Possibly the most important stat on Gase

More Cowbell

Sorry, I just don't buy it.  If he was this offensive mastermind than he would have found a way to produce an offense  better than 24th, 25th and 31st. 
Those are really ugly stats, especially for an offensive mastermind....If that's his strength, so maybe with Darnold we get to 15 or 16? is an offense in the bottom half of the league really why we're hiring him?
This.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

First off Gase was 2-4 against the Patriots, not 3-3 like you are claiming. Secondly that means you are giving him credit for a miraculous lateral play. If Bellichick doesn't put Gronk on the field then Gase is 1-5 against the Patriots.

My God some people don't fact check before they post, this is why people think Jets fans are idiots.

The original poster said the record was 3-3. Sorry I didn’t fact check- I have a real life that doesn’t include the time to fact check MIAs record, versus the Pats, during Gases tenure. I am happy you have that luxury and could set the record straight. Noted, 2-4. Not 3-3!

Regardless, what the author was essentially saying was that: Gase had nothing to do with MIA ever beating the Pats. It was that Brady hates playing in MIA. Hahahahhaha. I am sorry but that makes no sense at all.

If you listen to anti jets folks, they kill us about our over dramatic, ultra pessimistic, the sky is always falling, everything sucks, everyone sucks (commentators, announcers, draft analysts, coaches, GMs) attitude. They don’t kill us bc of our fact checking or lackthereof in this case.

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd also like to add that it gives credit to Gase for the miracle play that happened this year. No one should receive credit on a play like that, except for Bellichick putting Gronk on the field when the circumstances did not call for a Hail Mary.

Yeah the goal line D, the fact that they were in a position to pull it off, the points scored to get to that point, no credit.  

Just the loses.  They're on the HC.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Teams play like crap in Miami because it's Miami and they spend Saturday night partying. Look at the home road splits. It's got nothing to do with gase

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Pure and total nonsense.  Miami has more party spots than NYC, NO, etc?  Lol this is ridiculous. 

Guess Don Shula had nothing to do with 6 SBs too. Wasn't a GREAT coach.  All those wins, most ever tainted.  Lol

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pure and total nonsense.  Miami has more party spots than NYC, NO, etc?  Lol this is ridiculous. 

Guess Don Shula had nothing to do with 6 SBs too. Wasn't a GREAT coach.  All those wins, most ever tainted.  Lol

NFL guys are like travelling salesmen, in a different town every week.

I haven't been to every NFL town but of all the towns you could be in on a week to week basis, Miami is the one with the best weather, hottest ass, the best clubs, the beach, the most easily available drugs, it's the gateway to South America

so yeah Miami is in fact the party capital of the NFL schedule.

For players who mostly grew up in the South but now live and work in places like Minnesota, Detroit, Green Bay Wisconsin and yes South Eastern Mass, Miami is as close to paradise.

A good chunk of the league grew up in Florida, it's a homecoming party. 

side note They did leave the water on for that Mud bowl game. so yeah F the Dolfins too they are tainted now that you mention it 

4 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

That’s right. Everything sucks. Everyone sucks. Gase is awful. Blah blah blah. 

So Gases 3-3 record against the Pats- you watch any of those games? Could you tell us anything that happened besides a few highlights you may have saw?

My God, do some people realize how unintelligent their posts sound? This kind of thinking is why a lot of people talk crap at us Jets fans. Can’t blame them after reading that silly nonsense. Go call WFANs overnight with that stupidity. 

No. call Benigno.  The guy is a stupid a$$hole.  He was browbeating  Manish today and i got mad at him.  And I hate Manish!  He kept interrupting and screaming.  A poor man's Francesa

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He gets credit for being in position for them to pull a win out of their ass. How many times have the Pats won games with some stupid duck pass Brady throws up that a WR catches. I  can remember many of them against us. Do we take those wims away? Do we remove the pass that Eli threw and the guy caught against his helmet? It's  part of the game

The outcome most certainly counts, as it should.  However, using such an outlier as any supposed evidence to evaluate someone has no merit to it, particularly when the conclusion made is dependent on ignoring that the rest of the instances tell a different story (i.e., 1-4 in all other games vs NE).

5 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

And then top it all off with the fact that his record vs the Pats is actually 2-4. So that's one real win, and this year's fluke.

So it's 2-4 and one of them was a win via a successful hail mary attempt?

If the pass drops does that mean Gase did a worse job of coaching? To see some of the negative rep, it seems some think so. 

