Adam Shein on Todd Bowles

Jetster

So, I'm in the car listening to Mad Dog sports radio on Sirius.

This guy Shein in that irritating exaggerated stretch voice starts talking about the Arians hire in Tampa Bay. So I'm waiting to hear what he has to say about Todd Bowles. So he says, "And what about the Todd Bowles hire, Todd Bowles is a brilliant defensive coordinator!"

I literally nearly drove off the road! I mean it struck me as being so funny, I was saying out loud in the car, BRILLIANT? BRILLIANT? Now I know there are many things I've called Todd Bowles over the last 4 years but brilliant was never a word that came to my mind.

What the hell is it with Todd Bowles & his teflon reputation? Seriously? This guy fired 3 OCs and kept his inept buddy Rogers here for 4 years & I think even right now a WR blew through the secondary untouched & no one within 15 yards of him! 

Is there some type of conspiracy protecting bad African American NFL Head Coaches I'm not aware of? Do they have to go 2-30 like Hue Jackson did before you can mock them? Gase with a 23-25 record is being mocked, dragged through the mud, Memed to death and the 24-40 Todd Bowles is referred to as BRILLIANT! 

Sorry, but this really pisses me off because I had to waste 4 years watching this moron systematically make this team worse & worse every year! I was at that Titans game where his BRILLIANT DEFENSIVE game plan gave up another 7 points with an 83 yard drive in a 2 minute drill. I reassured Titans fans sitting next to me that they had nothing to worry about, there was no way Todd Bowles defense to stop the juggernaut that is Marcus Mariotta & the Titans offense! They thought I was nostrodomus and thanked me for my wisdom and for reassuring them that the game was clearly not over. At 16-0 a couple left? I was thinking, you obviously haven't witnessed the brilliancy of Todd Bowles & Kacey Rogers giving up lead after lead. This is my final critique of anything Todd Bowles, I'm just thankful he's finally gone, but wow, it's amazing how history gets rewritten by these media A holes.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not much different than calling Gase and offensive genius. His defenses a outperformed Gase’s offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Gase owned the Jets, Bills, and beat the Pats twice with QBs that no one wants. Why don't you 1st give him a chance. So if Payton Manning calls Gase one of his favorite OCs that means nothing to you? 

Todd Bowles is a brilliant defensive coordinator, his work with the Cardinals D is undeniable.

Now as a HC it was a different story. He was loyal to a fault with Kacey Rodgers who should've been fired or demoted long ago. Yes the defense was terrible at times and that ultimately falls on the HC, but that's not what Schein said.

Now that Bowles is a DC again and he doesn't have to manage the million other responsibilities he had as HC, I think he will put together a top ranked defense for Tampa Bay.

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Is there some type of conspiracy protecting bad African American NFL Head Coaches I'm not aware of? Do they have to go 2-30 like Hue Jackson did before you can mock them?

Or maybe he's just well liked and well respected around the league? 

41 minutes ago, slats said:

Brian Schottenheimer has been employed by a major football organization since his mid-teens, but it’s the conspiracy to protect the five working African American coaches that riles @Jetster up. 

9 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Todd Bowles is a brilliant defensive coordinator, his work with the Cardinals D is undeniable.

Now as a HC it was a different story. He was loyal to a fault with Kacey Rodgers who should've been fired or demoted long ago. Yes the defense was terrible at times and that ultimately falls on the HC, but that's not what Schein said.

Now that Bowles is a DC again and he doesn't have to manage the million other responsibilities he had as HC, I think he will put together a top ranked defense for Tampa Bay.

Todd Bowles STINKS. Arizona was an outlier & the defense was loaded! Brian Billick was a genius DC too with that tremendous Ravens D. Oh, that's right, Brian was an offensive coach but won because he had a great defense. 

Every once in a while a team is so talented anyone could coach them. You guys make it seem like rocket science, like Bowles had no clue our corners gave 10 yard cushions on 3rd & 8. Ridiculous!

11 minutes ago, slats said:

So what? So just preface any critique you have for him with, Todds a great guy, but he's a terrible coach. Don't sh*t in my coffee and call it dark mocha cream. 

Tell it like it is, that's all I ask. Brilliant? GTFOOH! 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brian Schittenheimer hasn’t been unemployed by a major football organization since his mid-teens, but it’s the conspiracy to protect the five working African American coaches that riles @Jetster up. 

