Interesting Gase article from one year ago 1/4/18

Dcat

Adam Gase not happy with brawl involving Jarvis Landry

Jan 4, 2018

• Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. -- Jarvis Landry's return to the Miami Dolphins in 2018 looked a little less likely Wednesday after coach Adam Gase delivered a stinging critique of the excitable receiver's behavior in the season finale.

Landry and teammate Kenyan Drake were ejected in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Buffalo Bills. Landry was an instigator in the brawl that led to the ejections.

"This last game was probably the pinnacle of what I've ever seen with him during a game," Gase said. "I don't think I've ever seen it get to a level where it was extremely bad. But the last game was about as embarrassing as I've seen in a long time. It was something we can't have happen."

Jarvis Landry, left, was one of two Dolphins tossed following a fourth-quarter fracas in Sunday's loss to the Bills. Running back Kenyan Drake was also ejected. Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images

Landry, who led the NFL with 112 receptions, can become a free agent this offseason. He has said he wants to remain with the Dolphins, and they've said they want him back, but his volatile personality is cause for a concern -- especially on a team that went 6-10 in part due to a lack of discipline.

Landry said he was defending himself in the fight but acknowledged the ejections hurt the Dolphins' comeback bid. They trailed 22-9 at the time and lost 22-16 .

"We're going on our last drive, and two of our best players on offense aren't in there," Gase said. "That was very frustrating to watch. We need way better control from our best players in the heat of the moment."

Landry's latest meltdown will be something to consider in deciding his future with Miami, Gase said.

"You can't take one isolated incident and overreact, but at the same time we've got to make sure we look at everything we've been doing over the last couple of years," the coach said. "You look at the body of work and see what direction we want to go."

Landry's body of work in four seasons with Miami includes 400 catches, an NFL record for a fourth-year player. He is by far the most high-profile Dolphins player eligible for free agency.

"Philosophically we want to draft, develop and keep as many of our own as possible," executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum said. "So we'll see what happens with Jarvis and a few other noteworthy free agents. In a perfect world we'd keep them all, but there is a salary cap."

Gase said he expects Ryan Tannehill to return as the starting quarterback in 2018 after missing the entire season because of a knee injury. He indicated he doesn't expect quarterback Jay Cutler to be back.

How would the season have been different had Tannehill stayed healthy?

"I'm pretty sure you know my answer," Gase said with a slight smile. "But it didn't happen."

Gase also said veteran leadership needs to improve next season.

"It's never going to be the way we want it until guys take control of this thing," he said. "You need your leaders to step up and be vocal."

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Landry’s trade may have been warranted if I keep reading articles like these.

It's also warranted because browns signed him to a 5 year 75 million dollar contract, and he's not worth it. He's being paid as a top 5 reciever and he's barely top 20 at his position.  He just posted a career low in receptions, Less than 1000 yards and only 4 TDS. 

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

It's also warranted because browns signed him to a 5 year 75 million dollar contract, and he's not worth it. He's being paid as a top 5 reciever and he's barely top 20 at his position.  He just posted a career low in receptions, Less than 1000 yards and only 4 TDS. 

So it will be fun to watch Mayfield target him at MetLife next fall?  Prime time game baby.  Just add on the Landry - Gase narrative.  

We hired a coach who traded away Jarvis Landry and who couldn't find a way to get Kenyan Drake the football this season, underw the stipulation that he's a brilliant offensive mind?

I mean, he's the Jets coach, and I want to get behind him because it's the right thing to do... but he clearly wasn't the first choice, in a scenario where Mac was too insecure for McCarthy, and Rhule wasn't going to take the job because of Mac's presence. 

I guess what I'm saying is that we kept a GM that has done nothing but suck, and because we did that, we got stuck with a HC that was willing to accept the crappy situation we CHOSE to be in. If we'd fired Mac/Bowles like we should have, then consider where we might have netted out with both roles open. Oh well... hypotheticals.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We hired a coach who traded away Jarvis Landry and who couldn't find a way to get Kenyan Drake the football this season, underw the stipulation that he's a brilliant offensive mind?

I mean, he's the Jets coach, and I want to get behind him because it's the right thing to do... but he clearly wasn't the first choice, in a scenario where Mac was too insecure for McCarthy, and Rhule wasn't going to take the job because of Mac's presence. 