So if we had a successful hail mary pass that made us beat NE in 2016 23 or 25 to 22, instead of losing 22-17, we could credit Bowles for having done a superior job of coaching that day? Instead Fitz fumbled away our last possession, therefore Bowles is worse.

Also Bowles sucks. 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

NFL guys are like travelling salesmen, in a different town every week.

I haven't been to every NFL town but of all the towns you could be in on a week to week basis, Miami is the one with the best weather, hottest ass, the best clubs, the beach, the most easily available drugs, it's the gateway to South America

so yeah Miami is in fact the party capital of the NFL schedule.

For players who mostly grew up in the South but now live and work in places like Minnesota, Detroit, Green Bay Wisconsin and yes South Eastern Mass, Miami is as close to paradise.

A good chunk of the league grew up in Florida, it's a homecoming party. 

side note They did leave the water on for that Mud bowl game. so yeah F the Dolfins too they are tainted now that you mention it 

The more you say places like NYC and NO done offer crazy party atmospheres, the more ridiculous your argument sounds.  

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

That has a **** ton more to do with Brady hating to play in Miami for some reason, Gase has zero responsibility for that 3-3 record.

So when they lose, its Gase's fault and when the win he has nothing to do with it. Great logic!!

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Look at the QB's he had. Cutler was a horrible pickup. They couldn't  get rid of him fast enough in Denver and Chicago. Tanny was servicable but i read he was injured like 24 of 48 games when he was on the team, that meant Osweiler was playing as much as Tanny did. The fact he was even close to 500 with that is a miracle.  

He wanted Cutler.  That was his choice.  Jay Cutler, was his choice.  Let that sit in for a second.  His personal choice to lead his team was Jay "i legit care about nothing in this world because I'm a cat" Cutler. 

6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Kind of, but probably not in the way you think. Close games tend to be fairly random and extreme performance one way or the other tends to regress to the mean. Blowouts, on the other hand, are strongly correlated with team quality, and the more blowouts (one way or the other), the stronger the correlation. Under Gase, the Dolphins went 3-19 in games decided by more than 8 points.

Good stat. Curious who some of the leaders are and what the splits look like. Where is the data from?

33 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

So when they lose, its Gase's fault and when the win he has nothing to do with it. Great logic!!

Seems fair, since that's the logic around the QBs he's coached.

If you think there's improvement = Gase; if you think there's been no improvement = not Gase's fault and nobody could have blah blah blah

Hopefully Macstupid will finally put a decent roster together, without spending 2+ seasons' cap room on 1 year, so we won't have still more seasons of wepponz excuses for the hc plus hiding behind still more rebuilding excuses for the gm.

Give him a decent team and then we'll judge based on results here.

If there are more crap teams with crap picks and pickups? Eff them both.

The original poster said the record was 3-3. Sorry I didn’t fact check- I have a real life that doesn’t include the time to fact check MIAs record, versus the Pats, during Gases tenure. I am happy you have that luxury and could set the record straight. Noted, 2-4. Not 3-3!

Regardless, what the author was essentially saying was that: Gase had nothing to do with MIA ever beating the Pats. It was that Brady hates playing in MIA. Hahahahhaha. I am sorry but that makes no sense at all.

If you listen to anti jets folks, they kill us about our over dramatic, ultra pessimistic, the sky is always falling, everything sucks, everyone sucks (commentators, announcers, draft analysts, coaches, GMs) attitude. They don’t kill us bc of our fact checking or lackthereof in this case.

The 3-3 was from the Jets Nation podcast

I have been negatively ALL OVER the Gase hiring ALL OVER it.   

Wow........

But some of you out here are being ridiculous.

Come on Guys!!

So Gase doesn’t get the credit for wins now cause the style points don’t meet to your own individual satisfaction?

Really!!!!

Good Grief!!!!

..but you have time to be an expert on Gase, Football, the NFL in general. It's just the straight up facts you don't have time to be an expert on.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I have been negatively ALL OVER the Gase hiring ALL OVER it.   

Wow........

But some of you out here are being ridiculous.

Come on Guys!!

So Gase doesn’t get the credit for wins now cause the style points don’t meet to your own individual satisfaction?

Really!!!!

Good Grief!!!!

