Is the Gase hate from players blown out of proportion?

Patriot Killa

So you have Ashlon Jeffery who loves him. - Bears connection

Peyton Manning loves him - Denver connection

CJ Anderson likes him^ - Denver connection 

and there is a handful of others from him Bears, Denver stints that really like him.

He didn’t change into such a dick in a year of leaving. you are who you are at age 30-40 lol.  Is this thing blown out of proportion to some extent? 

I hear rumblings that Drake wasn’t used correctly, he wasn’t used enough and it rubbed players the wrong way. Jarvis hates the guy. Just seems like there is a lot more players from different destination stops in Gase’s career who like him then there are Miami players who don’t.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read the Jarvis Landry quotes, it seemed more of a battle of two really stubborn people. Landry wanted input on playcalling and Gase was not having any of it. Landry is also a bit of a Odell Beckham type that wanted a big pay day, a voice in the playcalling and Gase decided he wasn't worth the money/trouble. 

Suh was cut loose, but he is a confirmed psycho.

The Kenyan Drake thing was a little baffling to me. Drake is far more dynamic than 100 year old Frank Gore, yet he could barely get the on the field. Something was definitely up. 

Jarvis Landry is a cancer- and he sucks, and Gase made the right move by getting rid of an average player with a loud mouth. Suh is being paid like a top defensive player and is nothing more than a JAG- another great move by Gase.

He got rid of Ajayi- who sucks and is out of the NFL...

The Frank Gore issue has already been proven as false.

Drake is a good playmaker but how do you know that he could handle more of the offense? The guy has a fumbling issue and I’m sure wasn’t featured more for a good reason. Why would Gase spite himeself by leaving a playmaker on the bench? It doesn’t make sense because there is probably much more to the situation and player that we don’t know because we don’t see it in practice every day....

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Kenyan Drake thing was a little baffling to me. Drake is far more dynamic than 100 year old Frank Gore, yet he could barely get the on the field. Something was definitely up. 

Some say that Gase just didn’t like him. Which I don’t love to hear from our new HC. But Drake was a lot more dynamic than Frank Gore. Hopefully Gase will learn from his Miami mistakes. Because he needs to put that aside and make sure the best players get on the field and are used well.

We’ll get a better feel with this year’s free agent class. Jets were a toxic destination last year, players took less to play elsewhere. If players hate Gase, it’ll be more of the same. If they believe in Gase/Darnold, they will come. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's the biggest quarrel I had. Drake is obviously the way more talented back, yet Gase continued to let Gore cut into his touches. 

Same thing with Mike McCarthy. Aaron Jones was obviously the most talented back on the Green Bay roster, yet it took Mccarthy 7 weeks to realize this and give him the majority of the touches (and yet this was the coach y'all were goo goo gaga over ??‍♂️).

But I'm sure that's not in issue to any of you guys, because according to this board, running backs don't matter ?

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

and there is a handful of others from him Bears, Denver stints that really like him.

He didn’t change into such a dick in a year of leaving. you are who you are at age 30-40 lol.  Is this thing blown out of proportion to some extent? 

I hear rumblings that Drake wasn’t used correctly, he wasn’t used enough and it rubbed players the wrong way. Jarvis hates the guy. Just seems like there is a lot more players from different destination stops in Gase’s career who like him then there are Miami players who don’t.

Drake got more touches than anyone else, wanted more.  Landry was pissed that they wouldnt pay him  But they got a 2nd, hes the 3rd option in Cleveland and not nearly the player he thinks he is.  He should thank Gase for making him a 100 catch per WR

Miami Herald:  

Let’s be clear about this: The narrative that former Dolphins coach Adam Gase was widely disliked by his team is not accurate.

Gase had a lot of supporters in that locker room. He established strong relationships with several veterans. Several of them waited outside his office to wish him well after his dismissal Monday. Wide receiver Albert Wilson, who missed the final nine games with a hip injury, tweeted: “A full year, I could have shown how much of a genius he was.”

But no team has a roster in which all 53 players like the coach, and Gase is no exception. There were also some complaints raised by players who personally liked him.

That said, Gase — until the awful final three weeks — probably extracted as much as most anyone could from an injury-depleted roster. Gase ultimately was betrayed by faith in Tannehill, faith in Jay Cutler the previous season and personnel missteps.

He made some good choices along the way, too — including Wilson and Frank Gore. But he too often gravitated to players with whom he had a history (Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Julius Thomas) and few of those played up to expectations.

