Francesa Says...

southtown24th

6 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Sometimes you forget that you are dealing with regular people with families.

He is definitely an intense individual who has had success in his coordination. I only hope that his "self-destruct mechanism" (per Mike) can be diffused and the he can mature into the position. 

Adam-Gase-wife-Jennifer-Gase-pictures-1.

Um, I have yet to see a photo of this guy without a baseball cap. Does he wear it to bed at night?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Sometimes you forget that you are dealing with regular people with families.

He is definitely an intense individual who has had success in his coordination. I only hope that his "self-destruct mechanism" (per Mike) can be diffused and the he can mature into the position. 

Adam-Gase-wife-Jennifer-Gase-pictures-1.

If I had a self destruct mechanism lead me to a wife, 3 kids, and two head coaching jobs by the time I was 40 I'm not sure I'd be looking to change. 

Many of the best coaches can be aholes. None of that matters IF you win.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

He's young

40 years old.

...offense minded.....

21st, 24th, 25th and 31st ranked Offenses the past four years.

and brings some NFL HC experience with him.

23-25 (.479) record.

18-24 (.428) vs, everyone OTHER Than the Bowles-led Jets.

.......hopefully he will channel all he's learned about being an NFL HC to the Jets and finally guide the team back to being a competitive team capable of making the playoffs on a consistent basis.

1 playoff season in three years at Miami, his first year using mostly previous coach Philbin's roster.

Hoping for the best, but this time around, I'm not expecting the worst.  I really want him to make a believer out of me.  

I would love for him to make a believer out of all of us.

But it'll be a while till he has that chance, and till then, all we do is analyze the facts and circumstances of his career to-date, and project what we see that leading to with this team, this GM, and our assets going forward.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If I had a self destruct mechanism lead me to a wife, 3 kids, and two head coaching jobs by the time I was 40 I'm not sure I'd be looking to change. 

A caller did a good job of bringing up Tom Coughlin, and how he had to change. Interesting.

Now, it is easier to say that someone has to learn, but whether they truly do..........

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

People can always improve. Some might just be a bit more enduring then others. Doesn't mean you leave something self-destructing alone. 

This isn't just about being a tough coach.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Finally.  This is a great day for Jets fans.  It's okay to be excited and optimistic.

SAR I

I'm neither optimistic nor excited. 

As I described it early on after the news broke, I am "mildly bemused and generally disinterested" is the best descriptor I have, although it's not really right.  I can't quite put my finger on the right word.

I see very little in Gase's resume to-date to stir the soul or to inspire any meaningful optimism.

I'm honestly not terribly angry either tho.  He's exactly the kind of head-scratching hire I expect Macc (and our Owners) to make.  

He could work out, that should be said.  It's not impossible.

But I do find it funny that when we desperately need stability and offense, we hire a man known to be unstable himself, and the coach who put up four bottom-5 or bottom-10 offenses the past four years.

Darnold seems to love it, so who knows.  Maybe Darnold was ever the final straw to making the hire happen, we'll never know.  I hope for all our sakes Darnold is right.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm neither optimistic nor excited. 

As I described it early on after the news broke, I am "mildly bemused and generally disinterested" is the best descriptor I have, although it's not really right.  I can't quite put my finger on the right word.

I see very little in Gase's resume to-date to stir the soul or to inspire any meaningful optimism.

I'm honestly not terribly angry either tho.  He's exactly the kind of head-scratching hire I expect Macc (and our Owners) to make.  

He could work out, that should be said.  It's not impossible.

But I do find it funny that when we desperately need stability and offense, we hire a man known to be unstable himself, and the coach who put up four bottom-5 or bottom-10 offenses the past four years.

Darnold seems to love it, so who knows.  Maybe Darnold was ever the final straw to making the hire happen, we'll never know.  I hope for all our sakes Darnold is right.

Making a blind assumption that $100M in cap gets us help at WR, OL, and DE I can see us going 10-6 next year as this feels like a 2015 caliber roster to me-  except instead of Bowles/Fitzpatrick we've got Gase/Darnold which is a significant improvement.  Our existing Crowell is better than Ivory,

We need a WR combo better than Decker/Marshall, not impossible.  Special teams is better than '15.  Harris was old, Revis was on his last legs, we're not that far off.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

40 years old.

21st, 24th, 25th and 31st ranked Offenses the past four years.

23-25 (.479) record.

18-24 (.428) vs, everyone OTHER Than the Bowles-led Jets.

1 playoff season in three years at Miami, his first year using mostly previous coach Philbin's roster.

I would love for him to make a believer out of all of us.

But it'll be a while till he has that chance, and till then, all we do is analyze the facts and circumstances of his career to-date, and project what we see that leading to with this team, this GM, and our assets going forward.

