Year 2 Sam Darnold (age 22) vs Year 5 Tannehill (age 28)

WayneChrebet80

Are expectations too high for Darnold? Do you really think the QB (right now) Gase is inhereting is an upgrade over the one he inherited in Miami?

Before injuries Tannehill was probably the 18th best QB in the NFL. I think that ranking is probably a safe bet for Darnold in 2019.

Jets fans are setting expectations way too high for this kid too soon. 

1 minute ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Are expectations too high for Darnold? Do you really think the QB (right now) Gase is inhereting is an upgrade over the one he inherited in Miami?

Before injuries Tannehill was probably the 18th best QB in the NFL. I think that ranking is probably a safe bet for Darnold in 2019.

You a SOJF and annoying 

5 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Tannehill wife is hotter

12 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Darnold was a better QB than Tannehill when he was an 18 year old freshman in the Rose Bowl. 

Stop it 5!

25 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I just think everyone is being unrealistic. Year 4 Tannehill was similar to Year 2 Goff. Id sign up for that. 

Goff, Year 2:C5F678E8-50AC-4FBC-A8B9-8D1EF37919DB.thumb.jpeg.b9f8ceddfe47b0e324d62a8035d10e14.jpeg

Tannehill, Year 4:

E8D26DE6-E89E-42F4-ADAF-703D2B6F5D29.thumb.jpeg.7e1641653bb194ba4860d81926a1f900.jpeg

efficiency is why Goff’s QBR for the year was 100.5 and why Tannehill’s was 88.7. Darnold will still have hiccups in year 2 and I suggest no one freak out when he does and say “HE SHOULDNT BE DOING THAT, HES NOT A ROOKIE ANYMORE!” but I do think that, yes, Darnold will be more efficient with the ball than Ryan Tannehill in year 4. Darnold is more of a gun slinger than Goff and Tannehill and should wind up with more TD’s. 31 TD’s and 11 Interceptions sound about right to you?

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

It’s going to be a long off season....the madness will set in, make sure you are fully stocked in popcorn.

I am hearing a lot of commentators on sports TV saying flat out that Jet fans are morons.  And it is not just Beningo and Roberts.  Frankly it is embarassing. I suspect they are half right.

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

You are on ******* drugs, bro. 

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Goff, Year 2:C5F678E8-50AC-4FBC-A8B9-8D1EF37919DB.thumb.jpeg.b9f8ceddfe47b0e324d62a8035d10e14.jpeg

Tannehill, Year 4:

E8D26DE6-E89E-42F4-ADAF-703D2B6F5D29.thumb.jpeg.7e1641653bb194ba4860d81926a1f900.jpeg

efficiency is why Goff’s QBR for the year was 100.5 and why Tannehill’s was 88.7. Darnold will still have hiccups in year 2 and I suggest no one freak out when he does and say “HE SHOULDNT BE DOING THAT, HES NOT A ROOKIE ANYMORE!” but I do think that, yes, Darnold will be more efficient with the ball than Ryan Tannehill in year 4. Darnold is more of a gun slinger than Goff and Tannehill and should wind up with more TD’s. 31 TD’s and 11 Interceptions sound about right to you?

Love to see that, but I think we'd need a big upgrade in offensive personnel. He can throw it, but he can't block for himself and then go catch it.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Love to see that, but I think we'd nee a big upgrade in offensive personnel. He can throw it, but he can't block for himself and then go catch it.

It’s a very big offseason for us. Finally about to come to the finish line on coaching hires and that was only phase one. I’m already feeling better about Gase and if we come away with Gregg Williams then I’d say we finished in the coaching category pretty well. Next phase is FA and to address your point — we need to nail it. OT Ja’Waun James would be good, Bell, Adam Humphries, OLB, etc will do just fine. There are also several young OL options to choose from. Even if they aren’t starters, we still need the depth. 

So if we can come away with at least some of that..I think that sets up a hopeful season for 2019. Draft needs to be nailed as well but we’ll cross that road when we get there. Still a lot of time left until April.

15 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I am hearing a lot of commentators on sports TV saying flat out that Jet fans are morons.  And it is not just Beningo and Roberts.  Frankly it is embarassing. I suspect they are half right.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  The L.A. media along with boosters, alums and fans were going bat-sh*t crazy when Pete Carroll was hired at USC. Faxes, e-mails, phone calls all the way to the president and Heritage Hall, monied alums threatening to pull money and support.

they sure looked stupid mid season of his second year. 

The only guys who pushed for Pete to be hired, were SC guys who actually played for him.....Ronnie Lott, Willie McGinest and Tim McDonald.

Gase was championed by none other than Peyton Freakin’ Manning.

Have some faith.

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  The L.A. media along with boosters, alums and fans were going bat-sh*t crazy when Pete Carroll was hired at USC. Faxes, e-mails, phone calls all the way to the president and Heritage Hall, monied alums threatening to pull money and support.

The only guys who pushed for Pete to be hired, were SC guys who actually played for him.....Ronnie Lott, Willie McGinest and Tim McDonald.

Have some faith.

Peyton reccomended Gase to Miami. How did that work out?

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Have some faith.

Exactly.  And Elway, Martz and John Fox are not slouch recommendations, either.  But why should direct football experience get int he way of a narrative, eh?

Archived