prime21

Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

20 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Just heard on the radio that Gregg Williams to the Jets is official. Thumbs up.

Eh eye needah’ kno ya sauces foist.

- Mike Francesca

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I wanna have Gregg Williams’ babies

What a character. I think Jamal and the guys will love his fire and he’ll be highly respected at the same time.

If he gets in here and turns around the defense then I bet he can be a mainstay here for awhile.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

What a difference he'll be compared to Bowles and Kacy Rogers, right?

Why would that happen? Williams is an entirely different personality than Bowles/Kacy.

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Huh? I'm agreeing with you.. No?

Ahh.. gotcha’. Just worded it a little weird. 

For sure though. He’ll be a great thing for us. We have pieces on defense.

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Just being my sarcastic self 😀

Fingers crossed Williams is in. Always liked him. Parcells and Westhof said things like that. It's very entertaining. Especially compared to the mundane Bowles. I feel that rubbed off on the players... His personality

I think with a guy like Williams who draws up great schemes, any guy like that really, you can really do a lot with a defense like ours. Our defense wasn’t being used correctly. Bowles, for whatever reason, would play press man corners 10 yards back. Williams will take our pieces and use them correctly and he will light a fire under their asses.

54 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The guys on CBS Sports radio were pretty clear and used the word official. 

sh*t. Now I’m nervous. Chris Johnson better pay up and bring out the green cup cakes. 

Gregg Williams is the Jets Defensive coordinator by sometime tomorrow.

watch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Gase may not want a guy as independent as Williams. 

I think that’s exactly what Gase wants. He wants someone so good at defense and has the years under his belt that Gase won’t even have to worry about Defense. He can hand the keys over to Gregg so he can do his thing on offense.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

That is pretty much the way I see it.  If it gets done. 

18 page thread on a guy we are "moving" towards hiring.  This board will be in complete meltdown (again) if he goes elsewhere.  Another 600,000 page views for Maxman.

Lol tell me about. Some people are talking like he’s already signed. It’s going to be a repeat of Wednesday night if these guys are let down lmao

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

starting to think this won't happen. the jets always know how to drive a stake into your hopes

Give it until later today-into tomorrow before we start thinking that. Jets, reportedly, want Gregg all along. I’m sure they are in talks with him.

33 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/while-redskins-hold-still-todd-bowles-gregg-williams-and-steve-wilks-all-got-new-jobs

From 6 am today which means it was written yesterday or earlier. I keep looking for info but Florham Park has been pretty quiet lately

Maybe the writer jumped the gun and didn’t read where it said he was in talks with NYJ? Idk 

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think this all started with a tweet from Rappoport yesterday.  I am beginning to think maybe he just got it wrong.

Well let’s just wait and see. I could see them announcing a DC hire tomorrow or Monday.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Are we signing position coaches without having locked up Williams or are we just waiting to announce it?

This is odd...

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Frank Bush was LBers coach for Rams from 2013-2016. 

Gregg Williams was DC for Rams from 2014-2016. 

It’d be nice if they announced Gregg just so I know we are definitely getting a good DC and not some JAG coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

This was on Bleacher Report

It looks like a couple of Adam Gase’s former colleagues will be joining him in New York.

According to a report by SiriusXM radio host Alex Marvez, Kris Kocurek and Frank Bush are expected to follow Gase from the Dolphins to the Jets. In Miami, Kocurek coached the defensive line, while Bush worked with the linebackers.

A former defensive tackle with the Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans, Kocurek spent one year working with Gase in Miami. Prior to that, he spent nine years in Detroit as the Lions’ defensive line coach. There, he helped turn players such as Ndomakung Suh and Nick Fairley into All-Pro selections.

Bush is a veteran of the profession who has worked as an assistant coach since 1993. A fifth-round selection of the Houston Oilers in 1985, Bush was forced to retire only a year into his career due to a narrow spinal canal, which made it too risky for him to continue playing.

Following his retirement, Bush became a college scout for the Oilers, a role in which he remained from 1987-1992. A year later, he became Houston’s linebackers coach and stayed with the team until 1995. Since then, Bush has worked with the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Los Angeles Rams and most recently, the Miami Dolphins.

With the Texans, Bush worked as Houston’s defensive coordinator from 2009-2010. Since 2017, he has served as Miami’s assistant head coach and linebackers coach.

Kocurek and Bush are the first member of Gase’s staff with the Dolphins to follow him to New York. There could be more on the way, as Gase’s offensive coordinator in 2018, Dowell Loggains, has been linked to the Jets.

With the news that the Jets are on the verge of hiring Gregg Williams as their defensive coordinator and the expected additions of Kocurek and Bush, New York’s defensive staff is beginning to come together. Vacancies remain in the secondary and at outside linebacker, but those will likely be filled once Williams officially takes over.

They do seem like good coaches 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company