Past statistics don't necessarily predict future performance, especially when you're coaching different personnel AND you have 4 years of experience to draw and learn from.  Look, I'm not trying to convince anyone that Gase was a great hire because he wasn't.  He was a very vanilla choice, and is definitely going to have to earn the trust of the Jets fans.  

And by the way, 40 years old IS young by NFL standards, isn't it?  Maybe it's just that I'm 49 and think that anyone younger than me is young. :cheers:

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Past statistics don't necessarily predict future performance, especially when you're coaching different personnel AND you have 4 years of experience to draw and learn from.  Look, I'm not trying to convince anyone that Gase was a great hire because he wasn't.  He was a very vanilla choice, and is definitely going to have to earn the trust of the Jets fans.  

And by the way, 40 years old IS young by NFL standards, isn't it?  Maybe it's just that I'm 49 and think that anyone younger than me is young. :cheers:

I just turned 61 recently...you're just a pup.?

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Making a blind assumption that $100M in cap gets us help at WR, OL, and DE I can see us going 10-6 next year as this feels like a 2015 caliber roster to me-  except instead of Bowles/Fitzpatrick we've got Gase/Darnold which is a significant improvement.  Our existing Crowell is better than Ivory,

We need a WR combo better than Decker/Marshall, not impossible.  Special teams is better than '15.  Harris was old, Revis was on his last legs, we're not that far off.

SAR I

I hope you're right.  10-6 with Darnold would be fun.

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Just need to have the worst SOS and we are all set.

12 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Past statistics don't necessarily predict future performance

True.  But they give a better indicator of future performance than the gut feelings of hopeful (i.e. desperate) fans, I think you'd agree.

....especially when you're coaching different personnel AND you have 4 years of experience to draw and learn from.

A fair point. 

He may have learned alot in posting those four failed offenses and getting in screaming matches with his owner and the media, things he has learned that will help him do better.

Look, I'm not trying to convince anyone that Gase was a great hire because he wasn't.

Agreed.

He was a very vanilla choice, and is definitely going to have to earn the trust of the Jets fans.

Agreed.

Yes, it is.  I wasn't trying to argue otherwise, I was citing the fact.  40 is pretty damn young (and he, to-date, has seemed pretty immature at times).

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Officially Gase got fired but he was smart enough to know that Miami has to go backwards before they can go forward and he wanted no part of it. Gase also knew there were gonna be 3 head coaching jobs out there with young stud QBs. Gase made some calculated moves and got what he wanted. Now just give us Jet fans what we want. A title!

they say he's a "smart guy"...this proves just how smart he is.  Shrewd.  I like it.

As a fellow "smart guy", I dig it.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I do think Gase can be a good coach but he needs to learn from his mistakes. As for Francesa he is a fan of Maccagnan(because he repaired the damaged relationship between the Jets and himself) so he think Maccagnan is gonna be successful despite the poor drafting ahd free agent signings

Macc is his sauce inside the Jets building...well known by now.  Mike doing great damage control and PR spin for Gase and away from McCarthy.  House of Cards.

59 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Um, I have yet to see a photo of this guy without a baseball cap. Does he wear it to bed at night?

Unfortunately he has an affliction commonly referred to as "The Ron Howard Syndrome".  While not fatal, there is no known cure to this point, and  conventional treatment has not proven to be effective.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

happens in ANY business...wake up...

Not like this 3rd party, social media stuff. In the corporate world, you have business relationships, and conversations regarding a potential hire are done in private, not on some persons twitter feed, for every jackass to see.

10 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Mike basically saying that KK was never a serious candidate or a "finalist" with the Jets...relieved by that...

The other thing it sounded like was that Gase had to have eaten a huge dose of humble pie in his meeting with the Jets, and that can only be a good thing going forward. So many very talented people are their own worst enemy.

I get this on some level...

He knows Tannehill is made of glass and isn’t that good....The owner wanted to tear it down and find a new QB...Gase wanted no parts...

Of course we’re rebuilding as well but we have the most important part of a rebuild and that’s a Franchise QB prospect...as we all know it’s a different ballgame when you found your guy as opposed to when you are looking for the guy...if he can get Darnold to develop it’s a shorter ride to the top then Miami’s ride will be 

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Not like this 3rd party, social media stuff. In the corporate world, you have business relationships, and conversations regarding a potential hire are done in private, not on some persons twitter feed, for every jackass to see.

I mean...yeah? And?  There's still plenty of behind the scenes negotiating, behind the back talking, character assassination, blocking and deterring of certain candidates for various reasons, politics at play, etc.  It's all the same.  Anywhere there's money to be made, this kind of stuff happens.

20 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Macc is his sauce inside the Jets building...well known by now.  Mike doing great damage control and PR spin for Gase and away from McCarthy.  House of Cards.

Possibly.  I mean we know mike hated the jets when rex/tanny/idzik was there but has become much more friendly since Macc arrived.  I do agree that Gase can coach but he needs to make changes and maybe needed to be humbled a bit.  

Archived