I don't think I have ever once heard the word BRILLIANT associated with Brian Shottenheimer and deservedly so.

21 minutes ago, slats said:

That plus the dude just took a demotion. Why would anyone but deranged jets fans want to kick him when hes down?  And what does race have to do with it, Rex didnt lose genius DC moniker after failing 2x as a HC

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't think I have ever once heard the word BRILLIANT associated with Brian Shottenheimer and deservedly so.

So, to clarify, you believe that there’s only a conspiracy to use superlatives when describing African American coaches? 

55 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Gase owned the Jets, Bills, and beat the Pats twice with QBs that no one wants. Why don't you 1st give him a chance. So if Payton Manning calls Gase one of his favorite OCs that means nothing to you? 

Peyton actually said Gase was smarter than he was. I dont think he would ever say that about Brady. Just the thought that I would be agreeing with Joe Benigno forces me to give Gase a look-see.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

So, to clarify, you believe that there’s only a conspiracy to use superlatives when describing African American coaches? 

The Todd Bowles 24-40 phenomenon is just the strangest thing I've ever seen or heard. I've never seen a guy get so many passes by the media regarding his coaching acumen & yes, I think the atmosphere in this day & age is so oppressing that people are so afraid to criticize anyone, especially if African American or a women. When I came on here & criticized that women who announced the Jet game I got flack for my comment. She sucked! Sorry, I'm not into women calling NFL games. Bottom line is Todd Bowles sucks! His record proves that he sucks! His defensive game plans SUCKED! From the Bills game in 2015 to his last game he was 14-34! Sorry, there is no way in hell hes a BRILLIANT defensive coordinator & lost that many games, many of them with his BRILLIANT defense giving up leads. 

42 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

his defense succeeded in a large part because the cardinal offense was pretty good.  much better than the jets of the past 10 seasons.  offense and defense go hand in hand even if they are on the field at different times.

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So what? So just preface any critique you have for him with, Todds a great guy, but he's a terrible coach. Don't sh*t in my coffee and call it dark mocha cream. 

Tell it like it is, that's all I ask. Brilliant? GTFOOH! 

I have laready forgotten about Todd Bowles---amazingly enough

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whats with the race baiting?    You are turning a lament about his perceived brilliance into something ugly.    Why not a wager between you two about where Tampas defense is ranked next year under Bowles brilliance?    

Put your money where your mouth is, instead of your foot in your mouth

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Whats with the race baiting?    You are turning a lament about his perceived brilliance into something ugly.    Why not a wager between you two about where Tampas defense is ranked next year under Bowles brilliance?    

For once, I’m siding with Shane here. It’s not race baiting when the OP makes it about race in the original post. Also, Brian Schottenhiemer.

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I found his comment to be silly. It’s fine if you want to bash Bowles, but ffs do it on the merits. The Jets franchise is horribly run and the coaches who fail here have never taken a hit for it because, league-wide, everyone knows this is a bad job.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I'm on board with giving Gase a chance but are you sure he "owned" the bills? I think he may have been 3-3 against them. 

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I found his comment to be silly. It’s fine if you want to bash Bowles, but ffs do it on the merits. The Jets franchise is horribly run and the coaches who fail here have never taken a hit for it because, league-wide, everyone knows this is a bad job.

Fair enough.   That’s how it should be.   But aren’t the “merits” that his defenses here were bad?

The second statement had merit, but it doesn’t seem to be dissuading guys like McCarthy and Gase from wanting to work here at this time.   Maybe things are changing?

Bowles defense in Arizona was not brilliant. Check out the numbers...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Brian Schottenheimer has been employed by a major football organization since his mid-teens, but it’s the conspiracy to protect the five working African American coaches that riles @Jetster up. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Didn't Schott go to two AFCCG with Mark Sanchez at QB?

1 hour ago, tdoublee said:

What exactly did he do for the Cardinals defense that made him brilliant?

Todd Bowles was 100% overwhelmed as a head coach. He was and will be a good to very good defensive coordinator. Gase? I have no idea really what to think. He come coach Sam, roll his eyes at Macc a lot and probably end up with the hypertension.  Will he be successful? Don’t know and neither do any of you. 

Archived