I expect Gase to be a better coach his second time around because he’s smart and creative. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with a new quarterback.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Drake got more touches than anyone else, wanted more.  Landry was pissed that they wouldnt pay him  But they got a 2nd, hes the 3rd option in Cleveland and not nearly the player he thinks he is.  He should thank Gase for making him a 100 catch per WR

Miami Herald:  

Let’s be clear about this: The narrative that former Dolphins coach Adam Gase was widely disliked by his team is not accurate.

Gase had a lot of supporters in that locker room. He established strong relationships with several veterans. Several of them waited outside his office to wish him well after his dismissal Monday. Wide receiver Albert Wilson, who missed the final nine games with a hip injury, tweeted: “A full year, I could have shown how much of a genius he was.”

But no team has a roster in which all 53 players like the coach, and Gase is no exception. There were also some complaints raised by players who personally liked him.

That said, Gase — until the awful final three weeks — probably extracted as much as most anyone could from an injury-depleted roster. Gase ultimately was betrayed by faith in Tannehill, faith in Jay Cutler the previous season and personnel missteps.

He made some good choices along the way, too — including Wilson and Frank Gore. But he too often gravitated to players with whom he had a history (Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Julius Thomas) and few of those played up to expectations.

I expect Gase to be a better coach his second time around because he’s smart and creative. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with a new quarterback.

Thanks for this. Clears a lot up. Man, one thing I will say, even though I didnt like the hire, he definitely can play call and scheme. That’s what I do like. I’d like to see him polish up a little in his second stint as HC. I’d like to see him find more balance with the run.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Thanks for this. Clears a lot up. Man, one thing I will say, even though I didnt like the hire, he definitely can play call and scheme. That’s what I do like. I’d like to see him polish up a little in his second stint as HC. I’d like to see him find more balance with the run.

Look, 53 on the roster.  Think all will love the HC?  Do they have to?  

Hes young, demanding, smart, aggressive and knows offense.  I'll take that as a starting point after what we've had for decades, outside of Parcells.

41 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We’ll find out soon enough.

Remember, heavy is the head that wears the crown....ie some guys are better as soldiers and change, not for the best, when granted power and leadership. No everyone is suited to be in charge.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The [people you quoted as liking him was when he was a coordinator no?

Being a head coach and a coordinator is a whole different ball of wax as to how players view you.

This is something I considered, myself and communicating and taking player inputs is something that makes any HC/OC/DC even better. I really hope he reflected on that but he has a new job 2 week after being fired from Miami  so who knows

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The [people you quoted as liking him was when he was a coordinator no?

Being a head coach and a coordinator is a whole different ball of wax as to how players view you.

Agreed, but in more personal roles with players, he appears to have been well-respected and liked. Most HC's have players that don't like them or don't agree with their program. I'm more concerned that Gase can find better balance in his decision making with the Jets. Mac's role should help him (I know, Mac is the devil). Also, if Williams signs, that would be a major piece of the puzzle, as it puts the defense into the hands of a highly experienced and respected coordinator. It should be interesting to see how this all unfolds. I'm particularly interested in what kind of personnel decisions this team will make.

1 hour ago, slats said:

We’ll get a better feel with this year’s free agent class. Jets were a toxic destination last year, players took less to play elsewhere. If players hate Gase, it’ll be more of the same. If they believe in Gase/Darnold, they will come. 

The players will come if the green is right!!

8 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Agreed, but in more personal roles with players, he appears to have been well-respected and liked. Most HC's have players that don't like them or don't agree with their program. I'm more concerned that Gase can find better balance in his decision making with the Jets. Mac's role should help him (I know, Mac is the devil). Also, if Williams signs, that would be a major piece of the puzzle, as it puts the defense into the hands of a highly experienced and respected coordinator. It should be interesting to see how this all unfolds. I'm particularly interested in what kind of personnel decisions this team will make.

I’m all on board for the 4-3 scheme. It’s going to finally put highly drafted players in better positions and a few Gregg Williams training practices should really get these guys disciplined and hustling to each whistle.

on offense, I think the WCO/Air Coryell is a great mix to put Sam Darnold in. I really think that’s the best suited scheme. A hybrid of things he’s already great at in the WCO.(he was a perfect WCO fit as a draft prospect) and a mixture of high volume/vertical passing thru the Air Coryell. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m all on board for the 4-3 scheme. It’s going to finally put highly drafted players in better positions and a few Gregg Williams training practices should really get these guys disciplined and hustling to each whistle.

on offense, I think the WCO/Air Coryell is a great mix to put Sam Darnold in. I really think that’s the best suited scheme. A hybrid of things he’s already great at in the WCO.(he was a perfect WCO fit as a draft prospect) and a mixture of high volume/vertical passing thru the Air Coryell. 

