8 NFL HC jobs were available..

joewilly12

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

How come the 7 other teams didn't hire Mike McCarthy?  

Why are fans and media bashing the NY Jets for doing what 7 other teams did? 

Let's give Adam Gase a chance here. 

joewilly12

You forgot to mention hes been avail for well over a month. Yet he got only one interview. 

The answer is no one wanted him. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Done with what? 

I’m apologizing up front to Max and everyone right now. I’ve lost all interest, what little I had left, caring an ounce about this sh*t franchise. I actually find myself incapable of rooting for this kind of incompetence anymore. My only choice moving forward is to sh*t on, make fun of and not give two ****s about this organization. So let the neg bombs flow my brothers. The buttfumbles are now my new best friend. I’m ready for it if not with just a straight up ban. Good times over the years though. I’m letting go of any passion left for this toxic team. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I’m apologizing up front to Max and everyone right now. I’ve lost all interest, what little I had left, caring an ounce about this sh*t franchise. I actually find myself incapable of rooting for this kind of incompetence anymore. My only choice moving forward is to sh*t on, make fun of and not give two ****s about this organization. So let the neg bombs flow my brothers. The buttfumbles are now my new best friend. I’m ready for it if not with just a straight up ban. Good times over the years though. I’m letting go of any passion left for this toxic team. 

Yup. And?

Mike Francesa touched on this today while debunking misinformation and the Gase hiring.

To paraphrase: Some of the stuff coming out of Green Bay clearly hurt McCarthy. - there was a trail with some angry people that went out of their way to hurt his candidacy out of Green Bay. This mainly focused on relationship stuff, football stuff, game management, philosophy that hurt him everywhere on this coaching go round. There was not enough time to diffuse it and too fresh in a lot of people. It had nothing to do with demands or wanting authority, but the Jets did not like what they were hearing. 

Taking the year off will allow him to settle down with family and open up doors for next year. 

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/wfan-mike-francesa-reacts-new-york-jets-hiring-adam-gase

7 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Mike Francesa touched on this today while debunking misinformation and the Gase hiring.

To paraphrase: Some of the stuff coming out of Green Bay clearly hurt McCarthy. - there was a trail with some angry people that went out of their way to hurt his candidacy out of Green Bay. This mainly focused on relationship stuff, football stuff, game management, philosophy that hurt him everywhere on this coaching go round. There was not enough time to diffuse it and too fresh in a lot of people. It had nothing to do with demands or wanting authority, but the Jets did not like what they were hearing. 

Taking the year off will allow him to settle down with family and open up doors for next year. 

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/wfan-mike-francesa-reacts-new-york-jets-hiring-adam-gase

It's cool to hate Francesca in the same way it's cool to hate Nickelback. Like him or not, Francesca is right more often than he is wrong. No doubt that he loves nothing more than the sound of his own voice and the smell of his own farts, but the guy knows what he is talking about.

His take on Gase is spot on. He feels that Gase would have been better served to have taken a few years off from being a head coach. I agree.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Mccarthy hasn't interviewed in what, 12 years?

It's entirely possible that he thought he could show up with a pen and the job was his, maybe he wasn't really prepared, didn't really sell himself

the interview may have just not gone well

it happens

He should have taken a practice interview lol

That wa what the Arizona interview should have been for

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

You list a lot more then one station. The hire was getting destroyed on the radio today. 

Than one TV channel.  I said TV.  Talk, call in radio sucks.

I was listening to ex players, Schefter, Bruschi, Hassleback, Florio, M Simms, Coward, etc, all were positive.  I didnt listen to what Jerome from the Bronx thought about the pick

I find it interesting that this batch of coaching hires, we didn't hear much from the college ranks top tier guys, there wasn't a lot of the john fox/washed up old guys being bandied about, and the DC's like Greg Williams, Jim Schwartz etc were not even considered...  

This was a weird batch of hires across the board..

Archived