I guess what I'm saying is that we kept a GM that has done nothing but suck, and because we did that, we got stuck with a HC that was willing to accept the crappy situation we CHOSE to be in. If we'd fired Mac/Bowles like we should have, then consider where we might have netted out with both roles open. Oh well... hypotheticals.

Can we get over all the bs that is real old, it is what it is and no amount of whining is going to change it. We all know the story. Lets just move forward and hope they get the draft and the FA selection right. I think we would all be happy then as we move on with a QB that it took 50 years to get.

20 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Can we get over all the bs that is real old, it is what it is and no amount of whining is going to change it. We all know the story. Lets just move forward and hope they get the draft and the FA selection right. I think we would all be happy then as we move on with a QB that it took 50 years to get.

I am sorry I used words in my post.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess what I'm saying is that we kept a GM that has done nothing but suck, and because we did that, we got stuck with a HC that was willing to accept the crappy situation we CHOSE to be in. If we'd fired Mac/Bowles like we should have, then consider where we might have netted out with 

Do you think Landry is a WR1? Dude is has a bigger contract than Julio Jones. That is why he was traded. 

OK, so here’s the thing. Gase seems like a real hardo and it’s going to be messy for about two years as he fumigates the complex of slackers, drifters, legacy trolls, shiftless deadbeats, and assorted flotsam. There will come a point that Gase will identify Maccagnan as one of these legacy trolls and try to throw him off a bridge. As Gase undercuts and sacks these turds, many of them (and their agents) are going to call up various reporters to anonymously rip Gase to the hilt, and whatever beat hack they get on the phone will run to print it. Their goal will be to so poison the well for Gase that he gets fired within three years just as he’s starting to staff the building to his specifications. 

Do. Not. Fall. For. It. 

Don’t call Francesa and flip out because the Jets are 3-3. Don’t click on any Mehta article clearly designed to protect Maccagnan. Don’t believe any story about how Gase is “mean” to Robbie Anderson, or Darron Lee, or Mike Maccagnan. This is going to take time. The last two regimes were bad and they hired a lot of sh*tty people who don’t belong anywhere near a winning program. It’ll take one full year for Gase to uncover how deep the rot really is, and whom he has to stab to clean it all up. Then it’ll take two years to fill those openings with the right people. Then it’ll take a while to get the ball rolling. In sum, the next three years are about 1. Getting Darnold ready and 2. Reshaping the organization. It’s not about wins and losses yet, nor is it about the coach standing at the mic deigning to entertain you, the fan, so that *you* feel like a part of the process. You’re not. Don’t do the same dumb sh*t you did with Mangini. Let the process work, even when it’s ugly and every talking head is trying to convince you that it’s never going to work. It may not work at all, but when you’re bringing in Gregg Williams and Gase, you’re bringing in massive culture shock. Embrace it.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OK, so here’s the thing. Gase seems like a real hardo and it’s going to be messy for about two years as he fumigates the complex of slackers, drifters, legacy trolls, shiftless deadbeats, and assorted flotsam. There will come a point that Gase will identify Maccagnan as one of these legacy trolls and try to throw him off a bridge. As Gase undercuts and sacks these turds, many of them (and their agents) are going to call up various reporters to anonymously rip Gase to the hilt, and whatever beat hack they get on the phone will run to print it. Their goal will be to so poison the well for Gase that he gets fired within three years just as he’s starting to staff the building to his specifications. 

Do. Not. Fall. For. It. 

Don’t call Francesa and flip out because the Jets are 3-3. Don’t click on any Mehta article clearly designed to protect Maccagnan. Don’t believe any story about how Gase is “mean” to Robbie Anderson, or Darron Lee, or Mike Maccagnan. This is going to take time. The last two regimes were bad and they hired a lot of sh*tty people who don’t belong anywhere near a winning program. It’ll take one full year for Gase to uncover how deep the rot really is, and whom he has to stab to clean it all up. Then it’ll take two years to fill those openings with the right people. Then it’ll take a while to get the ball rolling. In sum, the next three years are about 1. Getting Darnold ready and 2. Reshaping the organization. It’s not about wins and losses yet, nor is it about the coach standing at the mic deigning to entertain you, the fan, so that *you* feel like a part of the process. You’re not. Don’t do the same dumb sh*t you did with Mangini. Let the process work, even when it’s ugly and every talking head is trying to convince you that it’s never going to work. It may not work at all, but when you’re bringing in Gregg Williams and Gase, you’re bringing in massive culture shock. Embrace it.

