Matt Rhule speaks as per Cimini.

joewilly12

I did answer your question. Yes they were wrong. They are idiots who need a Matt rhule to clean house. Matt rhule could want to hire Satan himself and I would trust him more than Mac and Chris Johnson. So yeah bring on Kevin gilbride f
Jr he looks like a genius compared to the oc they actually signed.

First, it's comical that you think "turning around" Temple is equivalent to turning around an NFL team when the cultures and players involved are completely different.
Second, you didn't answer the question. Rhule wanted a TE coach with no coordinator experience to be the OC and in charge of developing Darnold. Do you think it was wrong of the Jets to say "no" and suggest Monken in that situation?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, is a guy with the draft and free agency record capable of a "puppet move?"  This would literally be Macc's most impressive performance.

Unfortunately when someone who isnt very good at thier core job makes it far in thier career it usually means they excel at politics / networking.

Based on Mac not only surviving the hatchet and being given a vote of confidence by CJ at the start of the Bowles replacement search, I'd suggest we've found out what Mac is good at.

As much as I had heard about Rhule's leadership qualities here, he didn't show humility here. 

The first thing Mcvay did was get Wade Philips, he knew he needed help. 

The idea Rhule would bring Baylor staff to the NFL or didn't want to work Williams or Monken given his lack of NFL experience reflects poorly on him imho.

Thats actually the best combined scenario that folks rooting for the Rhule hiring were looking for. 

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I cannot believe we almost hired this guy. I'm going to go out on a limb, and say he never gets an NFL head coaching interview again. 

Strongly doubt that, next year he'll probably get more interviews. Whether he'll accept them is another thing entirely. Rhule seems to be on the path to end up at a blue blood college, which, will likely end up with him staying there forever since those blue blood coaches tend to never leave assuming they have success at the program.

5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’ve never heard of a HC not bringing in his own guys, can’t imagine a coach worth his salt agreeing to this. 

Is it different in the NFL?

Usually the HC bring his own guys in the NFL, but sometimes it's different. In 82 Mike Ditka had to accept keeping Buddy Ryan as his defensive coordinator, cause Buddy was loved by his players. Vic Fangio just took the Broncos job knowing that Elway wanted Gary Kubiak to run the offense. But I agree that is not the ideal situation.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Unfortunately when someone who isnt very good at thier core job makes it far in thier career it usually means they excel at politics / networking.

Based on Mac not only surviving the hatchet and being given a vote of confidence by CJ at the start of the Bowles replacement search, I'd suggest we've found out what Mac is good at.

100000000% this.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, SMC said:

Second, you didn't answer the question. Rhule wanted a TE coach with no coordinator experience to be the OC and in charge of developing Darnold. Do you think it was wrong of the Jets to say "no" and suggest Monken in that situation?

At this point Matt Rhule could recommend Santa Claus at OC and I'd feel fine about it. 

Cause our new guy acts like Charlie Manson 

Archived