Jump to content

Enunwa can be our Jarvis Landry


The Troll

Recommended Posts

I hate this hire as much as anyone and I’m definitely not done complaining about it, but **** it. It’s time we look at Gase’s offense and see what pieces we have that fit.
 
Integrating Quincy into the Landry role is actually the first thought I’ve had all night that excites me, so here’s a thread for it. Enunwa has shown flashes of being a productive slot machine when he can stay on the field. Landry was a 100 catch a year Pro Bowl receiver when playing the same role in Gase’s offense. The corpse of Wes Walker was also productive in this role. So, if nothing else, I think this hire will completely justify Enunwa’s extension. Don’t forget to draft him in the double digit rounds of PPR so you’ll have something to cheer for when watching this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gase orchestrated the removal of Landry from the Dolphins.  Oh the ironing.
sure hope you're right.  At least Gase has a good offensive mind.  


Because he’s an arrogant prick that thought he could replace him with Amendola and Albert Wilson. The role still exists in his offense and Quincy isn’t going anywhere.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Gase orchestrated the removal of Landry from the Dolphins.  Oh the ironing.

sure hope you're right.  At least Gase has a good offensive mind.  

The ironing and the folding. ****!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I hate this hire as much as anyone and I’m definitely not done complaining about it, but **** it. It’s time we look at Gase’s offense and see what pieces we have that fit.
 
Integrating Quincy into the Landry role is actually the first thought I’ve had all night that excites me, so here’s a thread for it. Enunwa has shown flashes of being a productive slot machine when he can stay on the field. Landry was a 100 catch a year Pro Bowl receiver when playing the same role in Gase’s offense. The corpse of Wes Walker was also productive in this role. So, if nothing else, I think this hire will completely justify Enunwa’s extension. Don’t forget to draft him in the double digit rounds of PPR so you’ll have something to cheer for when watching this team.

I gotta admit I don’t see these players as similar. Maybe Burnett?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gotta admit I don’t see these players as similar. Maybe Burnett?

 

They play the same position. Both are excellent at getting open in the short and intermediate areas of the field and both are highly capable of making plays with RAC.

 

I see Gase as a great fit for Enunwa. The rest of the team, not as much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Troll said:

I hate this hire as much as anyone and I’m definitely not done complaining about it, but **** it. It’s time we look at Gase’s offense and see what pieces we have that fit.
 
Integrating Quincy into the Landry role is actually the first thought I’ve had all night that excites me, so here’s a thread for it. Enunwa has shown flashes of being a productive slot machine when he can stay on the field. Landry was a 100 catch a year Pro Bowl receiver when playing the same role in Gase’s offense. The corpse of Wes Walker was also productive in this role. So, if nothing else, I think this hire will completely justify Enunwa’s extension. Don’t forget to draft him in the double digit rounds of PPR so you’ll have something to cheer for when watching this team.

Until Gase and Enunwa can’t get along and he sends him to another team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Gase orchestrated the removal of Landry from the Dolphins.  Oh the ironing.

sure hope you're right.  At least Gase has a good offensive mind.  

Yep that’s what I thought the thread headline meant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Personally, I've never seen a coach improve in the NFL at his 2nd stint. If you fail at one job, it's clear that you will fail anywhere you go, it's Jetnation science.

That list is longer than the list of successful Jets HCs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Troll said:

I hate this hire as much as anyone and I’m definitely not done complaining about it, but **** it. It’s time we look at Gase’s offense and see what pieces we have that fit.
 
Integrating Quincy into the Landry role is actually the first thought I’ve had all night that excites me, so here’s a thread for it. Enunwa has shown flashes of being a productive slot machine when he can stay on the field. Landry was a 100 catch a year Pro Bowl receiver when playing the same role in Gase’s offense. The corpse of Wes Walker was also productive in this role. So, if nothing else, I think this hire will completely justify Enunwa’s extension. Don’t forget to draft him in the double digit rounds of PPR so you’ll have something to cheer for when watching this team.

I honestly believe that Q is partially responsible for his injuries.  He reminds me of Earl Campbell, out there looking for people to hit.  He has great hands and good speed and iw ish he would lighten up ---just a bit.  Stay on  he field, son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Troll said:

 


Because he’s an arrogant prick that thought he could replace him with Amendola and Albert Wilson. The role still exists in his offense and Quincy isn’t going anywhere.

 

Except to the bench with an injury. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just jokes.... I wish we had Landry though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

"Once Adam Gase can get a QB and a good slot receiver that can stay healthy, boy look out!"

Everyone's got excuses loaded up for Adam Gase already. 

he's great when Tannehill was healthy blah blah blah 

meanwhile no one seemed to give a rats ass Bowles had the worst QBs ever, even this year Darnold was a turnover machine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Everyone's got excuses loaded up for Adam Gase already. 

he's great when Tannehill was healthy blah blah blah 

meanwhile no one seemed to give a rats ass Bowles had the worst QBs ever, even this year Darnold was a turnover machine. 

Gase tries to implement a competent offense. When the Jets tried that under Bowles ( cough Morton cough) it was quickly shutdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No way the Jets aren't paying three HC's 


Did we sign Bowles to a 100 year contract? Surely, he’s off the books after this year.

Basically, if year one is a complete disaster, Mac is gone and good luck finding a GM that wants to hitch himself to Gase. If Mac goes, it’s likely Gase follows him out the door.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Troll said:

 


Did we sign Bowles to a 100 year contract? Surely, he’s off the books after this year.

Basically, if year one is a complete disaster, Mac is gone and good luck finding a GM that wants to hitch himself to Gase. If Mac goes, it’s likely Gase follows him out the door.

 

I thought he had 2 years left on his contract 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...