Almost sounds like you are optimistic for the Gase era

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

So it will be fun to watch Mayfield target him at MetLife next fall?  Prime time game baby.  Just add on the Landry - Gase narrative.  

Hopefully Our new DC will have a bigger chip on his shoulder to stick it to the team that fired him due to the A**hole behind center who runs the team! That will be an interesting game. Hoping that TJ rediscovers his game by then for Landry

8 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

The whole Drake vs Gore thing has been beaten to death. Drake was still in a ton of plays and btw the much older Gore still had a higher YPC so it’s not like Gase played a guy averaging 2 yards at the expense of Drake.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Gore also is tremendous at picking up the blitz and plays smart.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Do. Not. Fall. For. It. 

Sorry, 4 year rebuilds aren’t allowed.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Do. Not. Fall. For. It. 

I really think you are spot on.  I mean this is like the best post I've read in a millennia.   Seriously.... thanks!

Since this is an article thread, I'll add this one. While it has some fluff, I think Pennington's comments are substantial. The key with Gase is to look at where the team he came to was at before he arrived re his role, and how it performed as a result of his impact. Gase has frankly a very good record of both improving mediocre QB's and making great ones (like Manning) achieve pinnacle production. 

Chad Pennington: Adam Gase a 'Great Hire' for the Jets

EA 18-site

Eric Allen

SENIOR REPORTER

FILE - This Aug. 25, 2016, file photo, shows Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase directing his team against the Atlanta Falcons during the first half of an NFL preseason football game in Orlando, Fla. Gase is the NFL's youngest head coach at 38, but his stock rose immensely during the last few years as an assistant with his work with quarterbacks. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack, file)
Phelan M. Ebenhack/Associated Press

After Jets CEO Christopher Johnson selected former Dolphins head coach Adam Gase to lead the Green & White, Chad Pennington enthusiastically endorsed the decision.

“I’ve known Adam Gase for three-plus years now, and I believe he is a great hire for the organization,” said Pennington, who was a Jet from 2000-2007 and a Dolphin from 2008-2010 . “He will bring energy, enthusiasm, and most importantly passion to the game of football. As a fan base we want passion, we want enthusiasm, and that’s what Coach Gase brings.”

Pennington, who captured the NFL Comeback Player of the Year with the Jets in 2006 and the Dolphins in 2008, said Gase will communicate well with his players and demand accountability from everyone inside the locker room.

“For players, I believe he’s a no-nonsense coach that understands the importance of having good relationships with players,” Pennington said. “He also wants you as a player to be all-in. If you’re not all-in, you’re out.”

Gase, who called plays for the Dolphins, the Bears and the Broncos, had Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler and Peyton Manning all enjoy career seasons under his guidance. Pennington believes he is the perfect coach to develop Sam Darnold as the talented signal caller enters his first true professional offseason.

“Adam does a good job of looking at his talent and the talents of his quarterback and devising the right system for them. That’s why he’s been successful with all of his quarterbacks from Peyton Manning to Jay Cutler to Ryan Tannehill,” Pennington said. “He has tailored the system around what they do well, he listens to them. I think he will do the same with Sam, and find out what Sam does well, and then play to those strengths.”

With Gase calling the plays for the Broncos in 2013, Manning threw for a league-record 55 touchdowns and was named the NFL’s MVP as the Denver offense set a single-season-record with 606 points. Manning, who called Johnson during the interview process to recommend Gase for the position, also knows something about making a dramatic jump between his professional freshman and sophomore campaigns.

Manning, the top overall selection in the 1998 draft, completed 56.7 percent of his passes for 3,739 yards with 26 touchdowns and 28 interceptions his first season with the Colts. Then he came back in 1999 and connected on 62.1 percent of his tosses for 4,135 yards with 26 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

“The first thing I would do if I was Sam Darnold would be call Peyton Manning and I would talk to Peyton about his thought process about Adam Gase,” Pennington said. “I would also talk to him about what Peyton did in his second year to make the transition from his first to second year and what were the most important things that he did because he went from 3-13 to 13-3.”

