Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

prime21

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The best hard-a$$ DC's work best with HC's that are level-headed.  Almost like a good cop/bad cop routine

Not sure it makes any difference.  Don't think there are enough hard asses to go around in either spot that's all.

Ditka and Ryan or Belichick and Parcells worked out fine.   

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Did you see the quotes from Tru , he loves Williams , played for him with the Rams. 

Johnson was inexplicably misused in Bowles system. If Williams is hired Tru will turn back into that aggressive press corner he was prior to coming here.

I hope you are correct.  It would make a huge difference in the success of this team.  I know that Tru adores him.  

Can we just sign Williams already?  Can this team make at least 1 decision that is a slam dunk?  Ever?

Not getting my hopes up as I haven't seen anything official, unless I missed something. It just seems logical that since Vance was hired Williams would be the obvious choice so the talking heads throw sh*t out there. I need to hear it from Schefter that it's done or an announcement.

Thats just where  I am at with this team

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Like old people...

Slow and sloppy

Nobody was in a hurry back then, passive, those old cars couldn’t hand much.. cars like the game have changed in similar terms.. today’s game and athletes, are faster and stronger. Like the cars, if you coach slow and weak you will get run off the road in 2019 ?

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Can we just sign Williams already?  Can this team make at least 1 decision that is a slam dunk?  Ever?

Yep. Somewhere it was reported that they hadn’t met face to face (gase and Williams).But you think by late Saturday it will be done or it’s not gonna happen.

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

Gase may not want a guy as independent as Williams. 

The reports, if you can believe them, seem to indicate otherwise. Why even talk to Williams in the first place? With his history, everyone knows what he’s like.

2 hours ago, Jets1958 said:

Yep. Somewhere it was reported that they hadn’t met face to face (gase and Williams).But you think by late Saturday it will be done or it’s not gonna happen.

Can’t they just FaceTime already 

if this was bellechick they would have FaceTimed already over virtual fishsticks 

This is the hire that could save Mac's job (he should be in Cleveland helping him pack, washing his car, etc...)-

Greg Williams can make a force out of Leo, Lee, Tru, Adams and Maye - players may not be happy initially - but once they go to a pro-bowl (as players not fans) this could get fun - except for Johnson the top draft picks on defense have only known Kacy aka the worst DC in the history of the Jets (they will finally see what a real NFL defense look like)

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Gase may not want a guy as independent as Williams. 

I think that’s exactly what Gase wants. He wants someone so good at defense and has the years under his belt that Gase won’t even have to worry about Defense. He can hand the keys over to Gregg so he can do his thing on offense.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think that’s exactly what Gase wants. He wants someone so good at defense and has the years under his belt that Gase won’t even have to worry about Defense. He can hand the keys over to Gregg so he can do his thing on offense.

That is pretty much the way I see it.  If it gets done. 

18 page thread on a guy we are "moving" towards hiring.  This board will be in complete meltdown (again) if he goes elsewhere.  Another 600,000 page views for Maxman.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

That is pretty much the way I see it.  If it gets done. 

18 page thread on a guy we are "moving" towards hiring.  This board will be in complete meltdown (again) if he goes elsewhere.  Another 600,000 page views for Maxman.

Lol tell me about. Some people are talking like he’s already signed. It’s going to be a repeat of Wednesday night if these guys are let down lmao

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol tell me about. Some people are talking like he’s already signed. It’s going to be a repeat of Wednesday night if these guys are let down lmao

Yup.  I am hoping it gets done -- I think Williams is the kind of experienced DC that a guy like Gase cold Use.  Take full control of the defense and let Gase, the OC and QB coach work with Sam and the offense.

But given the two personalities involved, this could implode spectaularly and quickly if Williams and Gase clash.  I am optimistic it can work, but it would be risky.  No matter what happens, this team would be infinitiely more interesting to watch and to follow than they were under Bowles.

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I am hoping it gets done -- I think Williams is the kind of experienced DC that a guy like Gase cold Use.  Take full control of the defense and let Gase, the OC and QB coach work with Sam and the offense.

But given the two personalities involved, this could implode spectaularly and quickly if Williams and Gase clash.  I am optimistic it can work, but it would be risky.  No matter what happens, this team would be infinitiely more interesting to watch and to follow than they were under Bowles.

This is essentially where I am. Hoping it works, scared of the self-implosion, yet hoping it gets done.

Archived