Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

prime21

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

exactly.  and that is a BIG plus for Sam's development.  even if we keep the revolving door of OCs, won't affect Sam as much.  But DC is HUGE!

Why you ask? Because we haven’t had one for 4 years.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Just heard on the radio that Gregg Williams to the Jets is official. Thumbs up.

If it was official it would be all over twiiter. Unfortunately what you heard was still from the Ian Rappaport tweet. I will be pissed if he doesn't sign. This Laconfora tweet right after Ian Rappaport has me worried.

22 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Not a fan, I presume.  The answer to your question is that his base defense is a 4-3,  but he at times will switch to a three -four.  Whatever it is you can be sure that it will be more sophisticated and effective than what we have been watching for the past four long years.

I really didn’t want williams as HC but I’m fine with him as DC. the browns had a decent defense with him so why not. 2017 they were among the all time elite units vs the run, in fact all of the other teams they ranked with were all super bowl winners IIRC

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Ian Rappaport said that they have an agreement but nothing will be official until Williams and Gase chat face to face. Said Williams wants the Jets job and Gase wants Williams.

Never said they had an agreement. He says its looking like its going to happen but if they have not met yet and knowing Gregg Williams personality combined with Laconfora tweet has me worried.

Bringing this guy in here will rectify the smarmy move by Mac to get Gase. Think about it... he led the Browns to a 5-3 record. More wins than we had last year, in half the amount of games... with the BROWNS.

The idea that the defense can be completely owned by a former HC, would free Gase up to focus on Sam and the offense. It may yet work... 

11 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Money talks and Gruden is on thin ice, a bad start and Williams could get bumped to interim HC again.

You do know that,  regardless of what Gruden  "says" in respect to his "contract",  10 years and 100 Million Dollars represents a lot of money to Mr. Davis, who is said to have cash flow problems in spite of the  Raiders impending move to Las Vegas. Gonna need a big fork to eat all that money.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bringing this guy in here will rectify the smarmy move by Mac to get Gase. Think about it... he led the Browns to a 5-3 record. More wins than we had last year, in half the amount of games... with the BROWNS.

The idea that the defense can be completely owned by a former HC, would free Gase up to focus on Sam and the offense. It may yet work... 

Image result for banana pics

Look, defense is different then the O,  the Line in the video we have seen, " Hey get over here you F N goofball, When I cut your F N ass look at film, look at effort first"  Is exactly what this D needs.   

Didn't see any one jumping in his face demanding he apologize for being PC incorrect. 

Gotta love it 

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You do know that,  regardless of what Gruden  "says" in respect to his "contract",  10 years and 100 Million Dollars represents a lot of money to Mr. Davis, who is said to have cash flow problems in spite of the  Raiders impending move to Las Vegas. Gonna need a big fork to eat all that money.

Wrong Gruden, I’m talking about Jay Gruden in Washington.  The Redskins are also interested in Gregg Williams.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not that I disagree with you about Williams but how is him going 5-3 in half a season impressive but Gase going 10-6 and making a playoff not?

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Wrong Gruden, I’m talking about Jay Gruden in Washington.  The Redskins are also interested in Gregg Williams.

Wow. How stupid.  Sorry. Anyway,  Williams will be ours by Tomorrow, bank on it.  Barring a catastrophe,  too much out there already for it not to be all but done.  Washington is in a pretty sorry state right now,  Quarterback, OWNER, and our fortunes are trending up.  I'm confident.

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Wow. How stupid.  Sorry. Anyway,  Williams will be ours by Tomorrow, bank on it.  Barring a catastrophe,  too much out there already for it not to be all but done.  Washington is in a pretty sorry state right now,  Quarterback, OWNER, and our fortunes are trending up.  I'm confident.

Maybe I’ve been a Jets fan too long, 54 years, but I always think the worst and hope I’m wrong.

12 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Redskins were also interested in Todd Bowles as DC. Safe to say that organization has a warped sense of competency. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I would love to see it, but if a team like Jax at #7 wanted to move up, they'd be smart to go up to #2 (SF who doesn't need a QB) instead. Why take the chance going up to 3, then have a team like the Giants or Denver move up to 2 and get the QB?

It's still so early and there are a ton of possibilities from now until the actual draft. April 25th can't come soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, Joejet said:

You gotta admit, the first few years were fun!

They're all fun, in spite of all the misery.  I have been in a bad mood on a lot of  Mondays over the years.  When I was a kid, any time my little brother would hurt himself, no matter how bad, I'd tell him;  " Joe Namath wouldn't cry".  And it worked every time.  Tried to use that as a mantra over the years.

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Suddenly the Staff has a more professional look to it it would seem. Our OC's have sucked forever and Williams has to be an upgrade.

I always liked Williams and am warming up to Gase.

This could be okay after all after getting over my aversion to the Dolphins and Gase's involvement with them.

14 minutes ago, Joejet said:

You gotta admit, the first few years were fun!

Actually the first two years under Rex were a hell of a lot of fun.  He came up short so we hate him.

If the Jets hire Greg Williams, with Gase as HC, buckle up!!!   It's going to get exciting again

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What a character. I think Jamal and the guys will love his fire and he’ll be highly respected at the same time.

If he gets in here and turns around the defense then I bet he can be a mainstay here for awhile.

What a difference he'll be compared to Bowles and Kacy Rogers, right?

Maybe Bowles can be the players guidance counselor in the off-season?

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I wanna have Gregg Williams’ babies

Player walks by and says something to him.  Williams: "No shyt, I got a lot of things Bitch"   

Look, this D has some talent.  Their soft..........................IF Williams is hired........They aren't going to be soft anymore.

I'm holding my breath until I read he's hired.    Gase  &   Williams?  Sam and a pass rusher?   Fun team to watch next year

59 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not that I disagree with you about Williams but how is him going 5-3 in half a season impressive but Gase going 10-6 and making a playoff not?

Browns.

Also, that’s not an argument I made. It’s an argument you inferred.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Player walks by and says something to him.  Williams: "No shyt, I got a lot of things Bitch"   

Look, this D has some talent.  Their soft..........................IF Williams is hired........They aren't going to be soft anymore.

I'm holding my breath until I read he's hired.    Gase  &   Williams?  Sam and a pass rusher?   Fun team to watch next year

Player says, "Coach, you need a lozenge "?  Williams replies;  "No sh1t, I've got a lozenge Bitch".

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Lozenge 

Some player was giving him sh*t for his hoarse voice lol.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Not that it matters, but he said "No sh*t. I got a LOZENGE bitch" (The player was joking about him losing his voice.)

Archived