Simms on Gase and Bart on Bowles

k-met57

kind of unrelated but both interesting. i respect Chris Simms as an analyst, i think he is one of the good ones out there.

and then i saw this while randomly browsing youtube....coming from Scott and Harris....i hate Bowles more then ever

Thanks for posting. It definitely settles me down a little bit. Seeing who the staff becomes will be huge. I'm really disappointed we didn't hire McCarthy. Imo, Gase wasn't as risky as some of the college or first time hires, so that's a positive. I'm really worried about the fact that he just got fired and didn't have any time back at a coordinator position before taking the big chair again.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

and then i saw this while randomly browsing youtube....coming from Scott and Harris....i hate Bowles more then ever

Wow.. Quite an indictment, never heard that before. Bart is one of the best.

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

kind of unrelated but both interesting. i respect Chris Simms as an analyst, i think he is one of the good ones out there.

Thank you for posting these.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I love the fact that the insiders in Miami even said that Gase is all about the TEAM. He has zero tolerance policy when individual not buying in and being a team player. He’s in your face about it too. Love it.

I think the guy can be a really good hire.

Yeah, the guy who is all about team and the players buying in is the right guy. It was just unfortunate and I'm sure the Miami fans fault that the players didn't do that in Miami.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I love the fact that the insiders in Miami even said that Gase is all about the TEAM. He has zero tolerance policy when individual not buying in and being a team player. He’s in your face about it too. Love it.

I think the guy can be a really good hire.

Yet everyone here finds that as a problem. Youd think after having told Bowles, who had a reputation as a push over, fans would want a change. People here are bitches

1 minute ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Yet everyone here finds that as a problem. Youd think after having told Bowles, who had a reputation as a push over, fans would want a change. People here are bitches

Agreed. They MUST bitch about something, anything. 

Bowles might be one of the worst head coaching hires I can think of in the recent past.

What exactly was his redeeming quality?

Defensive Genius? Defense was bad all throughout, even though we continued to invest high picks and money into that side of the field.

Leader? Locker room disaster. At least with Rex, the team would run through a wall for him, even if that didn't help them win games.

Coach? Who did he really develop? We paid $10 million to McCown so Darnold didn't have to listen to the idiots employed by Bowles.

Attention to detail? Time out issues, penalties, lack of discipline, throughly out coached in most games.

Film genius? News about how team wasn't prepared to play the back up QB in multiple games. Lack of adjustments, lack of innovation.

Teacher? Kacy Rogers made horrible call after horrible call, yet not once did Bowles get him to correct the ship.

Locker room glue? Fitzpatrick blasted the guy for being benched....after throwing like 6 interceptions in a game where the defense dropped 4 more. Shows no locker room respect, yet he put him back in. A good coach uses that opportunity to cut an insignificant player like Fitzpatrick to set an example, yet he did the complete opposite.

I honestly can't think of one good quality. He reminds me of a subpar substitute teacher in over his head.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Bowles might be one of the worst head coaching hires I can think of in the recent past.

What exactly was his redeeming quality?

Defensive Genius? Defense was bad all throughout, even though we continued to invest high picks and money into that side of the field.

Leader? Locker room disaster. At least with Rex, the team would run through a wall for him, even if that didn't help them win games.

Coach? Who did he really develop? We paid $10 million to McCown so Darnold didn't have to listen to the idiots employed by Bowles.

Attention to detail? Time out issues, penalties, lack of discipline, throughly out coached in most games.

Film genius? News about how team wasn't prepared to play the back up QB in multiple games. Lack of adjustments, lack of innovation.

Teacher? Kacy Rogers made horrible call after horrible call, yet not once did Bowles get him to correct the ship.

Locker room glue? Fitzpatrick blasted the guy for being benched....after throwing like 6 interceptions in a game where the defense dropped 4 more. Shows no locker room respect, yet he put him back in. A good coach uses that opportunity to cut an insignificant player like Fitzpatrick to set an example, yet he did the complete opposite.

I honestly can't think of one good quality. He reminds me of a subpar substitute teacher in over his head.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

for some time i drank the cool aid....but i agree...with Rex u knew his downfall was the fact that he had no grasp on all the phases but the D would show up...with Bowles...its like guys showed up despite him. i literally cant pinpoint one guy who got better under him.

We’re getting bombarded with ‘what a great hire Gase is’ stories from coaches, players, execs, et al.  I am old enough to remember when Bowles was hired and many, many people were raving about the hire and what a great coordinator he was and what a great HC he will be.  ‘He knows the game!  He knows defense! Players love him!’,  Blah, blah, blah.  WRONG!

I’m happy with the hire and believe Gase can be successful.  It’s just enough already with all of the bloviating!

Remember when we posted the Pepper Johnson interview and you guys were all “Pepper is washed up and a huge liar” that was good haha 
I didn't, he has to be blackballed considering what he knows but that doesn't mean he was talking BS.

Same with Bart, he played the game, I got as far as damn Maryland yet some dislike the guy. I hear no agenda from Bart, just says it like it is.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is it at all possible that Bowles was coaching the players to do those things and they just weren't because they are not that good?

Todd Bowles would stand there and watch his defense get carved like a Thanksgiving turkey with the same lost expression on his face week in and week out. 

The NFL is playing speed chess, while Bowles needs to think for 5 minutes between moves.

45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is it at all possible that Bowles was coaching the players to do those things and they just weren't because they are not that good?

Banjo coverage is simpling passing off crossing routes in man coverage.    It's not a skill thing.  High school kids do it.  

54 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

We’re getting bombarded with ‘what a great hire Gase is’ stories from coaches, players, execs, et al.  I am old enough to remember when Bowles was hired and many, many people were raving about the hire and what a great coordinator he was and what a great HC he will be.  ‘He knows the game!  He knows defense! Players love him!’,  Blah, blah, blah.  WRONG!

I’m happy with the hire and believe Gase can be successful.  It’s just enough already with all of the bloviating!

Old enough to remember? It was 4 years ago hahaha 

36 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Todd Bowles would stand there and watch his defense get carved like a Thanksgiving turkey with the same lost expression on his face week in and week out. 

The NFL is playing speed chess, while Bowles needs to think for 5 minutes between moves.

And yet, his defenses in Arizona moved just fine. Weird.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And yet, he let Kacy Rogers help get him fired without ever having the balls to take over the defense.  Weird.. and stupid.

10 hours ago, CTM said:

Wow.. Quite an indictment, never heard that before. Bart is one of the best.

He had been intimating things like that in the Post-Game show and on SNY all season, but he cut loose there. Bart knows his sh*t. He's a good commentator and a funny **** to boot.

Williams is gonna be entertaining, at least.

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Talent can overcome a lot of deficiencies, no doubt.

It just seemed like every game brought another head scratching decision from Bowles, and a handful of games every year where they were flat out unprepared.

Bowles was a bad head coach...but Rex ultimately took the ship down too after early success. And Rex’s Jets Defenses were over-rated.  I remember they couldn’t get off the field on 3rd and long a million times.

i see comments here that begin..”at least Rex”...this “at least Rex” that.

Rex was a poor head coach and sealed any doubt about it with his totally incompetent foray in Buffalo.  Im hopeful that Gase and hopefully Williams will come with a high football IQ...as they install their systems.  We certainly haven’t had the brightest bulbs as head coaches over the years (ie Rex, Bowles, Kotite)

Archived