Gregg Williams close to signing as DC

prime21

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

what the hell is the hold up here, Jets?  No excuses.  Get this done you mofo's!

Things have been very quiet today. No leaks or additional reports that I have seen. It’s possible Goose and Williams are meeting in person over the weekend. The clock is ticking...

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

what the hell is the hold up here, Jets?  No excuses.  Get this done you mofo's!

Unwritten rule no announcement will upstage games. Nothing has really leaked out of Florham Park yet about any decision so far. So we deal with more anguish.

13 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I am actually very optimistic about everything the Jets FO has done. Love the Gase hiring and potentially Williams. I definitely  didn't come off that way , you are not the only poster to repond to my post like this. Not criticizing, just curious. Was wondering if I was missing something (fallout with Gase and Joseph, comments from Jets FO, ect) 

Nobody really knows but my guess is the Jets FO had a list of giys they want on the staff because they want the staff to have great depth, not just one guy that is HC and a bunch of other guys trying to figure out which end is up. Williams is a guy that can not only run the D, he can run the team.  

I think CJ realised this was the case after Bowles ? the bed agaisnt the Bills

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

I'm a bit curious as to why Gase wouldn't lobby for  his former DC Vance Joseph? He's ok with Williams and has never met him? It's making  me nervous that the Jets owner and FO are meddling big time 

If it means Williams over Vance then it’s at least a good meddle. Yet, not believing none of it yet. 

40 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Some? Many. They said the "professor" didn't understand NFL football and his college schemes wouldn't work in the pros. They were wrong. 2-14 in season 1. 6-10 is season 2 with Montana. SB in season 3. How good would Walsh have been without Montana. Probably not nearly as good as he was with him  Gase has Darnold now. If he can't win with Darnold, he can't win.

I remember when he had Montana in year one and whenever they had a drive get close to the goal line he would take DeBerg out and bring Joe in because he added the threat of the run

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

I'm a bit curious as to why Gase wouldn't lobby for  his former DC Vance Joseph? He's ok with Williams and has never met him? It's making  me nervous that the Jets owner and FO are meddling big time 

Maybe he isnt close to Joseph and only hired him in Miami because he didnt have better options or because someone in the Miami FO forced him to hire Joseph?  They only worked together one season, who knows if he even liked the job he did in Miami

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If it means Williams over Vance then it’s at least a good meddle. Yet, not believing none of it yet. 

I agree, Williams would be a beast of a hire. Gase hasnt been officially announced with press conference, ect , so I can see why Williams hasnt of yet. 

I always thought footballl was a man’s sport.

I figured out long ago that it doesn’t apply to following football,  it’s all about men embracing their feminine side and running wild with it.  

QB fanboys, the propensity to ask the same damn question a thousand different ways after it has been discussed and beat to death a few million threads ago.  Minds like sieves, the inability to retain information after 5 seconds.  Jumping to conclusions and the bickering.

Then the speed in which you “thought about it” after going on an unholy tirade.

I love guys, but just stop it! ?

3 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I always thought footballl was a man’s sport.

I figured out long ago that it doesn’t apply to following football,  it’s all about men embracing their feminine side and running wild with it.  

QB fanboys, the propensity to ask the same damn question a thousand different ways after it has been discussed and beat to death a few million threads ago.  Minds like sieves, the inability to retain information after 5 seconds.  Jumping to conclusions and the bickering.

Then the speed in which you “thought about it” after going on an unholy tirade.

I love guys, but just stop it! ?

This board is Addicted to Outrage when I was on JI I called them the Chicken Little Brigade..:beer:

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

So, letting the guy who, over the past 4 years, has built one of the worst roster in the NFL - not just hire a new HC but then to also choose that HC"s staff.

And you think that's a "great decision?"

We don't know that's what's going on. It's pure conjecture. 

Gase could be a fan of William's defense like more than half of this board.

This board is Addicted to Outrage when I was on JI I called them the Chicken Little Brigade..default_beer.gif

Y’all like to say that when people don’t agree with you.

The fact is most fans love this team and happily cheer when they do things well.

Unfortunately the fans have had little to cheer for lately and have little reason to trust the decision making of this front office.

This is no different. Most fans believe hiring Gase is a bad choice. Are we supposed to blindly trust our enlightened ownership?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Y’all like to say that when people don’t agree with you.

The fact is most fans love this team and happily cheer when they do things well.

Unfortunately the fans have had little to cheer for lately and have little reason to trust the decision making of this front office.

This is no different. Most fans believe hiring Gase is a bad choice. Are we supposed to blindly trust our enlightened ownership?

Well I look at it this way.. I've been a fan since the AFL started in 1960 when I was a 16 year old Titan fan.Since then there were good times but more bad times that I would have liked.. But I have always let the teams decisions play out before I condemned them..  I never thought I knew better but that's just me..

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I think this all started with a tweet from Rappoport yesterday.  I am beginning to think maybe he just got it wrong.

Well I look at it this way.. I've been a fan since the AFL started in 1960 when I was a 16 year old Titan fan.Since then there were good times but more bad times that I would have liked.. But I have always let the teams decisions play out before I condemned them..  I never thought I knew better but that's just me..

Fair enough. And I get it. But...

I’ve far too often believed I knew better than this ownership and unfortunately, I’ve far too often been right.

Most fans? Have you scientifically polled a sample of all Jets fans? I’d like to see those stats.

Seriously? You’re expecting scientific polls in a Chat Forum?

Have you read these threads? I would say, yes. At least 51% of the fans aren’t happy with this choice.

But I’m happy to be called a liar if you have data to support it otherwise.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously? You’re expecting scientific polls in a Chat Forum?

Have you read these threads? I would say, yes. At least 51% of the fans aren’t happy with this choice.

But I’m happy to be called a liar if you have data to support it otherwise.

You made the definitive claim, you prove it.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well let’s just wait and see. I could see them announcing a DC hire tomorrow or Monday.

They probably won’t make any announcement over the weekend so as not to interfere with the playoffs.  It seems to be an unwritten NFL rule so you probably won’t get an announcement until Monday, assuming that there is an announcement to make.

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Are we signing position coaches without having locked up Williams or are we just waiting to announce it?

2 questions. Who the hell is Alex Marvez? Are we now going to get all bent out of shape over a tweet by him?

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

2 questions. Who the hell is Alex Marvez? Are we now going to get all bent out of shape over a tweet by him?

Well, he is no Karl Abramson, but he does have some credibility.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/author/268-alex-marvez

Alex Marvez is an NFL Insider at SportingNews.com, and also hosts a program on SiriusXM NFL Radio. A former Pro Football Writers of America president, Marvez previously worked at FOX Sports and has covered the Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos and Cincinnati Bengals.

Archived