Benigno rips Johnsons "Horrific...Disaster."

DonCorleone

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

broken clocks are right twice a day 

"Why would anyone bring in Jay Cutler anywhere?" is a darn good question

I think it’s because they lost their QB to injury and he was the only guy left on market who had familiarity with Gase, but I could be wrong but seems obvious to me. And the Jets are always wrong, so maybe our turn to be the correct broken clock

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

“Let’s at least see Hack play before judging him.”

”Let’s see Geno with weapons.”

“We have to give Wilk big money and not Snacks.”

”We can’t pre judge a draft class before they even get on the field.”

I’m getting real tired of having to wait and see the painfully obvious. 

Well, there are 31 OTHER TEAMS you can go root for in the NFL if you're just so surfeit with the "wait & see" approach which is true for ANY NEW Acquisition in ANY INDUSTRY in the world. 

8 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Ok now I feel better. If Stephen A is against it Gase will be a homerun. He doesn’t even watch the games. I actually feel bad because I like him but ESPN is overworking him. Was rattling off injured Chargers and fell asleep on air during the UFC recap. Hard to keep up with so much

That logic doesnt work well though. I remember folks saying "If Villian likes Mayfield then he's obviously a bust". 

Sometimes you can be wrong in past instances and have a point currently. Stephen A has a point here. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

I think it’s because they lost their QB to injury and he was the only guy left on market who had familiarity with Gase, but I could be wrong but seems obvious to me. And the Jets are always wrong, so maybe our turn to be the correct broken clock

yeah but again, it was Jay Cutler 

there are other QBs out there. what sort of human being says this Cutler guy who all of his teammates loathe and couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else, this is my kind of guy 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jets fans knew Kyle Brady sucked they didn't need to see his entire career play out to know Warren Sapp should have been the pick 

that's the frustrating part of the Jets it truly does feel like a monkey throwing darts could do better 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That logic doesnt work well though. I remember folks saying "If Villian likes Mayfield then he's obviously a bust". 

Sometimes you can be wrong in past instances and have a point currently. Stephen A has a point here. 

You’re right. Every coach had big question marks though so we’ll wait and see, McCarthy was my top choice but he isnt perfect either 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yeah but again, it was Jay Cutler 

there are other QBs out there. what sort of human being says this Cutler guy who all of his teammates loathe and couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else, this is my kind of guy 

Hopefully we are never in the situation to have to pull Cutler off his coach and him and Darnold work well together. None of us know what will happen so let’s hope 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know what you're talking about, but im going to stick to his comments on Adam Gase. 

Stephen A. was suspended for at least a month by ESPN(probably should have been canned) for defiantly defending Ray Rice years ago when he did what he did. To me ,that horrible lack of judgement makes me disqualify any opinions this guy has.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No one really cares that you are tired of waiting. There is no coach or collection of players that could ever guarantee success so until we win a Super Bowl it will always  be based on trust. 

Don't tell me that you were of the mindset that bringing in McCarthy was any form of gurantee that this team would do well. That would be pretty foolish. The last couple of years were a struggle for McCarthy and that was with Aaron Rodgers. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans knew Kyle Brady sucked they didn't need to see his entire career play out to know Warren Sapp should have been the pick 

that's the frustrating part of the Jets it truly does feel like a monkey throwing darts could do better 

Isn't that what Macc is?

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Stephen A. was suspended for at least a month by ESPN(probably should have been canned) for defiantly defending Ray Rice years ago when he did what he did. To me ,that horrible lack of judgement makes me disqualify any opinions this guy has.

dude's ego is wayyyy oputta wack... or at least thats the mask he wears...

cos if he was anywhere NEAR that in real life...  I dont see how he hasnt taken a serious beating

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Stephen A Smith

reverse racism 

cant stand that guy! Believes talking loud proves he’s smart

is he still defending Melo too!

jajajaja  so hilarious to hear him saying he aint got a fair shake and blah blah blah blah...

Brickmelo...  it just sux that the knicks have been so bad for, is 20 yrs now? holy phuk!

