Gase coaching career - QB stats

ljr

Trying to numb the pain ... decided to try and trace the QB's he's had, as well as some of their basic stats.  I tried to notate his coaching position at each time, so you can decide how much credit he deserves.  These are not offense as a whole numbers, just his QB's and their numbers.

hope this copy/paste's well

Detroit Lions

2007, Mike Martz (OC), Gase (QB Coach)

Jon Kitna, 7-9, 355 of 561 attempts, 63% completions, 4068 yards. 18 td, 20 int

---

San Francisco 49ers

2008,  Mike Martz (OC) Gase (offensive assistant coach)

2 QB’s – 8 starts each

Shaun Hill, 5-3, 181 of 288, 62% completions, 2046yards, 13 tds, 8 ints

J.T. O’Sullivan, 2-6, 128 of 220, 58% completion %, 1678 yards, 8 tds, 11 int

---

Denver Broncos

John Fox (HC), Gase (OC)

2013 peyton manning, 13-3, 450 of 659, 68% comp, 5477 yards, 55 td, 10 int

2014 peyton manning, 12-4, 395 of 597, 66% comp, 4727 yards, 39 td, 15 int

---

Chicago Bears

John Fox (HC), Gase (OC)

2015 Jay Cutler, 6-9, 311 of 483, 64% comp, 3659 yards, 21td, 11 int

---

Miami Dolphins – Gase (HC)

Ryan Tannehill (13 games) 8-5, 261-389, 67% comp, 2995 yds, 19td, 12int

Matt Moore (3 games) 2-1, 55-87, 63% comp, 721 yds, 8td, 3 int

Jay Cutler (14 games) 6-8, 266-429, 62%, 2666yds, 19td, 14int

Matt Moore (2 games)0-2, 78-127,61%, 861yds, 4td, 5int

Ryan Tannehill (11 games) 5-6, 176-274, 64%, 1979yds, 17td, 9 int

Brock Osweiler (5 games) 2-3, 113-178, 63%, 1247yds, 6td, 4int

I'm starting to actually feel bad for the guy.  Outside of two years with Peyton Manning he's really had a bag of dicks to work with at QB.  Jay Cutler is probably 2nd best.  JT O'Sullivan, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Shaun Hill???  We really should have brought him in during the Sanchez and Geno Smith days.  He would have felt more at home. lol

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm starting to actually feel bad for the guy.  Outside of two years with Peyton Manning he's really had a bag of dicks to work with at QB.  Jay Cutler is probably 2nd best.  JT O'Sullivan, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Shaun Hill???  We really should have brought him in during the Sanchez and Geno Smith days.  He would have felt more at home. lol

Yeah, he's had brutal QBs and pretty bad offenses overall, tbh. 

I still wouldn't have hired him because I think he needed time to reflect on what went wrong in Miami, but I am really looking forward to seeing where Sam can go from here. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, he's had brutal QBs and pretty bad offenses overall, tbh. 

I still wouldn't have hired him because I think he needed time to reflect on what went wrong in Miami, but I am really looking forward to see where Sam can go from here. 

1. I think I would have preferred Monken.

2. Agree with the reflecting part.  Gase should have taken a year off.

3. I may not be sure about Gase but 100% behind him.  He's our coach, like him or not.  We're in win mode now, no more tanking.

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Granted, but that also points to the fact that there is literally no evidence that suggests he has any ability to coach up a QB as some would like to suggest.  Rather, it's just a matter of a long-established great in Manning, and a bunch of bums we won't blame him for.

Gase as an OC -- is fine. I don't personally dislike the guy, he's had one sh*t hand after another.

As a HC... i dunno. 

The reasons we lost Rhule... 

I need to just let it go. Like all things Jets, i should always know, too good to be true.

If he’s as bad as everyone says then he will get axed real quick like. I don’t think Gase is a likeable statue like Bowles. Gase is the kind of guy that rubs people wrong - so if he wins then it’s all good but if he loses he doesn’t stand a chance. He will be gone real real quick like after 1 season. He’s on the hot seat already. 

So, he’s had sh*t QBs and only had success with Manning. So what? He’s supposed to be a QB guru. Bowles Sr. Jim Caldwell has a better record with QBs than Gase does.

His own players despised him. I would say I don’t understand this at all, but I do. Gase is a snake and he was able to seduce our gullible management in his interview. He knows the right things to say to convince a room full of dumbasses that he’s something that he’s not. At least until he starts yelling at them and telling them to **** off.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Broncos set a new scoring record with Gase and Manning in 2013. It’s not like the guy is total crap. 

It's possible he was a good OC (although that's not well supported by the evidence of miserable offenses in every season he wasn't working with an all-timer who's famous for calling his own plays at the line), but that doesn't make him a good head coach.  It also doesn't mean he can develop a QB, because he's literally never done that.

Archived