Adam Gase Presser - Monday

Maxman

2 minutes ago, billneftleberg said:

Amen, Jet fans can never see the Forest for the trees. Gase isnt God, Tanneyhill was there when Gase arrived and couldn't stay healthy. You can't make chicken salad with crow no matter how talented a chef you are.

I'm willing to give him some lattitude

Wrap it in bacon, fry it in butter, and dip it in hot sauce with a bourbon chaser.  Problem solved, Texas style.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, billneftleberg said:

Amen, Jet fans can never see the Forest for the trees. Gase isnt God, Tanneyhill was there when Gase arrived and couldn't stay healthy. You can't make chicken salad with crow no matter how talented a chef you are.

I'm willing to give him some lattitude

If that's the story we are going with, why wasn't Bowles given the same latitude?  The roster was just as bad or worse here.  

FYI, I am not a Bowles fan in the least.

36 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

If that's the story we are going with, why wasn't Bowles given the same latitude?  The roster was just as bad or worse here.  

FYI, I am not a Bowles fan in the least.

Bowles issue was as a defensive guru, his defense wasn't getting any better. Leonard Williams was actually regressing in his defense, Snacks Harrison and Sheldon Richardson went through the same as well. His guys just didn't play for him

1 hour ago, BigO said:

How’s that going to change with Macc buying the groceries. There’s only so much any coach can do when your roster sucks, barring the amateurish mismanagement by Bowles. At least we have Darnold who should significantly progress this year. And hiring Williams as DC will invigorate this doormat defense. Much of this  team’s future succees lies in filling the holes in FA and drafting wisely. Hopefully, Gase and Williams have considerable input into filling these gaping holes. 

because Bowles didn't show any growth as a coach.  Mac is starting to draft better. Also, possibly Gase since he already had player control in Miami understands better which players he wants on the team to get Mac to draft or sign.

My prediction is that Gase will talk about Darnold and the offense a lot, and say a bunch of super redass coachy things about discipline and accountability, and everyone here and in the media will eat it up with a spoon because the exact opposite of whatever didn’t work last time is bound to work this time.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

My prediction is that Gase will talk about Darnold and the offense a lot, and say a bunch of super redass coachy things about discipline and accountability, and everyone here and in the media will eat it up with a spoon because the exact opposite of whatever didn’t work last time is bound to work this time.

is there anything he coud possibly say that you would actually like? Realistically, that is... not something that no one would ever say.

Whatever.  I'll give him a fair chance without ripping him at this time.  I'll still rip Maccagnan since he is such an incompetent boob.  His track record is indelible.  Gase... not so much. 

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

is there anything he coud possibly say that you would actually like? Realistically, that is... not something that no one would ever say.

Whatever.  I'll give him a fair chance without ripping him at this time.  I'll still rip Maccagnan since he is such an incompetent boob.  His track record is indelible.  Gase... not so much. 

I didn’t rip him. I offered a prediction.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Hoping to hear about Gregg Williams hiring; what’s going to be different in his approach with the media; how involved he will be in the Draft process. Thoughts on what he sees in Darnold and whether Boyer and Green will be returning.

Thoughts?

THIS !! 

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

No matter how Gase handles the presser, he will come off looking like a champ compared to the robotic and stone faced Bowles nightmares we had to endure over the last 4 years.  Looking forward to hearing a coach that isn't afraid to actually respond to a question with a legit answer.   

Hall of Fame comment, this is the truth. I am so excited to see a new coach. I was not a gase fan but onboard now because what the hell else am I supposed to do. 

Honestly of he comes out and saws something to the effect about being excited to be in NY and how we are going to take the next step with Darbold. Its a homerun. Pretty much all he has to do and be confident in his abilities. 

We have been seeing no emotion bowls for so long, he is going to be a rockstar day one. I don't want to see the we are coming after the patriots comments because this should be out teams moment and we need to start acting like a pro team not just the Pats whipping boy. 

Honestly, I just want to see a guy that seems like he wants to win and fights, it seems like he is not a yes man but time will tell.

Top three things I want to see

1 Confidence

2 Confidence in Darnold

3 Confidence in his game plan abilities  and switching to 4-3 def.

Archived