Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

prime21

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Well, he is no Karl Abramson, but he does have some credibility.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/author/268-alex-marvez

Alex Marvez is an NFL Insider at SportingNews.com, and also hosts a program on SiriusXM NFL Radio. A former Pro Football Writers of America president, Marvez previously worked at FOX Sports and has covered the Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos and Cincinnati Bengals.

Karl Abramson, LOL gotta love the kid!

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Y’all like to say that when people don’t agree with you.

The fact is most fans love this team and happily cheer when they do things well.

Unfortunately the fans have had little to cheer for lately and have little reason to trust the decision making of this front office.

This is no different. Most fans believe hiring Gase is a bad choice. Are we supposed to blindly trust our enlightened ownership?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No, for me it's the straight up nonsense from otherwise good posters. The hindsight crew I have zero patience for. Bunch of crystal ball having jackasses. If, should have, would have, etc.... If my aunt had  balls she'd be my uncle. Then there's the people who like to propose MLB/NHL style trades that NEVER happen in the NFL... Ever. And of course theres the 'no matter what I hate it' crew. Complete children the last group. 

I don’t know if anyone remembers this but we waited a long time to hear McCagnan was signed when it originally happened. Even though we knew he was hired before Bowles they never made it official until later. I’m hoping this is the case with Williams unless that reporter was just wrong. 

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I hope the Jets aren't waiting for someone like Kris Richard.  Why else the delay for Williams??  If we did get Richard and he does well, he'd be gone the season after.  

If it isn't Williams Richard would be my next choice.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Are we signing position coaches without having locked up Williams or are we just waiting to announce it?

Only if a tweet by Alex Marvez is an official announcement.  Or more than one of the 100 non official tweets that have Williams signed too. 

Williams is the D.C., let the HC announce it Monday

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

If it isn't Williams Richard would be my next choice.

Me too, that’s who I wanted for head coach but would Richard be eligible?  He’s the defensive backs coach for the cowboys but he’s also the defensive pass game coordinator so he’s part defensive coordinator.  Would it be a lateral move?

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I always thought footballl was a man’s sport.

I figured out long ago that it doesn’t apply to following football,  it’s all about men embracing their feminine side and running wild with it.  

QB fanboys, the propensity to ask the same damn question a thousand different ways after it has been discussed and beat to death a few million threads ago.  Minds like sieves, the inability to retain information after 5 seconds.  Jumping to conclusions and the bickering.

Then the speed in which you “thought about it” after going on an unholy tirade.

I love guys, but just stop it! ?

There’s a whole cycle of tirades followed by ‘thought about it’ to go through before we even get to the draft!

This was on Bleacher Report

It looks like a couple of Adam Gase’s former colleagues will be joining him in New York.

According to a report by SiriusXM radio host Alex Marvez, Kris Kocurek and Frank Bush are expected to follow Gase from the Dolphins to the Jets. In Miami, Kocurek coached the defensive line, while Bush worked with the linebackers.

A former defensive tackle with the Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans, Kocurek spent one year working with Gase in Miami. Prior to that, he spent nine years in Detroit as the Lions’ defensive line coach. There, he helped turn players such as Ndomakung Suh and Nick Fairley into All-Pro selections.

Bush is a veteran of the profession who has worked as an assistant coach since 1993. A fifth-round selection of the Houston Oilers in 1985, Bush was forced to retire only a year into his career due to a narrow spinal canal, which made it too risky for him to continue playing.

Following his retirement, Bush became a college scout for the Oilers, a role in which he remained from 1987-1992. A year later, he became Houston’s linebackers coach and stayed with the team until 1995. Since then, Bush has worked with the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Los Angeles Rams and most recently, the Miami Dolphins.

With the Texans, Bush worked as Houston’s defensive coordinator from 2009-2010. Since 2017, he has served as Miami’s assistant head coach and linebackers coach.

Kocurek and Bush are the first member of Gase’s staff with the Dolphins to follow him to New York. There could be more on the way, as Gase’s offensive coordinator in 2018, Dowell Loggains, has been linked to the Jets.

With the news that the Jets are on the verge of hiring Gregg Williams as their defensive coordinator and the expected additions of Kocurek and Bush, New York’s defensive staff is beginning to come together. Vacancies remain in the secondary and at outside linebacker, but those will likely be filled once Williams officially takes over.

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

This was on Bleacher Report

It looks like a couple of Adam Gase’s former colleagues will be joining him in New York.

According to a report by SiriusXM radio host Alex Marvez, Kris Kocurek and Frank Bush are expected to follow Gase from the Dolphins to the Jets. In Miami, Kocurek coached the defensive line, while Bush worked with the linebackers.

A former defensive tackle with the Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans, Kocurek spent one year working with Gase in Miami. Prior to that, he spent nine years in Detroit as the Lions’ defensive line coach. There, he helped turn players such as Ndomakung Suh and Nick Fairley into All-Pro selections.

Bush is a veteran of the profession who has worked as an assistant coach since 1993. A fifth-round selection of the Houston Oilers in 1985, Bush was forced to retire only a year into his career due to a narrow spinal canal, which made it too risky for him to continue playing.

Following his retirement, Bush became a college scout for the Oilers, a role in which he remained from 1987-1992. A year later, he became Houston’s linebackers coach and stayed with the team until 1995. Since then, Bush has worked with the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Los Angeles Rams and most recently, the Miami Dolphins.

With the Texans, Bush worked as Houston’s defensive coordinator from 2009-2010. Since 2017, he has served as Miami’s assistant head coach and linebackers coach.

Kocurek and Bush are the first member of Gase’s staff with the Dolphins to follow him to New York. There could be more on the way, as Gase’s offensive coordinator in 2018, Dowell Loggains, has been linked to the Jets.

With the news that the Jets are on the verge of hiring Gregg Williams as their defensive coordinator and the expected additions of Kocurek and Bush, New York’s defensive staff is beginning to come together. Vacancies remain in the secondary and at outside linebacker, but those will likely be filled once Williams officially takes over.

They do seem like good coaches 

Archived