Francesa Says...

southtown24th

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying the Jets (and other teams) didn't like some of the things they heard (not bad/career threatening) coming out of Green Bay about McCarthy (relationships, game management, vision) that didn't jive with what they were looking for.

Said McCarthy will benefit sitting out a year so some of that stuff (not career threatening) will blow over.

Officially Gase got fired but he was smart enough to know that Miami has to go backwards before they can go forward and he wanted no part of it. Gase also knew there were gonna be 3 head coaching jobs out there with young stud QBs. Gase made some calculated moves and got what he wanted. Now just give us Jet fans what we want. A title!

I do think Gase can be a good coach but he needs to learn from his mistakes. As for Francesa he is a fan of Maccagnan(because he repaired the damaged relationship between the Jets and himself) so he think Maccagnan is gonna be successful despite the poor drafting ahd free agent signings

Just now, Nixhead said:

Officially Gase got fired but he was smart enough to know that Miami has to go backwards before they can go forward and he wanted no part of it. Gase also knew there were gonna be 3 head coaching jobs out there with young stud QBs. Gase made some calculated moves and got what he wanted. Now just give us Jet fans what we want. A title!

also gase's record at miami wasn't bad enough to sour other teams from considering him.   

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mike said this a few days ago and there was quote posted today on this forum that Ross basically told Gase that they were rebuilding (meaning they will want to tank) and Gase was not having any of it which lead to the firing. 
In other words, he wasn't fired because he was a bad head coach. 

it's hard to get afc east teams to playoffs b/c you're basically out of winning the division for the past 15 years.  

Just said he thinks Gase "has the makings of a good coach but has some self-destructive mechanisms that he needs to clean up" (referring to his personality and how he deals with people)

Still thinks he would have benefited from stepping back into an OC role for awhile before becoming a HC again.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Supposedly, Gase will have power over hiring his staff

I would like Gregg Williams or Vance Joseph as DC, and since Gase calls the plays get a solid QB coach. I would even say McCown might be a good candidate.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Supposedly, Gase will have power over hiring his staff

Of course

The only guy they were going to pull that with was Rhule, and I can’t say I blame them.

No way in f*ck you entrust the development of Darnold to some assistant coach of Rhule’s over at Baylor who has no NFL experience.

If all accurate he's giving some pretty good food for thought.

Gase forced himself out, certain insiders were leaking negative vibes about McCarthy (but nothing major that hurt him for this year), Gase had the most check boxes concerning the Jets and Monken will be a HC in the future.

I'm done complaining. I'm all in with Gase and hopefully he turns this ship around. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hate to say this, but Mike actually is doing a good job here.

I agree.  so refreshing!  I am so used to him bashing the Jets for every little thing over the years.  between this and his "always positive" remarks regarding Darnold, I don't know what to do with myself!

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Gase leaves miami because they did not have the talent to win now!

Gase goes to the ny jets......because....

they are 2 years ahead of the dolphins in the rebuilding process.   the phins need a year to tank and a year to play the rookie qb before they start getting better.  the dolphins are just the first team to concede they're tanking for the 2020 qb class.

4 minutes ago, paper_boi said:

Pretty silly for Mike to make this up when it's easily disproven by beat writer tweets. Here's one from a writer who literally tweeted his exchange with AG after he was fired. Was clearly a shock for everyone. 

Have no idea what the truth is, but that text exchange doesn't prove anything either way.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase leaves miami because they did not have the talent to win now!

Gase goes to the ny jets......because....

Supposedly, Gase forced his way out partly because he viewed 3 teams without coaches that had future qbs.

Leave it to your own devices whether that is a guy you want........

Gase isn't the gloom and doom dumpster fire pick that some are suggesting here, but he's not the "WOW this guy is THE man and I love it" pick either.   He's young, offense minded,  and brings some NFL HC experience with him and hopefully he will channel all he's learned about being an NFL HC to the Jets and finally guide the team back to being a competitive team capable of making the playoffs on a consistent basis.  

Hoping for the best, but this time around, I'm not expecting the worst.  I really want him to make a believer out of me.  

Archived