Kyler Murray

k-met57

is it just me or does he have a very Baker-ish feel going into the draft process. The hype train started in first round station, by march it'll be in top 5 junction, and by draft night...

all you need is one team to talk themselves into his size not being an issue.

20 hours ago, maury77 said:

My dream is that 2 idiot, I mean teams trade up into the top 2 for Murray and Haskins, thus leaving Bosa to us at 3. 

I'm actually pretty excited by the idea that Arizona takes him and trades Rosen. Seeing a team go full in on the Air Raid at the pro level would be fun to see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gotta assume he has gotten some positive feedback about where he might go in the draft.  And then if he is still on the board after day 2, do we get an announcement that he will pursue a career in baseball, which has always been his passion...

I have no clue where this guy might go.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

What a f*cking dildo. Is this the kind of disposition that screams “franchise QB”?

Kid may very well measure in at less than 5’9, has a grand total of 17 starts under his belt in Riley’s goofy offense, and has THIS kind of personality?

I’m in the same boat as @maury77. I’ll laugh hysterically if he gets drafted ahead of us and exponentially increases the odds of Bosa (or even Allen) falling into our laps.

Hell, I was hard on Mayfield last offseason but he’s a f*cking Elway-esque prospect compared to this guy. At least Baker broke the 6’0 barrier, had 3 full seasons as a starter under his belt and you certainly couldn't question his passion for football.  

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, Untouchable said:

What a f*cking dildo. Is this the kind of disposition that screams “franchise QB”?

Kid may very well measure in at less than 5’9, has a grand total of 17 starts under his belt in Riley’s goofy offense, and has THIS kind of personality?

I’m in the same boat as @maury77. I’ll laugh hysterically if he gets drafted ahead of us and exponentially increases the odds of Bosa (or even Allen) falling into our laps.

Hell, I was hard on Mayfield last offseason but he’s a f*cking Elway-esque prospect compared to this guy. At least Baker broke the 6’0 barrier, had 3 full seasons as a starter under his belt and you certainly couldn't question his passion for football.  

I agree completely.  I would be utterly disappointed if this kid were even a consideration for the Jets.  He'll be exciting to watch for a few weeks, but I just don't see how he can be successful in the NFL and his persona in that interview was horrible.  Having said that, I am 100% rooting for ARI to draft him (or have someone trade up for him).  Then the interesting question is, would you rather get a fat trade-down from JAX or another team for Haskins, or let SF get it so Bosa drops to us.  Talk about a win-win.

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

I agree completely.  I would be utterly disappointed if this kid were even a consideration for the Jets.  He'll be exciting to watch for a few weeks, but I just don't see how he can be successful in the NFL and his persona in that interview was horrible.  Having said that, I am 100% rooting for ARI to draft him (or have someone trade up for him).  Then the interesting question is, would you rather get a fat trade-down from JAX or another team for Haskins, or let SF get it so Bosa drops to us.  Talk about a win-win.

Its amazing how this year could parallel last, only this time the Jets are the team WITH a QB and needing more picks to build an o line, and the Jags are the team desperately searching for their young "FQB" to build around. And with the Giants lurking right after the Jets, if Jax decides Harkins is the guy, they need to jump up in front of them. 

Its perfect symmetry.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:04 PM, bealeb319 said:

What if Arizona drafted this kid and flipped Rosen to the giants. I am still high on Rosen even though he didn't look great last year I wouldn't bet against him with all the weapons the giants have and it could potentially make them look a bit better for not taking darnold

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Very possible Kingsbury and staff pull a rabbit out of the hat with Murray on draft day. A lot of time left on the clock. I'm higher on Allen than Bosa (family has injury issues) if this draft gets crazy and he's in plain sight. 

On February 16, 2019 at 2:13 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its amazing how this year could parallel last, only this time the Jets are the team WITH a QB and needing more picks to build an o line, and the Jags are the team desperately searching for their young "FQB" to build around. And with the Giants lurking right after the Jets, if Jax decides Harkins is the guy, they need to jump up in front of them. 

Its perfect symmetry.

Unfortunately the fourth pick in the draft is where the Qb hungry teams most likely make there move up.      The first three teams in the draft aren't missing out on N Bosa,J Allen, or Q Williams .     Not to mention it's really expensive to get up in the top three of the draft.

Also the Jaguars are a win now team , they need a veteran Qb( N Foles) as a rookie Qb does them no good.  ( you aren't winning anything with a rookie Qb) 

You  trade up in the top three ( cost a lot of draft capital) you almost have to play that Qb right away.

Beside the Giants , the two most likely teams to try and trade up for a Qb are the Dolphins , and the Redskins. 

19 hours ago, RJIII said:

Very possible Kingsbury and staff pull a rabbit out of the hat with Murray on draft day. A lot of time left on the clock. I'm higher on Allen than Bosa (family has injury issues) if this draft gets crazy and he's in plain sight. 

A rabbit out of his hat?  They have the 1st overall pick.  You dont need magic when you're the first team picking. 

lol

A rabbit out of his hat?  They have the 1st overall pick.  You dont need magic when you're the first team picking. 
lol

Agreed! Was referring to the possibility that Murray ends up a Cardinal. Im aware of KKs comments about “Rosen is our guy”, but things can change and there is a lot of time left. Will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 2/18/2019 at 5:48 AM, Raideraholic said:

Unfortunately the fourth pick in the draft is where the Qb hungry teams most likely make there move up.      The first three teams in the draft aren't missing out on N Bosa,J Allen, or Q Williams .     Not to mention it's really expensive to get up in the top three of the draft.

Also the Jaguars are a win now team , they need a veteran Qb( N Foles) as a rookie Qb does them no good.  ( you aren't winning anything with a rookie Qb) 

You  trade up in the top three ( cost a lot of draft capital) you almost have to play that Qb right away.

Beside the Giants , the two most likely teams to try and trade up for a Qb are the Dolphins , and the Redskins. 

The fourth pick is where the teams make their move....because 3 is too expensive and top 3 you have to play the QB right away? But 4th pick is much more manageable is what you're saying? K...

On 2/14/2019 at 3:05 PM, Untouchable said:

idk but based on that interview I think belichick would absolutely love this kid

14 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

The fourth pick is where the teams make their move....because 3 is too expensive and top 3 you have to play the QB right away? But 4th pick is much more manageable is what you're saying? K...

I hope someone trades up in the top three( so does Gruden) for a Qb. 

There is a number of reasons why fourth is the most logical position reason a team trades up for a Qb there.

1. Three top prospects ( Bosa, J Allen, and Q Williams) More questions after those than probably don't want to pick a player at four.  

2. The cost to acquire will be less than trading into top three .  Not to mention the Raiders probably take less .  See J Rosen trade last year with Cardinals. 

3 Teams that might move up for their Qb ( Giants, Dolphins , and Redskins ) who do they rather deal with - the Raiders , or the Jets.     You really think the Giants, or Dolphins , really want to overpay the Jets.   Those three players are off the board it would probably only cost the Giants a third rounder to move into Raiders spot.  Miami - maybe don't cost them a draft choice at all.   Raiders drop to thirteen and get Xavien Howard ( last year of contract) for their fourth spot.  A lot of rumors the Raiders and Dolphins are talking X Howard trade. Redskins / Raider connection .

Archived