock. 

13 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill, and Brock Osweiler. Had a winning record with Ryan Tannehill which demonstrates that he can squeeze water out of a rock. 

The Jets had a better offense with Fitzpatrick than the Dolphins had at any point during their run there, and very similar output with the likes of Geno, Petty, and McCown.  I don't disagree that it was poor QB talent, but they were far from the only (or worst) ones with that when pumping out an offense regularly dwelling at the bottom of the league in terms of output.  Sure, there's a chance that we could see seriously improved output from them, but the point still stands there is little reason for optimism about the history of offenses with these two together, based on the available evidence.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:39 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Gase brings his OC from Miami up with him to NY. 

I still haven't seen this made official, unless I'm just not seeing it.

Only thing that comes up for me is that he interviewed in Miami today for their HC position.

I can't imagine he agrees to an OC gig here until he's 100% sure he's out of contention in Miami.

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I still haven't seen this made official, unless I'm just not seeing it.

Only thing that comes up for me is that he interviewed in Miami today for their HC position.

I can't imagine he agrees to an OC gig here until he's 100% sure he's out of contention in Miami.

something tells he’s going to come up a little short

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

If he is still under contract with the Dolphins, he cannot come to us to be OC (lateral move).

Do we know if he is still under contract with Miami (I hope he is)?

He's still under contract the same way that our assistant coaches are still under contract. A lot of them will inevitably go once the new coach brings his own guys in.

I did wonder if the Phish are just messing with Gase and the Jets with the Loggains HC interview and suggestion he might stay on as OC. They don't want to make it easy for Gase to bring the guys he wants to NY.

At the end of the day, I expect Flores (or whoever the Phish sign as HC) to bring in his own OC and Loggains will then become available to Gase. Might have to wait a while though, depending on playoff results.

Archived