Colin Cowherd video "Adam Gase to the Jets is a really good hire"

Jetsbb

If you want to win the popularity contest, hire McCarthy.

If you want to win games, hire Gase.

That's the conviction the Jets had on this.  I respect that.  It could completely blow up but the Jets didn't take the easy path.  They're going to get ridiculed and constantly questioned about hiring Gase.  Could have played it safe and went McCarthy......Mike was standing at the alter waiting for Maccagnan to walk down the aisle.  Jets are taking a risk that they think is worth the pain of it not being popular.

9 hours ago, CTM said:

You had to enjoy the below at least, it's basically a statement of the fine work you've been doing here for years.

"And jets fans are clueless, I mean they're dopes. They don't know anything"

He's referring to the Joe Benigno faction of Jets fans that views this hiring as the coming of the apocalypse.  They indeed are dopes.

18 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

TRUTH and FACTS > “Not a sexy hire”

And no Gase isn’t perfect and wasn’t my top choice. But if we land a good DC, I think this will be a great hire.

What Colin said in no way supports Gase. 

He won with Tebow...no that defense won in spite of Tebow

He coached Peyton to his best year...no Peyton was always that good, that is what happens when Peyton has a defense to get him the ball back. He never had a defense like that in Indy.

The only nugget I'll give Colin credit for is clip is that I agree with hiring a former NFL head coach, but that's where it ends.

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

What Colin said in no way supports Gase. 

He won with Tebow...no that defense won in spite of Tebow

He coached Peyton to his best year...no Peyton was always that good, that is what happens when Peyton has a defense to get him the ball back. He never had a defense like that in Indy.

The only nugget I'll give Colin credit for is clip is that I agree with hiring a former NFL head coach, but that's where it ends.

I watched the video. He supported him the whole way through. Not sure what you saw and heard to be honest.

Colin is right about one thing.  Jet fans are total idiots.

He's right. For some that have followed this team for 50 years, luckily not myself and pay for PSL's, myself included to sit in midgets stadium to play in NJ, yeah he's probably right!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I watched the video. He supported him the whole way through. Not sure what you saw and heard to be honest.

Oo I know he was claiming to support him, my points were to counter all the points that Colin used as a positive to back Gase. I think the reasons Colin gave for why Gase is a good hire can be attributed to other factors, not the skill of Adam Gase.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Colin is right about one thing.  Jet fans are total idiots.

I think Jets fans are disillusioned at this point by wall the inept moves by the front office and bad player management. There is a reason to question this hire of a coach with a losing record. I hope he does well but the these are the same people who hired idzick and Bowles and we are supposed to be impressed with Gase? I ws talking to a few friends having a beer and there was an Eagle fan a Falcon fan (another yr like this and they are talking about firing their coach) and pats fan they all said the same the Gase? I know some fin fins (live in south Florida for 20+ yrs before moving) and they did not like him, I had two friends email me and told me they though he was over rated and would not listen to his staff. I hoped he learned but again you have to question the move when you have a coach that won a super bowl and has a winning record and would have brought credibility to the team versus a Gase

Archived