Gregg Williams being considered

Joe Jets fan

52 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Why would you voluntarily do that to yourself ?

The Jets won and I figured they must be good. The wife and I love New York and had been there a few months before. With the Jets winning I figured they must be decent. 

Turns out I was wrong, but hey ho. Where’s the fun in always winning? ?

My soccer team (West Ham) even sing a song about “fortunes always hiding, I’ve looked everywhere” and “and like my dreams, they fade and die”. 

Jets are about right for me. Those who experience failure, appreciate victory much more.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pagano is said to be in consideration too

Pagano doesn't bring the defensive intensity I associate with Williams but he has a maturity and projects a decency that Gase would benefit from. I would actually warm to that idea...

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Anderson would be gone. DeMarcus Lawrence or more like Frank Clark would be signed as a free agent. Leo would move between DT and DE.

Anderson if resigned could definitely play DT next to Leo.

I’d go out on a limb and say we’d be running a 3-3-5 base 

You’d have 2 DT’s in the package, Leonard Williams and Anderson (or whomever) and Jenkins (6’3” 265) would be the "standard" DE

You’d have Lee (6’1” 235)(WILL) and Williamson (6’1” 245)(MIKE) and Copeland (6’3” 265)(SAM) as the backer package.

The secondary would consist of Three CBs and Two Safeties, whomever they are. But the key would be Adams, who would rove.

--

The standard 3-3-5 shifts into a standard 4-3-4 frequently with Adams becoming the 3rd LB and Copeland becoming the 2nd DE, and the secondary playing standard quarters or Tampa 2 or man with 2 high safeties. Buster skirine is a good tackler but he is not ideal to shift to safety although he could do it, so your slot CB ideally is someone longer.

From a heavier set, with a mcclendon if signed or pennel or heavier DT, (or even leo) you can have a DL package of 

williams-pennel (NT)-anderson (DT) that shifts into a 34 look with different gap coverage than a 43 with Adams coming down and 4 man secondary:

copeland/jenkins-williamson-lee-adams 

williams-pennel-anderson

--

On running or passing downs, you can switch up the secondary, DL and LB rotation with guys like hewitt, luvu, pennel, clark, middleton, etc

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I know...honestly Williams is the only thing I can think of that raises an eyebrow to potentially cracking a window open

Just kidding, you are too good of a fan to go full troll.  We all get pissed and need to vent sometimes.

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Williams actually pulls me back in a bit. Joseph doesn’t. *shrugs 

so my guess is it won’t be Williams 

This sums it up pretty well for me although I’m probably a lil further from the edge with Gase, for the simple fact that he supposedly a no nonsense guy and after years of rex(who I was fan, even though it was time to move on) and Bowles we could use a lil bit of a hard on steering the ship

38 minutes ago, Vader said:

Anderson if resigned could definitely play DT next to Leo.

I’d go out on a limb and say we’d be running a 3-3-5 base 

You’d have 2 DT’s in the package, Leonard Williams and Anderson (or whomever) and Jenkins (6’3” 265) would be the "standard" DE

You’d have Lee (6’1” 235)(WILL) and Williamson (6’1” 245)(MIKE) and Copeland (6’3” 265)(SAM) as the backer package.

The secondary would consist of Three CBs and Two Safeties, whomever they are. But the key would be Adams, who would rove.

--

The standard 3-3-5 shifts into a standard 4-3-4 frequently with Adams becoming the 3rd LB and Copeland becoming the 2nd DE, and the secondary playing standard quarters or Tampa 2 or man with 2 high safeties. Buster skirine is a good tackler but he is not ideal to shift to safety although he could do it, so your slot CB ideally is someone longer.

From a heavier set, with a mcclendon if signed or pennel or heavier DT, (or even leo) you can have a DL package of 

williams-pennel (NT)-anderson (DT) that shifts into a 34 look with different gap coverage than a 43 with Adams coming down and 4 man secondary:

copeland/jenkins-williamson-lee-adams 

williams-pennel-anderson

--

On running or passing downs, you can switch up the secondary, DL and LB rotation with guys like hewitt, luvu, pennel, clark, middleton, etc

I'm sold. You're Hired! :cheergal:

Any idea how long it usually takes for a HC to assemble a staff?
I became a Jets fan in 2015 when they came to London and beat the Fish and so this is the first new HC I’ve experienced.
Curious if it’ll end up as Williams or Joseph.

Usually not long after the HC is hired....BTW if I remember that game correctly we beat the hell out of Miami that game! I think our run game....possibly Powell or Ivory (or both) had a big game as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, rammagen said:

in a 4/3 leo and anderson move to tackles/ I can see jenkins and copeland on the edge and lee moving outside to play in space maybe use his speed

I think we would see either Jenkins or Copeland, but not both at the same time. We'd be awfully light with both of them playing 4-3 end.

I'm also wishing that we are not contemplating where to play Lee and just move on. 

If we go to 4-3, who plays DE? Lee? Copeland? Anderson?
Not sure....hopefully there is a rusher at #3 we can draft that can fill the role of pass rusher. Lee may benefit from playing in a 4-3 (either in the middle or one of the OLB positions) with the speed he plays with, plus would have more linemen to protect him from guards.

The last time I can remember the Jets in a 4-3 was under Herm....when you have guys like Abraham it makes it much more effective obviously....its basically a necessity in a 4-3.

However, a guy like Abe could also play OLB in a 3-4 so it's just more important to have that edge rusher regardless of what defense alignment we play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived