Maccagnan is laughing his a$$ off.

sec101row23

MacGasem will work or implode in historic fashion and it will will not take four years - one or two maximum and Jets will be in the playoffs or starting a complete rebuild

I agree with you 100%. Win (Playoffs) and they stay. However, they get off to an 0-4 start and I can see both of them after next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How exactly will Gase expose Mac?

by winning?  by losing? by fighting with him and adding to this already ridiculously dysfunctional organization?

he will call him out in a press conferences, screaming in the office, on the field, interviews, mights have his own radio show LOL  - like I said it will work or implode in flames taking dysfunctional to new levels...

draft room to start - I hope it works, getting popcorn ready...

31 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

From your mouth to the football God's ears. I'm hoping that Gase proves all the naysayers wrong. Knowing the negative Nancy's on this board, they will root for the 2019 Jets to fail so that they don't have to eat crow. 

I am very vocal about thinking this is an awful hire - not sure how anyone can see it otherwise, but that's not the point.  I would absolutely love to be wrong - but his history and NFL history tells me I'm, unfortunately, right.

You, I think everything the Jet do is great guys, live on hope and irrationality.  He has done nothing to make you think he can be successful other than getting hired by our inept GM and Owner.

With that said, I will be there screaming and cheering for a win week 1 and so on!!!

15 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

he will call him out in a press conferences, screaming in the office, on the field, interviews, mights have his own radio show LOL  - like I said it will work or implode in flames taking dysfunctional to new levels...

draft room to start - I hope it works, getting popcorn ready...

I think you're right - this will blow up as soon as they go on a losing streak  - hopefully they don't until they've won a bunch of games.

But if they start out 2 and 5 or something like that - look out.  

McCagnon will expose himself if he doesn't draft well and doesn't sign the right FAs.
Exactly.

McCagnon will not be around to hire another HC if Gase fails or if continues to be underwhelming with his draft picks and FA signings.

Outside of Darnold and Jamal Adams (which to his credit were very important hits) his picks and signings haven't been great. This is extremely important off season for McCagnon. What he does with all this cap space and high draft pick will have a huge impact on whether he and Gase have a successful tenure together or if they'll both be fired and looking for work 3 years from now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Have to hand it to Maccagnan, he survived a miserable 4 years and was able to hire a new scapegoat for the next 4 years.  All the attention will be on Gase now.  Everyone is demanding to win now and if that doesn’t happen it’s all going to fall on Gase.  Mac will draft one good defensive lineman and the Johnsons will give him a 5 year extension.  

Great times...

Yup.  It's embarrasing.  ChrisWood Johnson is a fking idiot for keeping this incompetent talent evaluator in charge.  What a disaster.  They had a chance to do it right with a full rebuild, but as always, the Jets decide to do a partial rebuild, which everybody (except the Johnsons apparently) knows never works.  Here we go again.  Doing the same damned thing and expecting different results.    How did we get so blessed to have complete a pair of total morons owning and running this team?  

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I am very vocal about thinking this is an awful hire - not sure how anyone can see it otherwise, but that's not the point.  I would absolutely love to be wrong - but his history and NFL history tells me I'm, unfortunately, right.

You, I think everything the Jet do is great guys, live on hope and irrationality.  He has done nothing to make you think he can be successful other than getting hired by our inept GM and Owner.

With that said, I will be there screaming and cheering for a win week 1 and so on!!!

Point the finger elsewhere. I do not think that the Jets do everything great. I just try to be optimistic instead of acting like a girl who is never happy. 

11 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Point the finger elsewhere. I do not think that the Jets do everything great. I just try to be optimistic instead of acting like a girl who is never happy. 

I am very far from someone that's never happy.  In fact I supported both Bowles and Mac for far too long, I always try and see the upside.

I just don't see a single thing about this guy that shows me he's going to be a successful head coach.  And this hire was just way too important to role the dice on a proven failure.  Darnold's development is simply too important.

We blew it.  Got lucky that Darnold fell into our lap - and basically blew it by bringing this guy in.

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Have to hand it to Maccagnan, he survived a miserable 4 years and was able to hire a new scapegoat for the next 4 years.  All the attention will be on Gase now.  Everyone is demanding to win now and if that doesn’t happen it’s all going to fall on Gase.  Mac will draft one good defensive lineman and the Johnsons will give him a 5 year extension.  

Great times...

So no matter who he hired he would have had a scapegoat?
So would have gotten his 4 years the day Bowles was fired?
Why is he laughing today?

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Macc just went all in on Gase. 

- If he was interested in appeasing the lunatic fan base he would have hired McCarthy,

- If he was power hungry he would have hired Monken or Rhule (which would have likely given him more time)

Gase was the most dangerous hire for his security yet he made it because he believes it was the best choice.  He'll have 2 years to make it happen or he's gone.  Pretty simple to see.

Mccagnan stays if darnold succeeds.  Mccagnan picked the guy he thought gave the best shot of darnold succeeding.  

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Great times...

The coach Maccagnan hired will be in charge of the players Maccagnan acquired.  Any failure of the Jets is now squarely on Macc.  This is a good thing.

Him and Gase get two years.  I'll tell you what won't happen....Gase will not be fired while Maccagnan is retained.  It could be that both of them get canned in two years and there's a smaller chance Macc gets the boot only, but there's no way that Gase becomes a scapegoat (or an escape goat as @Hitman Harris would say).

41 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Mccagnan stays if darnold succeeds.  Mccagnan picked the guy he thought gave the best shot of darnold succeeding.  

nah... I think Maccagnan's preference was Rhule and Rhule would have to find (or Mac would have to find for him) someone to develop Sam.  

Gase was a compromise between not hiring yet another 1st time NFL coach (as they have done for 2 decades) and Maccagnan's campaign against and ultimate veto of McCarthy.    That's why Gase is here.  I'm just thankful he has the ability to develop Darnold and has a good NFL offensive mind.  Much better than Rhule IMO.  I'm inching my way back in from the ledge about Gase.

But I will NEVER want this shmuck of a GM who is just awful at drafting here.  It's no fun knowing that in the last 4 years, the Jets have the highest percentage of its draft picks that are already out of the league.  That's astonishing, embarrasing and frankly unacceptable to anyone in their right minds except Chriswood Johnson.  

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Normal people would think that, agreed.  But Maccagnan has somehow convinced the Johnsons he’s been doing a good job.  Scary stuff. 

Well I'm no Mac fan and I was thinking he was gone but......whereas Bowles was clearly overwhelmed, Mac seems to be making headway even if ever so slowly.  

Or, it all works out negative Nancy.  Just leave and go become a Gints/Pats fan. Why do some people get out of bed in the morning? 
That pitchfork ain't gonna wave itself you know!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Great times...

Buy Starbucks stock!!!   

I haven't heard about Mac getting another extension yet. He's got two years left on his deal, He may have just one to demonstrate he should stay. Both he and Gase report to the owner. I haven't heard much about Mac's input into this hire - just a lot of speculation. How well he spends this #3 overall and $100M+ will determine his fate sooner rather than later. Gase won't be afraid to tell either Johnson that Mac sucks. 

14 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Great times...

While I already started this thread the other day, this is a case where I applaud it being brought up again. It cannot be said enough. The .org structure cultivated nothing but self-preservationsl agendas. Don’t expect us to win anytime soon. Unless Sam becomes so good that he can transcend the organization void of ethics and dignity.

Archived