when was the last time JETS had an X's and O's coach.

Thinker

I watch Adam Gase i notice him understanding the game plan, and making changes during games, i don't remember any JETS coach being into the little things during the game, Yeah Rex/Herm were animated but they were shouting non sense and motivational stuff.

for me its been years watching with envy other coaches kneeling down to the players and going over plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ8hu2-Ske4

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maybe I'm missing what you mean by "Xs and Os" but Rex and Bowles were both defensive schemers.

As far as an offensive guru.... Yeah, Kotite. 

Yeah, Herm was really the only one of the bunch that wasn't considered an Xs and Os guy, regardless of what level of success they each had with that in their time with the Jets.  Obviously a different story if you're talking strictly to offense.

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maybe I'm missing what you mean by "Xs and Os" but Rex and Bowles were both defensive schemers.

As far as an offensive guru.... Yeah, Kotite. 

Maybe i'm wrong i cant remember seeing Rex or Bowles rounding players even defensive mid game like Belichek and talking strategy over the printouts or tablets.

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Kotite was lazy and didn't care. Gase is the exact opposite but don't let that get in the way of your little temper tantrum.

I'm not equating Gase to Kotite, LOL.

The OP asked when the last time the Jets had an Xs & Os guy and Kotite is the correct answer

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

finally a guy that understand how to call the good plays

+1

The other former coordinators (not to mention former players) got promoted to HC without even knowing what the Xs and Os are even for, beyond signing the bottom of Christmas cards to loved ones.

Lucky we finally got one who knows. It's damned lucky and damned overdue. As you allude to, this will allow him to consistently call teh good plays instead of the bad ones.

I know for a fact he didn't call those bad ones before coming here. Smart us, stewpid everyone else. 🧐

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

+1

The other former coordinators (not to mention former players) got promoted to HC without even knowing what the Xs and Os are even for, beyond signing the bottom of Christmas cards to loved ones.

Lucky we finally got one who knows. It's damned lucky and damned overdue. As you allude to, this will allow him to consistently call teh good plays instead of the bad ones.

I know for a fact he didn't call those bad ones before coming here. Smart us, stewpid everyone else. 🧐

tha tis the thing I like about him.  I can tell he is smart just by looking at him---an impossibility with Bowles, or maybe even Rex

• Haha 1