Adam Gase Presser - Monday

Maxman

I would like to hear which of the good plays he’s going to base the offense around, and which of the bad plays he’s going to avoid. I would also like to know how he’s going to get the receivers to stop dropping footballs. Concurrently, I think we should also get some intel on how the defense will prevent other offenses from scoring touchdowns. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I would love to hear some humility, some self reflection of needing to grow as a person. That would be calming

So, let me get this straight...

Would you be asking the same of say McCarthy if he was the hire instead?  Or does 'winning' cure all evils and make atonement unnecessary despite the fact the person is not humble, never self-reflects and couldn't give a rats ass about growing as a person?

He's a football coach, not a yoga instructor.

I want to see positiveness, an aggressive attitude and a plan.

24 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Exactly, who cares what he says. I don't care if he's mean, or a d..k, I want him to win, and preferably win by running up The score while being a d..k 

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about Gase, but one thing I know from living in So Florida, he's a mean dude.

I remember watching a Fish game two years ago, Fish had just scored a TD to put them up by 22 against Denver, with under 10 mins left in the game.  Talking heads on TV were talking about D, and ball control to finish the game for the Fish to close the game.

Gase did an on side kick.  LOL  I was stunned..........So were the Broncos, Fish recovered it.

Funny stuff, but better then punting with 3 mins in the game, down by 2

34 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Would you be asking the same of say McCarthy if he was the hire instead?  Or does 'winning' cure all evils and make atonement unnecessary despite the fact the person is not humble, never self-reflects and couldn't give a rats ass about growing as a person?

Oh man, if Adam Gase ever becomes a yoga instructor I am gonna necro the sh*t out of this post and you are gonna look so dumb. 

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I would love to hear some humility, some self reflection of needing to grow as a person. That would be calming

I'm hoping to hear him say that he's gonna stuff Steve Serby into foot locker with his feet

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about Gase, but one thing I know from living in So Florida, he's a mean dude.

I remember watching a Fish game two years ago, Fish had just scored a TD to put them up by 22 against Denver, with under 10 mins left in the game.  Talking heads on TV were talking about D, and ball control to finish the game for the Fish to close the game.

Gase did an on side kick.  LOL  I was stunned..........So were the Broncos, Fish recovered it.

Love it

5LEyUsW.gif

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Mccarthy did not have unusual baggage concerning relationships

gase, as was earlier reported, had an alleged crazy mean weirdo streak unlike any other candidate.... that had his team quit on him, players leave, other players threated to not come back and got himself fired for losing his temper and scream at his boss about how much smarter he was.

alleged, of course

so yes no comparison. Not even close. My question would be only for gase, not mm

24 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

gase, as was earlier reported, had an alleged crazy mean weirdo streak unlike any other candidate.... that had his team quit on him, players leave, other players threated to not come back and got himself fired for losing his temper and scream at his boss about how much smarter he was.

alleged, of course

so yes no comparison. Not even close. My question would be only for gase, not mm

After further looking into a lot of these incidents, they really aren’t that bad and a lot of it was Landry being a complete ass in a similar way that Aaron Rodgers was being, except Rodgers cannot be so easily traded. He can’t be traded at all. 

Can the guy clean up a little? Absolutely. I’m not defending it either. He needs to be more receptive with players and a little more patient with media. Regardless, as long as we got a good X’s and O’s guy then it could work. Self evaluation is the most important evaluation. MM was my first choice and I about flipped my sh*t when I found out Gase was hired. Well, whatever, none of it matters anymore. He can scheme and that’s what I’m looking forward to him doing. Dolphins offense #’s weren’t very pretty but watching some of their plays, he has good route combinations that get players open on design. He plays to the WR’s strengths and he is pretty decent with QB’s....so all judgement will be reserved until he f*cks with a Jets cap on. 

"Ready to get to work."

"Excited to work with Darnold."

"Disciplined, hard working team."

Insert more cliches here.

Anyone expecting some sort of deep reflection about his previous jobs will be very disappointed.

He's a no nonsense guy. He's focusing on the future and trying to turn this team into a winner.

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

First of all, good thread.

i want to hear what his plans are, schematically. What he plans to do with Darnold in the summer. I want to hear what he thinks he needs to improve on as a HC this time around. I’d like to hear what his overall vision is for the team this offseason. What him and Macc will be working together to make this team competitive. If he plans on keeping Boyer, Greene or any other left over assistants. 

So basically everything that you want to hear. Those are the major questions that us Jet fans need clarity on. 

Especially ones who weren’t too thrilled with the hire. His responses will go a long way in calming the fan base.

Love ya man but come on. Gase doesn’t have to and would/will not answer any questions like these. He’s got the job and the only expectation is the results. He’s not going to placate, reassure or sooth the fanbase nor the media. In fact, expect him to do the opposite. He’ll be irritable and abrasive in every presser. 

