Jump to content
Maxman

JetNation Radio: Special Guest Manish Mehta -- talking Adam Gase

Recommended Posts

Definitely worth a listen, short interview with Manish but good info and a pretty interesting Sam Darnold mention.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good interview by Glenn.  I hope more fans can have Glenn's attitude.  He took 24 hours to get over his opposition to the hire and will now support our coach....as we all should!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great listen. I have come off the ledge a little bit myself and am now optimistic about Gase. I still want to see his staff. Gase seems to have a sense of urgency when it comes to winning which I dont think the Jets have had in a head coach for a very long time.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, prime21 said:

It was good interview by Glenn.  I hope more fans can have Glenn's attitude.  He took 24 hours to get over his opposition to the hire and will now support our coach....as we all should!

 

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Great listen. I have come off the ledge a little bit myself and am now optimistic about Gase. I still want to see his staff. Gase seems to have a sense of urgency when it comes to winning which I dont think the Jets have had in a head coach for a very long time.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So many NFL insiders said Bowles was going to be a great coach. It was heralded as a good move. And he was good for 15 games of year one. Then that was it. So I am doing the same thing, I didn't even think Gase was going to be considered. Seriously thought they were picking his brain on the Dolphins.

I just hope he finds the balance with having energy and not fighting\alienating people. I do think he is going to hold people accountable at a level we haven't see here in a very long time.

Also like that he knows the AFC East so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff by Glenn. Thx

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit of revisionist history with Manish claiming he didn't want Kingsbury. 

As far as Gase, I don't feel any better at all. Guy was a losing coach with an attitude problem. Awesome. If he didn't have this franchise to beat up on, he would have been even worse. Sorry, just can't get excited about the new circus in town with glorious mediocrity for a ceiling. Yay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Mehta drops the WWE persona and talks like a regular guy he says some good things.  Good listen.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Definitely worth a listen, short interview with Manish but good info and a pretty interesting Sam Darnold mention.

Who gives a crapola what this nerd has to say.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigO said:

Who gives a crapola what this nerd has to say.

Dude I know you were banned and you are back now, but I have to say Glenn works really hard for this site. He does this stuff for free. Totally inappropriate for you to call him names.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pac said:

When Mehta drops the WWE persona and talks like a regular guy he says some good things.  Good listen.

 

4 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Last thing I am going to say is if John Elway loved Gase so much and thought he was a genius, how come he did not hire him for their head coaching opening?

 

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

That as decent

Manish sounded thoughtful and reasoned in his Gase endorsement

 

5 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Good stuff by Glenn. Thx

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 

Manish is completely different in interviews. Always surprises me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freestater said:

A little bit of revisionist history with Manish claiming he didn't want Kingsbury. 

As far as Gase, I don't feel any better at all. Guy was a losing coach with an attitude problem. Awesome. If he didn't have this franchise to beat up on, he would have been even worse. Sorry, just can't get excited about the new circus in town with glorious mediocrity for a ceiling. Yay. 

Yes but he was a barely losing coach. So close to .500 lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manish reminds me of old Madden games, back in the day.  I would field punts and then run backwards to the 1 yard line, so I could rack up 99 yard drives in career mode and make ridiculous stats.  Manish went as far as he could to get the fan base to hate him, and now he's trying to win them back one yard at a time by being reasonable.   

I thought he presented a good case.  

The issue with Gase is really his lack of tangible production in Chicago with Tannehill.  

One thing that I did miss on (and I heard this on some podcast, not sure where) was the discipline.  How Gase wasn't afraid to get rid of stars (Ajayi/Landry/Suh) when they weren't being good examples as leaders.  I don't know much about Ajayi (apparently he was being disruptive), but from Hard Knocks, we all know Landry is an idiot and about as annoying as you can get.  That's something I appreciate, because that was one of my biggest issues with Bowles, the lack of accountability.  He was essentially powerless in the locker room, and I thought it really derailed the team from the start.  

