Joe Beningo

Jets723

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved his 2008 rant....Here is some highlights

About Mangini-   "a pop Warner coach would know more than this absolute buffoon idiot.....Eric have another burger"

About Favre-  "As for the QB goodbye,you're done, stick a fork in him, go back to Mississippi and go fly fishing with Mike Holmgren for the rest of your life"

Ty Law-  "If he had a Patriots jersey on he would of caught the ball with his feet"  lol

Tomorrow should have some great quotes

16 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Holy Crap that should be a fun listen tomorrow.  The guy he hated the most gets hired..he is gonna go bananas.  It may top his rant from 2008 when Mangini choked.  

Excellent. He is your typical loser Jets fan. 

I don't listen to him but I'm sure he's part of the mouth breathing fan base that wanted the guy no other team hired.

49 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I loved his 2008 rant....Here is some highlights

About Mangini-   "a pop Warner coach would know more than this absolute buffoon idiot.....Eric have another burger"

About Favre-  "As for the QB goodbye,you're done, stick a fork in him, go back to Mississippi and go fly fishing with Mike Holmgren for the rest of your life"

Ty Law-  "If he had a Patriots jersey on he would of caught the ball with his feet"  lol

Tomorrow should have some great quotes

And then Favre went out and lead the Vikings to the NFC Championship game the following year.

Beningo is good for radio, but don't ever ask that guy to solve a 7th grade math problem.  He'd be in over his head.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

And then Favre went out and lead the Vikings to the NFC Championship game the following year.

Beningo is good for radio, but don't ever give ask that guy to solve a 7th grade math problem.  He'd be in over his head.

Yeah but it was funny. However his Ty Law thing was probably true. 

Isn't Joe Benigno the guy who wanted Doug Marrone in 2015? You know the Doug Marrone who had a losing record of 15-17, after two season with the Bills, and never made the playoffs. But Doug Marrone did own the Jets with a 3-1 record against those Rex Ryan teams. I believe it was Joe last year during the playoffs, who went on and on about Doug Marrone being the great white whale the Jets missed out on as a head coach, which of course was all Manish Mehta's fault. The Jags went 5-11 this past season, so it's not so en vogue to long for Marrone as the one who "got away" anymore.

Now in 2019 Joe Benigno is allegedyl hating on the Adam Gase hire because he didn't get the guy he wanted, Mike McCarthy? Remember, I was as pro Mike McCarthy as anyone on this site. He was the top candidate in my eyes, but I have absolutely know problem with hiring Adam Gase. Let's compare the two ex-AFC East coaches.

Adam Gase went 23-25 after three seasons in Miami, good for a winning percentage of 47.92%. Doug Marrone was also two games under 500 with a record of 15-17, good for a winning percentage of 46.88%. Both had roughly the same winning percentage, but since we are comparing Gase's winning percentage is 1.04% better than Marrone's. Adam Gase had a 5-1 record versus the Jets, sweeping them twice. Marrone was 3-1 versus the Jets, sweeping them once. Gase beat the Jets 8.33% more than Marrone did. Gase got the Dolphins to the playoffs in his first year as head coach, which ended an 8 year playoff drought for the Dolphins, so it's not like he came to a playoff ready team. Marrone never made the playoff in Buffalo.

Doug Marrone and Adam Gase are in a lot of ways similar ex-AFC East head coaches as far as success rate is concerned. Biggest difference in my eyes, is Gase's age. He's roughly 14 years younger than Marrone, and in my honest opinion has a higher ceiling than Doug Marrone. Gase and Darnold together can create something just as good if not better than McVay and Goff have going on in Los Angeles. I'm personally glad we got Adam Gase. A year from now, when we are in the playoffs, I can't wait to tune into Joe Benigno.

I used to listen to Beningo in the car when I was working overnights 20 years ago ...his rants back then were real and passionate, great radio back in the day . He’s old and tired and honestly not into it as much as he used to be , I rarely listen now but I did tune in today and his “ rants “ now are forced, fake and incoherent, he’s 70 and not very healthy I don’t even think he cares anymore . 

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

These guys are morons. Holy crap

Yoyos.  Joe's depth of sports knowledge can be measured in millimeters.  As for Evan, he quotes the negatives from an article, but the general content of the article contained a positive opinion of Gase.

I remember Beningo back in the days when the Jets hired Parcells and Belichick and had their little dance around with the promise of Belichick becoming the HC after Parcells steps down and his rant how we're idiots for signing Belichich, how hes the worst HC ever, how he was an absolute nightmare in Cleveland, was going to take the Jets down with him

This is all a good sign

11 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Holy Crap that should be a fun listen tomorrow.  The guy he hated the most gets hired..he is gonna go bananas.  It may top his rant from 2008 when Mangini choked.  

why does anyone care what this whiny, Connecticut School of Broadcasting neanderthal thinks?  All he does is whine and complain.  You don't do that on the radio. That's reserved for this forum!   Never any shred of logic to his rants.  He's a doofus.

11 hours ago, slats said:

I haven’t listened to sports radio since I was waiting for the Jets to sign Neil O’Donnell. I don’t miss it. Turns out, I like music. 

Serius NFL network is awesome. Love all the hosts.  Nothing like the stupid WFAN or ESPN-NY, which both suck balls and are mostly a waste of time.   You are missing out.  It's always very good.  My favorite is the Moving the Chains show, but Late Hits and anything with Gil Brandt and Marvez is always an educational and fun listen.  I even enjoy listening to the ascerbic Bill Polian (Late Hits).  He is highly opinionated and speaks his mind...  even though I often don't agree with him, he is a good listen.

Archived