Well it's a bit difficult to take it seriously, when what is being cited as the "most important stat" being:

1. Untrue (Gase was 2-4 vs Belichick, not 3-3)

2. 50% based on a "hail mary" play actually working

That win most certainly did in fact happen, and I will freely admit I was extraordinarily entertained by it.  It still doesn't make it a valid means of evaluating the potential future success of a coach.

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. A play is only drawn up for the first 3-5 seconds after that it's complete luck and skill of players taking over. There are far too many variables to account for 11 players on defense, and their where-abouts 5 seconds into a play, to accurately map it out prior to the play happening. 

You can discredit it if you want but they did draw up the play and practice it.  Was it a long shot to go the distance and score a TD, absolutely.  But its situational football and it was the right call against the right defensive personnel at that time.  I won't discredit Gase or Drake for taking advantage of Gronk playing defense, it was a good play call and excellent execution.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Dude it's 40 degrees outside in NY in football season. New Orleans has Mardi Gras but that's not during the season. I didn't say those places were terrible just that Miami is better

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

You think NYC only parties in the warm months and NO buring Mardi Gras?  OK

Dude, I live in NYC and SFL, you have no idea what youre talking about.  Miami has night life, I get it.  So do other cities.  Especially for young millionaires looking to party. Have to ask.  Because this is really senseless, why dont the Dolphins get thrown off by party atmosphere in Miami?  Only visitors go out on Saturday night?

Vegas Raiders will go undefeated at home 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

He wanted Cutler.  That was his choice.  Jay Cutler, was his choice.  Let that sit in for a second.  His personal choice to led his team was Jay "i legit care about nothing in this world because I'm a cat" Cutler. 

Well it’s not like his starting qb didn’t tear his ACL last second before the season.  I’m sure a young Marino was available 

Brady (and the Pats general) have by far had the most divisional losses to the Dolphins as oppose to the Jets or Bills in his career. Any Pat fan here (in MA) will tell you they're nervous about Miami games......Miami has given NE problems for a while regardless of the HC.

Interpret that however you want, but facts are facts. As of this past October, he is 22-10 vs Miami.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Year   Opp Result  Rate
        22-11-0

2001 @ MIA L 10-30   58.7
  2001   MIA W 20-13   91.6
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2002 @ MIA L 13-26   74.7
  2002   MIA W 27-24   68.5
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2003 @ MIA W 19-13   115.2
  2003   MIA W 12-0   67.0
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2004   MIA W 24-10   62.6
  2004 @ MIA L 28-29   73.3
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2005 @ MIA W 23-16   77.9
  2005   MIA L 26-28   52.6
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2006   MIA W 20-10   91.2
  2006 @ MIA L 0-21   55.1
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2007 @ MIA W 49-28   158.3
  2007   MIA W 28-7   79.7
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2009   MIA W 27-17   93.5
  2009 @ MIA L 21-22   101.5
  Year   Opp Result   Rate
  2010 @ MIA W 41-14   107.1
  2010   MIA W 38-7   145.6
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2011 @ MIA W 38-24   121.6
  2011   MIA W 27-24   85.8
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2012 @ MIA W 23-16   74.8
  2012   MIA W 28-0   104.4
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2013   MIA W 27-17   69.5
  2013 @ MIA L 20-24   85.7
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2014 @ MIA L 20-33   69.7
  2014   MIA W 41-13   93.4
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2015   MIA W 36-7   133.2
  2015 @ MIA L 10-20   76.3
  Year   Opp Result   Rate
  2016 @ MIA W 35-14   130.4
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2017   MIA W 35-17   114.1
  2017 @ MIA L 20-27   59.5
  Year   Opp Result  Rate
  2018   MIA W 38-7   94.2
  2018 @ MIA L 33-34   112.4

Brady is 7-10 on the road in Miami for his career. 15-1 vs the Dolphins in New England. The only time Brady lost at home versus the Dolphins, was in the last game of the season in 2005, when Nick Saban was the coach of the Dolphins. Patriots pretty much rested their starters that game, though Brady did play the first quarter, which tags him with that one loss, so in reality Brady is 15-0 vs. the Dolphins at home. 

Here is a link to that game the Pats lost with Nick Saban the coach of the Dolphins.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=260101017

3 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

A whole 3-3 vs the Pats? WOW! Sign this beast.

Gase is actually 2-4 versus the Patriots. In 2016, his first year as head coach of the Dolphins, he got swept by the Pats. First got beat by Jimmy G, then by Brady. The following two years in 2017 and 2018 he split with the Patriots. 

Archived