But saying this hire is better than Bowles is not that earth shattering,  

I like this hire, I don't love it.  I've been preaching Kingsbury for a long time, but I definitely see the vision here.  One thing that seems to be a theme with Gase is his dedication to film review, and I think that's extremely important to pass on to Darnold.  

I liked his adaptobility, because he was presented with different challenges as OC, with different personnel.

- Denver:  He increased passing attempts, lowered rushing attempts because that team was loaded for passing.  Thomas/Decker/Welker/Thomas is better than Moreno, so he increased passing attempts from previous year, lowered rushing.  The Yards/Play increased from 5.8 in 2012 to 6.4 and then 6.0 the next two years, then catered to 5.4 the year he left.  To me at least that shows an ability to take advantage of personnel.  

-Bears:  The Y/P went from 5.2 the previous year to 5,4, and then went to 5.9 the year after Gase left.  On the surface, this doesn't seem positive, but that 2015 season was a transition year for the Bears.  They lost Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffery only played half the games, and Matt Forte was basically done as the bell cow back.  So the offense went from Brandon Marshall (who as we know was still good back then), Alshon Jeffery, and a good Matt Forte to no Marshall, half a season of injured Jeffery, and a declining Forte.  It's not a complete transformation, but it's positive that they took it in the right direction there.  

Dolphins:  

Ryan Tannehill from 2016 - 2018:  

5.4 TD%, 3.2 INT%, 93.2 Rating, 7.5 Y/A, 11.4 Y/Completion, 65.9% completion, .541 winning percentage

Player A from 2016 - 2018

5.9 TD%, 2.4 INT%, 97.6 Rating, 7.5 Y/A, 11.4 Y/Completion, 65.5 completion, .580 winning percentage.  

Who is Player A?

Andrew Luck, and both missed 2017.  

I'm not saying those stats make Tannehill out to be even in the same as Luck, but those stats are closer than what you'd imagine.  

I think what killed Gase in Miami is 2017, when Cutler basically got off the couch and came to play unprepared.  

To me he's shown an ability to adapt to different personnel and still be somewhat successful.  Denver with passing options galore, Chicago with basically no weapons, and then the more bubble screens in Miami.

I'm not thrilled with the hire, but I do think it has potential.  

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Maxman said:

 

So many NFL insiders said Bowles was going to be a great coach. It was heralded as a good move. And he was good for 15 games of year one. Then that was it. So I am doing the same thing, I didn't even think Gase was going to be considered. Seriously thought they were picking his brain on the Dolphins.

I just hope he finds the balance with having energy and not fighting\alienating people. I do think he is going to hold people accountable at a level we haven't see here in a very long time.

Also like that he knows the AFC East so well.

All coaches want to win.  Some project it to the players a lot more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Dude I know you were banned and you are back now, but I have to say Glenn works really hard for this site. He does this stuff for free. Totally inappropriate for you to call him names.

My apologies. Wasn’t referring to Glenn. Was talking about Metha. Don’t know who Glenn is. I’ll listen to it and write a report. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best line from Womanish: "Chris Johnson realizes MacCagnan knows more about football than he does."

That is comedic gold and it could only have been better if there was a laugh track edit on it.

Great interview Glenn.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigO said:

My apologies. Wasn’t referring to Glenn. Was talking about Metha. Don’t know who Glenn is. I’ll listen to it and write a report. 

That is who I thought you were referring to.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

That is who I thought you were referring to.

Apparently not but just to be sure Id rather be specific since it was a bit ambiguous. I can’t stand Mehta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigO said:

Apparently not but just to be sure Is rather be specific since it was a bit ambiguous. I can’t stand Mehta. 

For the record, I knew you were talking about Manish. I was just trying to have a little fun lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You jive turkey 🦃 You got me there Yup

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Last thing I am going to say is if John Elway loved Gase so much and thought he was a genius, how come he did not hire him for their head coaching opening?

Because he hired his favorite buddy, who did win for him.

Plus who wants to go by what Elway thinks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigO said:

My apologies. Wasn’t referring to Glenn. Was talking about Metha. Don’t know who Glenn is. I’ll listen to it and write a report. 

I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit.  I promise to reread before I hit submit..................

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×