Benigno rips Johnsons "Horrific...Disaster."

DonCorleone

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/01/after-jets-hire-adam-gase-wfans-joe-benigno-rips-christopher-johnson-for-being-horrific-owner.html

Joe Benigno probably won’t be getting a Christmas card from Christopher Johnson.

Benigno — a longtime Jets fan who hosts WFAN’s midday show with Evan Roberts (also a Jets fan) — slammed the Jets' acting owner Thursday for hiring Adam Gase as head coach.

The Dolphins just fired Gase after three seasons. Benigno and Roberts hoped the Jets would hire just-fired Packers coach Mike McCarthy. But they got Gase instead. And they’re not happy about it.

“They’re an inept organization," Benigno said. “Let’s be honest about it. There’s no other way to say it: The ownership of this team is a disaster. They’re a disaster. It’s the same old, same old, same old.

“What this team needs is a new owner, because the owners are horrific. They had a terrible owner for years with Leon Hess. They have terrible ownership now with the Johnson brothers. And that’s the problem with this franchise. They listen to the wrong people. That’s the problem with this franchise — the owners. They’re a joke.”

Benigno said he hopes Gase eventually proves him wrong.

“But the history of this franchise tells me that Adam Gase is going to be here three, maybe four years, maybe even less than that, and he’s going to be gone,” Benigno said. "And [general manager] Mike Maccagnan is going to go right out the door with him if that’s the case. This team next year, there is no gray area. This has to be a nine-, 10-[win] — some kind of deal like that — team next year.

What Adam Gase must fix about Jets

“I want to come on here one day and say, ‘Boy, was I wrong about Adam Gase.’ But what tells me that I will? History tells you they got it wrong. That’s the bottom line. Why would I not think we would be right here in the same position, looking for a new coach? Except this time they’ll also be looking for a new general manager.”

Christopher Johnson is currently the Jets' acting owner because Woody Johnson is serving as the United States' ambassador to the United Kingdom. Christopher hired Gase while consulting with Maccagnan, who was hired jointly in 2015 along with coach Todd Bowles.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not happy because Gase sucks.  Has nothing to do with “history” and if that’s all this blow hard is yelling about, then who they hired doesn’t matter because history says he will suck.  Kind of takes away from his emo rant.  Honestly.  Dbag 

The 2 guys on WFAN whose opinions matter the most, Boomer Esiason and Bart Scott, are cautiously optimistic about the Gase/Darnold pairing, especially if he gets a good DC.  At the end of the day it's about nurturing Sam.

Benigno and Roberts are taking a loser mentality.  McCarthy has the history but I have eyes and that offense looked unimaginative as f*#$ the past few years.  Gase was the best thing about a circus in Miami.  Ross is a terrible owner and Tannenbaum has no idea what he's doing.  Tannehill didn't even take 50% of the snaps.  Those teams would have been 5-11 without him.

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The 2 guys on WFAN whose opinions matter the most, Boomer Esiason and Bart Scott, are cautiously optimistic about the Gase/Darnold pairing, especially if he gets a good DC.  At the end of the day it's about nurturing Sam.

Benigno and Roberts are taking a loser mentality.  McCarthy has the history but I have eyes and that offense looked unimaginative as f*#$ the past few years.  Gase was the best thing about a circus in Miami.  Ross is a terrible owner and Tannenbaum has no idea what he's doing.  Tannehill didn't even take 50% of the snaps.  Those teams would have been 5-11 without him.

So Gasey is coming into a real stable winning group here eh? What a disaster.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

He’s RIGHT!!

What the hell has Gase done when he didn’t have Payton Manning as the QB????

Nuts!

Got competent if not solid QB play from Cutler, Tannehill and Osweiller.  Darnold may not be Manning but he’s going to prove to be head and shoulders better than those other guys 

8 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

very well said.  Benigno complains if his ice cream is cold!

8 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

And Bart yesterday was not to excited about McCarthy...for what it's worth

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

He’s RIGHT!!

Nuts!

Not a fan of Gase.  Not a fan of any of the candidates really.  Just a crap sandwich all around.  While I'm at it, not a fan of Benigno either.  But I do like Sam Darnold.

10 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

boy I never realized what a bunch of whining dooshes most Jet fans are...

Let the guy get in the god damned building at least before we automatically declare it a disaster

Good lord

We are the way we are because the Jets made us this way

everyone with sense already left 

He’s RIGHT!!
Nuts!
Couldn't agree more and other than one game head to head the Jets beat themselves.

Like I said only intriguing thing about him, if true is he doesn't deal with BS..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

And Bart yesterday was not to excited about McCarthy...for what it's worth

Exactly!  I'll admit I wanted McCarthy.  The ONLY other option for me was Gase.  But yesterday when it was reported that McC only wanted the Jets job, I was very interested to hear what everyone on the radio thought.  Man, Stephen A, Bart and Maggie (Carlin was trying to say some positives about McC and they shot down EVERY single one!) and others were all saying bad things about McC.  I figured "here we go again".  I mean the Jets could win the SB and I feel like the media would spin it: "yeah weeeeellllll the other team made stupid mistakes and the Jets got lucky".

So now, I'm starting to get a little down on McC, I start hearing that Rhule is the front runner (who I did NOT want at all) and then BAM!  It's Gase.  And now listening, I hear Stephen A again not happy with this pick.  as we all know Joe and Evan not happy, now Carlin is "confused", Maggie not happy, and Bart just seems like someone stole his taco.

I mean who did everyone want?  Did they think Cowher was coming out of retirement?  You (the Jets)  just can't please anyone it seems, and I for one am sick of it.  He's going to be our coach, and I am willing to give him a chance.  let's see how it goes before killing this decision.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ok now I feel better. If Stephen A is against it Gase will be a homerun. He doesn’t even watch the games. I actually feel bad because I like him but ESPN is overworking him. Was rattling off injured Chargers and fell asleep on air during the UFC recap. Hard to keep up with so much

Benigno is a Fŭçking MORON who's only life accomplishment is graduating from the CT school of Broadcasting in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ so he can rant like an idiot on WFAN about his own misery and project that onto the team and its fanbase. That CLOWN does NOT represent your average NY Jets fan and the sooner his ilk of SOJF DIE OFF, the better the team culture in the media will be. 

Gase is a SMART Hire that will pay dividends within 3 years: Playoffs and 1 Division Title by 2021, I'm CALLING IT NOW!

22 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

boy I never realized what a bunch of whining dooshes most Jet fans are...

Let the guy get in the god damned building at least before we automatically declare it a disaster

Good lord

“Let’s at least see Hack play before judging him.”

”Let’s see Geno with weapons.”

“We have to give Wilk big money and not Snacks.”

”We can’t pre judge a draft class before they even get on the field.”

I’m getting real tired of having to wait and see the painfully obvious. 

Archived