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Love ya man but come on. Gase doesn’t have to and would/will not answer any questions like these. He’s got the job and the only expectation is the results. He’s not going to placate, reassure or sooth the fanbase nor the media. In fact, expect him to do the opposite. He’ll be irritable and abrasive in every presser. 

Probably correct. I also wouldn’t expect to hear CJ.or Maccagnan talk in any great detail about McCarthy or Rhule or indeed any other candidate. Savvy and experienced media trained professionals won’t create headlines by discussion who isn’t in the room .....only who is.

expect something brief and very generic and then move on to saying how excited they are looking forward.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

After further looking into a lot of these incidents, they really aren’t that bad and a lot of it was Landry being a complete ass in a similar way that Aaron Rodgers was being, except Rodgers cannot be so easily traded. He can’t be traded at all. 

Can the guy clean up a little? Absolutely. I’m not defending it either. He needs to be more receptive with players and a little more patient with media. Regardless, as long as we got a good X’s and O’s guy then it could work. Self evaluation is the most important evaluation. MM was my first choice and I about flipped my sh*t when I found out Gase was hired. Well, whatever, none of it matters anymore. He can scheme and that’s what I’m looking forward to him doing. Dolphins offense #’s weren’t very pretty but watching some of their plays, he has good route combinations that get players open on design. He plays to the WR’s strengths and he is pretty decent with QB’s....so all judgement will be reserved until he f*cks with a Jets cap on. 

That’s all that it really comes down to. I want to see ingenuity and well designed route trees and misdirection plays. I want what NO, Rams, Chargers, Pitt and NE have.........offenses that systematically march the ball down field all game. An offense where 3 and out happen once a game vs. the 7 we encounter every game. Where defenses look confused because how we mixup our play calling. Where receivers run open all day because the coach understands what the defense is doing and attacks it’s weakest link. Where the QB and coach are  “simpatico” with a great relationship.

Add to that a defense that runs around the field with malice in its eyes. Aggressive and disciplined, who play as one and take it personally when a team scores points on them. Who can absolutely take over a game.

Year 1 of the Gase/Williams partnership I expect to see an upgrade in all facets of the game. A sea change in attitude, discipline and effort. Get us to December in the hunt fora WC spot. Then you’ll see the Jets fans rise up like we haven’t seen in 10 years.

7 hours ago, southtown24th said:

I am looking forward to him teeing off on some ******* dickhead reporters.

I’m not. They are our source of information about this team and a good working relationship would benefit everyone. Not that I’m expecting him to make any attempt. NY is a different media market as he’s about to learn. 

18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

after watching Bowles be humbled week after week on the sidelines, I have had it up to here with humility.  A little self esteem would be nice for this team to see---and to have

I want to know if he is here to kiss bb's rings or not, could threaten other teams since they should be afraid to play the Jets and maybe guarantee us some playoffs and/or Super Bowls, not one ring, not two rings...  also need to understand his weight gain plan - fat Jets coaches do well  :)

LOL - Don't really expect much, hope he can announce the staff

alleged, of course

This is the part most Jet fans refuse to acknowledge- they know he’s a losing record and offenses ranking 24th, 25th and 31st - but can blame that away on talent and injuries -

but in addition to producing poor results he’s also a head-case that fights with his own players (team mostly quit on him) and ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/11/2019 at 11:23 PM, flgreen said:

I love that. A Coach with Balls? We will see. I'm still not super psyched about this guy but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I still don't think this guy is the long term answer and is probably gone if Macc is not re-signed.

The hack writers will try to trigger gase I hope he's been warned lol

The jets need to finalize Williams before the presser or that's all they will ask him about

I'd like to know if he's calling the plays and if they are hiring a QB coach

On 1/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, redlichtie said:

Probably correct. I also wouldn’t expect to hear CJ.or Maccagnan talk in any great detail about McCarthy or Rhule or indeed any other candidate. Savvy and experienced media trained professionals won’t create headlines by discussion who isn’t in the room .....only who is.

expect something brief and very generic and then move on to saying how excited they are looking forward.

"We interviewed some very strong candidates, and we felt Adam is the best man to lead us forward". And other such "safe" answers.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, 32EBoozer said:

This will be a good way of restoring some semblance of sanity to this board. Looking to see him poised and relaxed

Would also like to hear from  CJ and MAC on all the drama with the McCarthy/ Rhoule interview and why Gase was the choice.

Haven't you heard the canned answers to those questions enough? 

So CJ, Why was Gase the choice?

Well, we thought he was the best choice for the direction of the team. 

I mean what do you expect them to say?

Archived