prime21

Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

15 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

This a defense that only works with the lead. No bending. No prevent. No running out the clock.

Let's get a God damn lead then pressure the QB, force some mistakes. 

I'm confused.  An aggressive defense that doesn't bend, plays press coverage, and blitzes often, with the aim of getting sacks/turnovers, and plays no prevent;  That defense only works with the "LEAD"?  How is that !?  PS.   G-d wants to talk to you.

23 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I want to see this Williams pre-draft - perhaps a smart Attack the Offense Coordinator can get this:

NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah also considers Williams the most dominant player in the draft. 

Leonard Williams, from all the guys I've seen so far, has been the most dominating player, Everything you want -- the size, the length, the explosiveness, the versatility. You can play him all over the line on defense. He reminds me a lot of Richard Seymour. That's pretty good company to keep.

I think the comparison they were meaning to make was "STEPHANIE" Seymour,  not Richard,

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Lee was suspended for PEDs and must fear he will be tested again.

He may show up to camp at his natural 185.

Not much left there to bring the best out of.

Weed adds "bulk"?  I get the "munchies" thing and all,  but Lee was not suspended for steroids.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think Bowles deferred to Kacy Rodgers far too much.  He was a fantastic DC under Arians in Arizona, and I expect he'll return to that stature in Tampa. 

This was my thought for quite a  while also, but who in their right mind {no jokes please} would defer to their assistant coach to the point where they ultimately lost their job?  I am still baffled by the success in Arizona,  but four painful years of  evidence tells me, to a large degree, it had to be Bowles.  I think Tampa is going to be a disaster,  he's not going to be dealing with a lot  of  talent to start with and they have cap issues.

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

is it certain that williams runs a 4-3? I was looking and the only quote I could find from him was this:

“The reason being is this, I have 42 words that add up to the 11 that trot out to the field. You guys that have studied me before, we’ll play 4-3 and 3-4 in the same game. 3-3, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2, bear, big on five down, big on six down, big on more linebackers, little on more DB’s. I have 42 packages of defense. Now everywhere I go, I don’t do them all. What it is, coaches sit in a room and we waste so much time wondering what the word is. I have the words already. I’ve been doing it for so long. So boom, this 11 guys, boom this 11 guys trot out there. Then, what you all will see is, how much we play those types of schemes or packages is based on the AFC North. It’s based on what the offenses are pulling out there and we have to play defense on. I’m also not afraid to make sure all of the other people are going to have to work on things that I’m never going to call. They’ve got to practice all week long on 4-3, 3-4, 2-2, all of that kind of stuff, and I’m not even going to do it next week. So that’s ok too.”

Not a fan, I presume.  The answer to your question is that his base defense is a 4-3,  but he at times will switch to a three -four.  Whatever it is you can be sure that it will be more sophisticated and effective than what we have been watching for the past four long years.

11 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Money talks and Gruden is on thin ice, a bad start and Williams could get bumped to interim HC again.

You do know that,  regardless of what Gruden  "says" in respect to his "contract",  10 years and 100 Million Dollars represents a lot of money to Mr. Davis, who is said to have cash flow problems in spite of the  Raiders impending move to Las Vegas. Gonna need a big fork to eat all that money.

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Wrong Gruden, I’m talking about Jay Gruden in Washington.  The Redskins are also interested in Gregg Williams.

Wow. How stupid.  Sorry. Anyway,  Williams will be ours by Tomorrow, bank on it.  Barring a catastrophe,  too much out there already for it not to be all but done.  Washington is in a pretty sorry state right now,  Quarterback, OWNER, and our fortunes are trending up.  I'm confident.

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

Maybe I’ve been a Jets fan too long, 54 years, but I always think the worst and hope I’m wrong.

Fifty two years, and I guess I'll never learn.  Wouldn't trade them for anything.

2 minutes ago, Joejet said:

You gotta admit, the first few years were fun!

They're all fun, in spite of all the misery.  I have been in a bad mood on a lot of  Mondays over the years.  When I was a kid, any time my little brother would hurt himself, no matter how bad, I'd tell him;  " Joe Namath wouldn't cry".  And it worked every time.  Tried to use that as a mantra over the years.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Player walks by and says something to him.  Williams: "No shyt, I got a lot of things Bitch"   

Look, this D has some talent.  Their soft..........................IF Williams is hired........They aren't going to be soft anymore.

I'm holding my breath until I read he's hired.    Gase  &   Williams?  Sam and a pass rusher?   Fun team to watch next year

Player says, "Coach, you need a lozenge "?  Williams replies;  "No sh1t, I've got a lozenge Bitch".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Heck if I was Mac I would say to the press that we are interviewing kacy Rodgers as DC just to get a laugh as to how the fans would explode 

He's got enough problems.  I don't think laughs is on the agenda.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company