Discussion on How it Went down from Good Morning Football

Jetstream

3 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Sounds like maybe they wanted KK, but Arizona acted faster than them?  If so, that's pretty sad...  That seems like a recurring theme with them, that they're so "careful", aka indecisive and slow...

That's one I'm glad we "lost". I think KK is going to be severely overmatched as an NFL HC.

4 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Sounds like maybe they wanted KK, but Arizona acted faster than them?  If so, that's pretty sad...  That seems like a recurring theme with them, that they're so "careful", aka indecisive and slow...

I think they wanted KK to be an OC for one of the other 1st time NFL HCs.  I read in several places that KK's preferred landing spot (as HC) was the NY Jets but the Jets didn't think he was ready.  (correctly so, IMO)

Just now, mrcoops said:

That's one I'm glad we "lost". I think KK is going to be severely overmatched as a HC.

Possibly, but he's also very open to having a lot of his staff chosen for him.  The DC search is being done by GM Steve Kiem.  They're also likely to have an Assistant HC title with that in the hopes of bringing someone very experienced onboard like a Pagano or Gregg Williams.  I'm not sure that the Jets can compete with that in terms of giving a guy the Assistant HC title right away.  Gase may be weary of having someone looking over his shoulder ready to take his job....especially if he doesn't have an existing relationship with the guy.

46 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

That's one I'm glad we "lost". I think KK is going to be severely overmatched as an NFL HC.

Especially with Pete Carrol, Kyle Shanahan and McVay in your division! 

Garrapolo, Wilson and Goff vs. Rosen

6 games/yr. against these teams....... I give him 2 years before they move on to another HC

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

No one knows that, pure guesswork.  Its also been reported that they didnt think he was ready for an NFL HC gig, they may have been interested in him as a OC and wanted to pick his brain

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

What if they take  Kyler Murray at 1 and trade Rosen?

That changes little in my opinion. I would love for taht to happen however. That would move Bosa closer to our pick!

Doesn't change the fact that KK will have a difficult time in that division IMO. With or without Murray.

I am feeling ok about this if two things happen:

• The Jets hire a real DC who cost real money and could theoretically replace Gase if he has a breakdown of whatever form.
  • The Jets concluded from a football perspective that the combination of young guy Gase and this DC were going to put a better football product on the field than McCarthy.

If the Jets cannot hire a real DC, or it is clear that the only reason they did not hire McCarthy was because of his cost and/or threat to Mac, I will be very disappointed.  

Archived