Darnold already taking questions about the miserable Jets fanbase

JoJoTownsell1

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How soon before Darnold wants out a town where most of the fanbase are miserable?

Dwk9yK9W0AE7M14.jpg

He's not wrong though, if the Jets start winning games, that will be all that matters.  If that doesn't happen, it sounds like he'll be just as annoyed as we are.

If the Jets end up being such hot garbage that he wants to leave, that will have absolutely nothing to do with us.  Correlation is not causation.

28 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How soon before Darnold wants out a town where most of the fanbase are miserable?

Dwk9yK9W0AE7M14.jpg

Fan misery is a byproduct of the miserable product on the field.  It's not a cause of the miserable product on the field. 

You know what whining about whiny fans makes you?  A whiner.  And no one likes a whiner. 

Darnold is 100% right.  We won't be upset if they win alot more games.  And I'm glad he says that's what matter to him.

Till they do, we (or some of us at least) may remain perhaps rightfully cynical.

Given our history, I don't think that's entirely unreasonable.

5 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

All the miserable fans who hate the Gase hiring are snowflakes.  They hate Gase for the reasons they should love him. Gase doesn't take sh*t from his players.  He gets in their face. That's called masculinity. Something snowflakes refer to as toxic

He makes manly men great again?

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fan misery is a byproduct of the miserable product on the field.  It's not a cause of the miserable product on the field. 

You know what whining about whiny fans makes you?  A whiner.  And no one likes a whiner. 

Nailed it! - Let's see how smiley the Steelers and Pats fans become, when their two HOF QB's retire.

Jets fans have had a lot to endure and we still go and support this team.

It's not our fault the product has sucked on the field.

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exaclty.  8 straight years of no playoffs; 14-34 last 3 seasons.  That is what makes a fan base miserable.  I have no issue with what Darnold said.  He is right.  Start winning games and we won't be miserable.   

And for me at least, it is frustration, not misery.  Even thnough we went 4-12, I enjoyed watching the team this past year, had fun going to a couple of road games, even though we lost them both.  I am frustrated, that the Divisional Playoffs are 2 days away and we are not in the mix.  Again.  But not miserable.

27 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

All the miserable fans who hate the Gase hiring are snowflakes.  They hate Gase for the reasons they should love him. Gase doesn't take sh*t from his players.  He gets in their face. That's called masculinity. Something snowflakes refer to as toxic

This is 100% true and part of my core identity 

35 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

You consider Gase to be masculine?  I don’t see it.

38 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

#masculinity

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

He's not wrong though, if the Jets start winning games, that will be all that matters.  If that doesn't happen, it sounds like he'll be just as annoyed as we are.

If the Jets end up being such hot garbage that he wants to leave, that will have absolutely nothing to do with us.  Correlation is not causation.

Winning cures all but until then, especially after all the empty promises/terrible decisions, we have every right to be negative and tell this organization to f*ck off. I don’t want to “hear“ about anything anymore. I want to SEE it.

Convince us for once because as of right now, this organization has been nosediving since our back to back AFC title games. The most recent version of our team has been the worst and all the half measures make it our obligation to question everything and gives good reason to continue to be disgusted.

We don’t owe this organization sh*t. Root for the players (the ones that care) and hope for the best. I fully expect the worst though. 

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

It does not sound to me like he said anything unusual or provocative.  Just Sam being a good team guy

Archived