We need to be targeting Olivier Vernon 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He’d be a nice get. I also think that we need another DE because unfortunately Henry Anderson doesn’t very much fit the 4-3 role. Nathan Shepherd May finally be put to good use this year though. 

Sign Sheldon and trade Leo.  I also want Bradley Roby.  Skrine absolutely has got to go he is horrible and a cancer

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

Gase hate?

that's a thing?

Lemme guess, tweets?

3 Dolphins supposedly.  Two were traded away.

Horrific 

Stills was originally said to be one, he denies it. I dont see why he would be anti Gase

Why was Dolphins re-signing Kenny Stills such a priority for Adam Gase

20161023-spt-dolphins-bills-092.jpg?w=64

Gase feels great about Stills being signed through 2020. (Bill Ingram/The Post)

PHOENIX—One of the most difficult parts of being a head coach taking future financial considerations into account when deciding how important a player is, and Dolphins coach Adam Gase admitted he hates that part of free agency.

“You just want to get your guys back,” he said.

One of those guys was receiver Kenny Stills, who was up and down in his first three years in the league before having a solid season in his first year under Gase. Stills led the team with nine touchdown catches and 17.3 yards per reception (third in the NFL) and was so vital to Gase that he said he’d probably have to rework the offense if Miami couldn’t re-sign him.

So when critics ripped the Dolphins for the four-year, $32 million contract they gave him this month, Gase vehemently disagreed.

“I was very excited, obviously,” he said. “It’s no secret that Kenny’s a guy that I connected with last year. I really appreciated that he came in and worked from Day 1. When you’re a first-time head coach and you’re trying to develop a new program… we needed as many guys as possible to come in and don’t ask any questions and put your head down and grind, and he did that.”

The Dolphins now have Stills and DeVante Parker (as well as quarterback Ryan Tannehill) locked up through 2020. Jarvis Landry is heading into the final year of his deal, but the team would like to extend him at the right price.

“To be able to keep that group together, that’s our goal,” Gase said. “How many years can we stay together with that receiving corps, with the quarterback and develop the continuity between those guys?”

Stills took on a leadership role last season that was new for him. When he realized he was the oldest receiver on the team—he’s 24, about seven months older than Jarvis Landry—he decided it was time for him to set the tone in his position group.

Stills said he learned that from playing with Marques Colston and Lance Moore in New Orleans the first two years of his career. Greg Jennings had that type of influence when he played for the Dolphins in 2015, but there was a void once he left and Stills stepped into it.

“He did a lot of good things on game days as well and a lot of things in practice that people don’t see,” Gase said. “He never missed a practice. I’m sure there were times in the spring when he had hamstring issues, but he just came in and kept working. I thought he was a great example for younger guys.”

Jarvis Landry: Adam Gase traded me to Browns ‘to die

By Jason Lieser 
Posted Aug 24, 2018 at 12:01 AMUpdJarvis Landry has a new team, new quarterback and a massive new contract in Cleveland, but he’s not done pouring out his fury on the Miami Dolphins.

In an ESPN feature published this week, Landry asserted that coach Adam Gase had him traded to the Browns to ruin his career.

“I just felt like, for some reason, Adam sent me here to die,” Landry said.

It was an odd sentiment given that Landry’s side also conveyed in the article that he had a choice between Cleveland and the Ravens. Also, the Dolphins attempted to re-sign him prior to shipping him out. Furthermore, Landry recently proclaimed the Browns had a chance win the Super Bowl this year.

He added that Gase used to threaten players that he would trade them to Cleveland if they got on his bad side.

Landry has taken several shots at the Dolphins, including quarterback Ryan Tannehill, since being dealt to the Browns in March. Gase and Tannehill have declined to participate in a back and forth.

In May, Tannehill praised Landry and said he’d be difficult for the Dolphins to replace.

“Losing Jarvis is tough,” he said. “He’s a heck of a competitor. He’s one of the most competitive guys on the football field. He loves the game. He loves playing. He loves competing. He loves winning. I think everyone saw that.”

When confronted with Landry’s criticism of him as a leader last month, Tannehill declined to respond.

Gase said shortly after the trade that came down to money, and the two sides were unable to find middle ground on a long-term contract. So rather than lose Landry in free agency, the Dolphins franchise tagged him and parlayed him into fourth- and seventh-round pick.

Regarding Landry’s future, Gase said, “He’ll do well. He’s around a good group of guys now. That group is going to be good. He’ll do what he’s always done. He’ll have a successful season again and we’ll just see how it plays out for him.”

In his four years with the Dolphins, Landry was one of the most productive players in franchise history. No NFL player has ever caught as many passes (400) in his first four seasons, and Landry added 4,038 yards and 22 touchdowns.

Archived