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No one really cares that you are tired of waiting. There is no coach or collection of players that could ever guarantee success so until we win a Super Bowl it will always  be based on trust. 

Don't tell me that you were of the mindset that bringing in McCarthy was any form of gurantee that this team would do well. That would be pretty foolish. The last couple of years were a struggle for McCarthy and that was with Aaron Rodgers. 

You don’t care and you replied anyway. How thoughtful of you. 

And no, I didn’t want McCarthy either. None of the candidates really enthralled me. I wanted an offensive mind that had continued success at either the college or pro level either as a head coach (college) or coordinator (NFL). Unfortunately, those guys don’t come available very often. None of the interviewed candidates were all that inspiring. 

55 minutes ago, section314 said:

Joe Benigno is an idiot. The only ones dumber are the people who actually care what he thinks.

He’s not wrong about this one. Everyone is too focused on Darnold’s “development.” Darnold is going to sink or swim on his own here. 

The Jets has a coach available who we know is capable of running an entire operation successfully for the most part. I didn’t think this was the time to get cute. A CEO person with full control was a bigger need than a mentor for Darnold, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’s not wrong about this one. Everyone is too focused on Darnold’s “development.” Darnold is going to sink or swim on his own here. 

The Jets has a coach available who we know is capable of running an entire operation successfully for the most part. I didn’t think this was the time to get cute. A CEO person with full control was a bigger need than a mentor for Darnold, IMO.

Totally agree with this. One thing I will always agree with Joe on is we are doomed until we have new ownership. That's a given.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I agree with your views. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Well, when it comes to domestic issues, it seems like he's not a guy you should consider listening to. But this is about Adam Gase being the HC of the Jets. 

But sometimes someone can turn you off so badly that you just cant consider anything they say on any topic. I can respect that. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, when it comes to domestic issues, it seems like he's not a guy you should consider listening two. But this is about Adam Gase being the HC of the Jets. 

But sometimes someone can turn you off so badly that you just cant consider anything they say on any topic. I can respect that. 

Tnx. You captured my sentiments perfectly in your last sentence. I respect you for saying it. Now, what's up with Glennon these days??

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tnx. You captured my sentiments perfectly in your last sentence. I respect you for saying it. Now, what's up with Glennon these days??

He looked better this year than "Mr. Mechanics" Josh Rosen. 

I wish they would have left him in the games, but with what little time he played, he executed. 

You look at his career numbers and the guy really isnt bad. He's just in crappy situations. Last year folks got on him for being terrible, and to a degree it was certainly warranted, let me not come off like it was just shade. But most of that was due to the fact that they had the worst receivers in the league. Can anyone even name a receiver the Bears had that was worth a damn last season? 

I've always said that I felt Glennon could be a middle of the pack, top 16 QB. I felt that given our jets situation at the time (Sanchez/Petty/Hack/Fitz/Geno) that getting Glennon was a move in the right direction. 

Im patiently waiting for him to get into a Nick Foles scenario :-)

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I have been following Joe B since he did overnights. I'm a rare Joe Beningo fan, and I care about his opinion, most of the time. My opinion is that he is going to be pleasantly surprised with Gase. If he goes into Gillette Stadium and beats B & B, he'll start to warm up. 

Most importantly, where is Ira From Staten Island on the Gase hiring?  Good Lord.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Well, there are 31 OTHER TEAMS you can go root for in the NFL if you're just so surfeit with the "wait & see" approach which is true for ANY NEW Acquisition in ANY INDUSTRY in the world. 

So the options are:

1) Never complain about bad decisions at the time they are made, or

2) Root for a new team.

Thanks for establishing the ground rules for us, real fans.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

boy I never realized what a bunch of whining dooshes most Jet fans are...

Let the guy get in the god damned building at least before we automatically declare it a disaster

Good lord

Agreed. I want to see who he brings in with him as well.  And Benigno is full of sh*t. He offers absolutely nothing substantial regarding his rant except that he wanted McCarthy. Empty drivel.

Archived