Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

prime21

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm too impatient.  tick tock.  tick tock.

Hey.... Chris Johnson...  Adam Gase....

do something to make almost all Jets fans happy (and that is a very rare occurence... you know...  unicorn).  Announce you've hired Williams.

Let's go and don't fock this one up.  Pretty please?

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

i'm too impatient.  tick tock.  tick tock.

Hey.... Chris Johnson...  Adam Gase....

do something to make almost all Jets fans happy (and that is a very rare occurence... you know...  unicorn).  Announce you've hired Williams.

Let's go and don't fock this one up.  Pretty please?

“Let the Fock be with you!”

1 hour ago, Jethead said:

Would still prefer Pagano but this would be ok as second choice..

I think Pagano would be a good balance with the intensity of Gase, but this team has been babied for 4 years. These guys need to get their sh*t together, and Williams will put them on notice of no more free rides.

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

That can all be addressed this off-season with the CAP space we have; trade down in the draft and we could easily pick up 2 or 3 more day 1 draft picks.  We have more than enough resources to find the missing pieces to field an effective 4-3. And McClendon could play NT quite easily IMO as could Pennell, Sheperd & Fatukasi.

would have to resign McLendon. He’s not on the Jets anymore.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You don't read very well....I didn't say trade back for 2 or 3 1st round picks and I said trade back for 2 or 3 additional day 1 Picks.

The only day one picks are first rounders.

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

The only day one picks are first rounders.

O.K. I misspoke then. I was thinking about the old draft format.

We can easily trade back in round 1 for additional picks in rounds 1 through 4.

We all on the same page now?? 

We are in a position to easily trade down in round 1 and pick up multiple picks in this years draft - that's the only point I was trying to make. 

6 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The point being we are in a position to trade down and pick up multiple picks in this years draft - that's the only point I was trying to make. 

The only reason I commented was because you said the poster had reading comprehension issues, which he clearly doesn't.

I'd also like to trade back but unless a guy like Haskins vaults up the pecking order I don't think we can easily trade down. It's not as easy as saying, just trade down and pick up additional picks. It takes two to tango and last I checked Mac is still our GM.  

19 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You don't read very well....I didn't say trade back for 2 or 3 1st round picks and I said trade back for 2 or 3 additional day 1 Picks.

Isn’t day 1 first round only and day 2 second and third?  If I am correct then getting 2 or 3 additional day 1 picks would equate to adding 2 or 3 first rounders.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

The only reason I commented was because you said the poster had reading comprehension issues, which he clearly doesn't.

I'd also like to trade back but unless a guy like Haskins vaults up the pecking order I don't think we can easily trade down. It's not as easy as saying, just trade down and pick up additional picks. It takes two to tango and last I checked Mac is still our GM.  

The only reason you commented is because you're just that guy; but that's fine, I acknowledged my mistake.

It only takes one hungry, anxious team to trade up and I'm sure there are at least few teams that will be in the market.   

It happens like clockwork almost every single draft. Mac can get it done.

17 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

We are in a position to easily trade down in round 1 and pick up multiple picks in this years draft - that's the only point I was trying to make. 

Round 4 was always on Day 2. You need that jellyfish brain pill.

?

Archived