Francesa Says...

southtown24th

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Possibly.  I mean we know mike hated the jets when rex/tanny/idzik was there but has become much more friendly since Macc arrived.  I do agree that Gase can coach but he needs to make changes and maybe needed to be humbled a bit.  

It's not possible.  It's a fact.  Quote me on it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Of course

The only guy they were going to pull that with was Rhule, and I can’t say I blame them.

No way in f*ck you entrust the development of Darnold to some assistant coach of Rhule’s over at Baylor who has no NFL experience.

It's been kind of stretched by the media but the jets front office wasnt even telling him he had NO power to hire his staff, they just wanted input on his coordinators and were pushing a few names of guys they thought would be good.  They never told him he couldnt hire his guys, but the sense was that they'd strongly prefer he'd go with their recommendation.  

It's not a huge difference, but it definitely is different than them stripping him of the power to hire his own staff, that wasnt the case.  They were just very uncomfortable with the names he'd mentioned leading the way in darnolds development.

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He went to miami to take tannehill to the next level.

Trying to take Tannehill to the next level is like trying to compete in Nascar with a stock vette, not going to happen...  He comes here to get a real stock car to try to win with.

To wrap up this Francessa thread, not sure if anyone else heard it, but he was asked about this years draft and QB and he said he didn't really think there was a great one...but he went back into last years class and was talking about how some liked Rosen over Darnold, but not him and then also talked about many have Mayfield marked better than Darnold (as of today), but he said... "... I know I'm in the minority, but I still think Darnold is the better prospect"

for what it's worth. 

1 minute ago, Jetstream said:

Trying to take Tannehill to the next level is like trying to compete in Nascar with a stock vette, not going to happen...  He comes here to get a real stock car to try to win with.

To wrap up this Francessa thread, not sure if anyone else heard it, but he was asked about this years draft and QB and he said he didn't really think there was a great one...but he went back into last years class and was talking about how some liked Rosen over Darnold, but not him and then also talked about many have Mayfield marked better than Darnold (as of today), but he said... "... I know I'm in the minority, but I still think Darnold is the better prospect"

for what it's worth. 

darnold is the better prospect.  he's also 2 years younger than mayfield.  

Archived