8 NFL HC jobs were available..

joewilly12

Just now, Butterfield said:

My understanding is he makes $7 million whether he coaches or not next year.  He made it pretty clear he was interested in only select opportunities, possibly only the jets.  

This has been said dozens of times in multiple threads.  Why is this coming across as news to anyone?  It's pretty clear from what we've seen that he looked at CLE and NYJ and that's about it.  Hmm...what do those two teams have in common that none of the others do?  :)

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This has been said dozens of times in multiple threads.  Why is this coming across as news to anyone?  It's pretty clear from what we've seen that he looked at CLE and NYJ and that's about it.  Hmm...what do those two teams have in common that none of the others do?  :)

A fan base that criticizes every move they make 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How come the 7 other teams didn't hire Mike McCarthy?  

Why are fans and media bashing the NY Jets for doing what 7 other teams did? 

Let's give Adam Gase a chance here. 

joewilly12

Arizona is being brutalized by professional football people.. Its insane. LOL

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

My understanding is he makes $7 million whether he coaches or not next year.  He made it pretty clear he was interested in only select opportunities, possibly only the jets.  

right. and more to the point just because he only interviewed with the jets and maybe one other doesn't mean some or all of the other coaches didn't contact him in some fashion.

Very simple:

Arizona: Offered him complete control and he turned them down

Jets and Browns: Have tons of money, high draft picks and up and coming Qb’s. Browns hired within cause Mayfield wanted Kitchens and they had success.

Miami, Cincy, Denver: Are terrible coaching gigs right now and he’s too established to interview for those shi$&y jobs anyway.

Bucs: Zeroed in on Arians from the onset

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mccarthy hasn't interviewed in what, 12 years?

It's entirely possible that he thought he could show up with a pen and the job was his, maybe he wasn't really prepared, didn't really sell himself

the interview may have just not gone well

it happens

He should have taken a practice interview lol

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Mccarthy hasn't interviewed in what, 12 years?

It's entirely possible that he thought he could show up with a pen and the job was his, maybe he wasn't really prepared, didn't really sell himself

the interview may have just not gone well

it happens

He should have taken a practice interview lol

I think it's more than that. 

I think Mike McCarthy is stale. 

I think the NFL is passing him by and he doesn't know how to adjust or deal anymore. 

Players today cannot handle discipline and old school coaching. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12

McCarthy withdrew his applications for everyone but the Jets.  He said he would only consider the Jets . That's why the other 7 teams didn't hire McCarthy.   

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12

Not too many in the press are bashing the move.  Pretty much all have said the move was because of Darnold and he'll be good for Darnold.

Too many Jet fans just are whiners who complain first, think last

2 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

McCarthy withdrew his applications for everyone but the Jets.  He said he would only consider the Jets . That's why the other 7 teams didn't hire McCarthy.   

Yeah, he announced it after 3/4 of the teams hired their HCs or hadnt asked him for an interview.

Like the guy who when fired screams, "I quit"

Is hysterical that we went from "McCarthy is going to use the Jets to get the best deal" to this

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Why didn’t they hire Gase?

That isn't the point and it was never the point. It never has been about gase being a no brainier, it's been about people assuming that McCarthy was the obvious choice. 

He was very flawed, just in a different way than the other candidates. You just saw the super bowl 10 years ago and assumed he'd logically be the best guy in 2019.

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not too many in the press are bashing the move.  Pretty much all have said the move was because of Darnold and he'll be good for Darnold.

Oh ok what do you live under a rock?  

Did you happen to listen to WFAN today? 

It was a good move I like Gase. 

I don't judge other fans for their opinions. 

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That isn't the point and it was never the point. It never has been about gase being a no brainier, it's been about people assuming that McCarthy was the obvious choice. 

He was very flawed, just in a different way than the other candidates. You just saw the super bowl 10 years ago and assumed he'd logically be the best guy in 2019.

Who said I wanted McC? Clearly I didn’t want them to hire Gase’s stupid ass. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Oh ok what do you live under a rock?  

Did you happen to listen to WFAN today? 

It was a good move I like Gase. 

I don't judge other fans for their opinions. 

Wait the FAN?  And who, Jerome?  Callers, the whiniest fans in the world, were complaining?  Just read the twits on twitter, same thing.  

I said media

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wtf are you taking about? Every sports show I heard said why the **** did they hire Gase. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12

This is about as bad as "whataboutism".  Nobody wanted Gase either except for the braintrust we have.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Wtf are you taking about? Every sports show I heard said why the **** did they hire Gase. 

Oh, lets see, ESPN morning show, NFL Live, NFLN, FOXS

Love the idea that I should listen anyone who thinks we should have hired Ruhl, Monken or even McCarthy as if they are so friggen good that they would ask why the **** did they hire Gase

Archived