Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

prime21

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

No new Gregg Williams news today? Crickets? Maybe we will know more by tomorrow’s news conference.

Feels almost the same way it did when we were waiting for HC news last week doesn't it?   I am hoping this gets done so we can have our experienced staff (for once) get to work on what we want to do in FA and the draft. 

I'm also hoping Kevin Green stays on at OLB coach. I'd like for him to learn under Greg Williams so he can be a viable candidate to move up to DC when Williams gets hired away as a HC in 3 years. 

I'm also hoping they keep Brant Boyer. 

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Feels almost the same way it did when we were waiting for HC news last week doesn't it?   I am hoping this gets done so we can have our experienced staff (for once) get to work on what we want to do in FA and the draft. 

I'm also hoping Kevin Green stays on at OLB coach. I'd like for him to learn under Greg Williams so he can be a viable candidate to move up to DC when Williams gets hired away as a HC in 3 years. 

somebody mentioned that once you hit Saturday for wild card and divisional weekends, you almost never have any coaching announcements until Monday after the 4 games are over.  It's like the league has a policy of no such announcements over the weekend while those 4 games are in the spotlight.  Now I don't know if that's true or not, but it might explain why we had no announcements anywwhere yesterday.  So probably Monday.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

somebody mentioned that once you hit Saturday for wild card and divisional weekends, you almost never have any coaching announcements until Monday after the 4 games are over.  It's like the league has a policy of no such announcements over the weekend while those 4 games are in the spotlight.  Now I don't know if that's true or not, but it might explain why we had no announcements anywwhere yesterday.  So probably Monday.

Thats right. I actually heard something like that on one of the XM radio shows last week too. It makes sense from a business stand point.  Let the games be top billing on the weekend. Let the other stuff get their headlines during the week.  So today we have the Pats losing to the Chargers to deal with first. Then we can get to the coaching stuff I suppose 

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

:good: Couldn't agree more with all of this. I'm getting nervous since they haven't announced anything yet. I'll be uneasy till Williams is officially hired. Love to see Greene and Boyer both stay as well.

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Seems to be true. Even Cimini hasn’t posted on anything ESPN about the current situation since Friday’s announcement about the news conference. 

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I liked the Gase hiring but the lack of movement on the rest of the staff is frustrating especially because the Browns just announced their staff of Kitchens as HC, Monken as OC and Steve Wilks as DC.

Reports are that Loggains is our OC and Boyers is staying on ST coach. We also brought along some Defensive guys from the fish staff under Gase. 

It's really only the DC at this point. 

Meanwhile, the Bengals/FIsh have pretty much nothing locked up. 

It's January 14th. There is really no need to be frustrated at this point. 

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I liked the Gase hiring but the lack of movement on the rest of the staff is frustrating especially because the Browns just announced their staff of Kitchens as HC, Monken as OC and Steve Wilks as DC.

Because Kitchens was already introduced... I am assuming that they will announce later today if not even in the presser itself.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm thinking if he's going to be announced today, he'd be in the building already. Not looking like that's the case...yet.

Knowing Gregg Williams, I wouldn't be surprised if he is waiting for all the other Head Coaching jobs to officially be locked up before signing any deal to be a DC. He probably knows he could take a job as DC at a couple of other places and isn't in any rush to commit to a lateral move even if we all know he isn't getting a HC job this year. 

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Remember, they already had their guy within the organization. Jets needed to interview all candidates and work out contract.

Kitchens was Mayfield's guy from the get go. 

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

There's no chance that this Williams signing doesn't fall through lol

Well, i would agree if there were better jobs available. 

The Bengals are a disaster, the Fish are looking like they will rebuild. 

What other DC jobs are open? I'm sure I am missing one or two, but none come to mind. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Well, i would agree if there were better jobs available. 

The Bengals are a disaster, the Fish are looking like they will rebuild. 

What other DC jobs are open? I'm sure I am missing one or two, but none come to mind. 

Redskins are one of 4 teams interested in hiring Gregg Williams, Would he return to Washington?

Gregggggg!

By Scott Jennings@HunterLoganX  Jan 11, 2019, 3:23pm EST

72768991.jpg.0.jpg

The Redskins continue their search to fill a job that's not technically open yet. Reports have been pretty consistent that the Redskins will be making major changes to their coaching staff, and Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky is likely being replaced. They met with former New York Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles, but he's not returning to Washington as a coach.

Four teams are interested in Gregg Williams for DC openings, NYJ among them. They may get first meeting with him. Pending that, he could meet with WSH and other teams next week

Gregg Williams has been a hot name for every defensive coordinators position since being fired by the Cleveland Browns after serving as their interim head coach. Williams obviously has history with the Redskins, serving as their DC from 2004-2007. When Joe Gibbs retired, Williams was interviewed multiple times, but wasn't hired as the Head Coach so he moved on to be the Jacksonville Jaguars DC.

Would he come back and work under a seemingly lame duck coach like Jay Gruden? If the Redskins are serious about Williams, they need to hope he leaves the Jets without a contract.

New #Jets coach Adam Gase is on the verge of a big hire: Former #Browns interim coach Gregg Williams is in talks with Gase to become their new defensive coordinator, sources say. Things are progressing in this direction, and those involved believe it’ll get done.

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Redskins are one of 4 teams interested in hiring Gregg Williams, Would he return to Washington?

Gregggggg!

By Scott Jennings@HunterLoganX  Jan 11, 2019, 3:23pm EST

72768991.jpg.0.jpg

The Redskins continue their search to fill a job that's not technically open yet. Reports have been pretty consistent that the Redskins will be making major changes to their coaching staff, and Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky is likely being replaced. They met with former New York Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles, but he's not returning to Washington as a coach.

Four teams are interested in Gregg Williams for DC openings, NYJ among them. They may get first meeting with him. Pending that, he could meet with WSH and other teams next week

Gregg Williams has been a hot name for every defensive coordinators position since being fired by the Cleveland Browns after serving as their interim head coach. Williams obviously has history with the Redskins, serving as their DC from 2004-2007. When Joe Gibbs retired, Williams was interviewed multiple times, but wasn't hired as the Head Coach so he moved on to be the Jacksonville Jaguars DC.

Would he come back and work under a seemingly lame duck coach like Jay Gruden? If the Redskins are serious about Williams, they need to hope he leaves the Jets without a contract.

MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg

New #Jets coach Adam Gase is on the verge of a big hire: Former #Browns interim coach Gregg Williams is in talks with Gase to become their new defensive coordinator, sources say. Things are progressing in this direction, and those involved believe it’ll get done.

Forgot about Washington, but they are a bit of a  mess and without a QB at this point. But Snyder has a way of throwing money at problems so you never know. 

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Knowing Gregg Williams, I wouldn't be surprised if he is waiting for all the other Head Coaching jobs to officially be locked up before signing any deal to be a DC. He probably knows he could take a job as DC at a couple of other places and isn't in any rush to commit to a lateral move even if we all know he isn't getting a HC job this year. 

i hear miami has nice weather 

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

so now you KNOW Gregg williams?

42 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Reports are that Loggains is our OC and Boyers is staying on ST coach. We also brought along some Defensive guys from the fish staff under Gase. 

Which is kinda curious without having the DC in place, first. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Which is kinda curious without having the DC in place, first

Agreed, which leads me to think the Jets either have their guy or at least have a couple of options who have all OKd these two guys should they take the job. As noted a couple of days ago, one of the hires had worked under Gregg Williams in the past. 

Archived