Gase, who had a 23-25 mark as head coach of the Dolphins from 2016-18, led Miami to the postseason in his first year with Tannehill making 13 starts. After Tannehill hit on 67.1 percent of his passes that season for 2,995 yards with 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, he tore his ACL the following summer and missed the entire the 2017 year. The ‘Fins turned to Jay Cutler and dropped back to 6-10, but Tannehill returned in 2018 and Miami was again in the postseason hunt in December before it finished with three consecutive losses.

“Adam is certain to benefit from his learning experiences in Miami. One thing we forget about is that in his three years, his first year they went to the playoffs, they didn’t have their starting quarterback the following season, and then this year, they’re 7-6 knocking at the door of the playoffs despite missing their quarterback for five games,” Pennington said. “But I really respect what he’s been able to do when his team experienced a lot of injuries and a lot of transition, especially at the quarterback position. He played five different quarterbacks in three years: Tannehill, Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Matt Moore and even David Fales from San Jose State. He played five quarterbacks within a three-year span and still is close to .500 football. That’s unheard of. Unheard of.”

There will be familiarity with the opposition as well considering Gase will remain in the AFC East. While people point to the ‘Fins 5-1 mark against the Jets the past three seasons, Gase had his team split with the Pats in each of the past two years.

“I think playing the AFC East takes a little bit of inside knowledge,” Pennington said. “Playing against the Patriots, having success against the Patriots is a positive. I just think that he’s a quality, young head coach that given the right stability within the organization and the right tools, he’ll succeed.”

Really good article on Gase by Connor Hughes on the Athletic.  I assume that since it is behind a pay wall I can't copy and paste the whole thing.  He talked to a Miami beat writer to get some objective opinions.

https://theathletic.com/762668/2019/01/11/beat-writer-breakdown-what-jets-fans-can-expect-from-adam-gase/?source=weeklyemail#_=_

I'll share one Q&A that I thought was interesting about Gase's style of offense and play calling:

HUGHES: You saw a good offense in 2016. A Tannehill-less offense in 2017. And a bad offense in 2018. What exactly does Gase’s scheme look like when it’s clicking? What has to happen for it to be consistent? 

PERKINS: Gase’s passing offense stretches the field horizontally and vertically when it’s working well. It features a lot of short- and medium-length passes that require good footwork and good decision-making from the quarterback.  Gase likes to use two running backs and he likes them to be able to run, catch and pass protect. On the offensive line, Gase focuses more on the left tackle, right tackle and center. He’s not big on offensive guards. He also likes to have an athletic tight end. They’ll take shots down the field and they’ll run the ball, but Gase’s offense primarily moves the chains through the air with short and intermediate passes.

The problem in Miami was Gase’s offensive players weren’t very skilled. That meant he had to improvise a bit and that proved to be a problem. We all knew Plan A. But when it didn’t work Gase was hard-pressed to go to Plan B. Not only was Gase reluctant to go to Plan B, it never seemed well thought out. If that passing game didn’t work Gase never seemed to have an answer on offense. Well, he did in 2016, but he was reluctant to revisit that plan for whatever reason. That’s where people thought he was hard-headed and stubborn.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Since this is an article thread, I'll add this one. While it has some fluff, I think Pennington's comments are substantial. The key with Gase is to look at where the team he came to was at before he arrived re his role, and how it performed as a result of his impact. Gase has frankly a very good record of both improving mediocre QB's and making great ones (like Manning) achieve pinnacle production. 

I’ll see you and raise you an article ?

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/1/10/18177992/gase-impressions-after-film-review

So i hated this signing with a burning intensity of all of the worlds venereal diseases. I have calmed down now and I am still not over the moon about it but i decided to give it a shot and sat down and watched all of the offensive plays in 2 full Miami games, the one where they beat the Pats and another where they lost to the Lions with Brock at the helm. Here are some random takeaways.

1. First Brock is just god awful, the fact that he manufactured any offense is insane.

2. Tannehill has more moments than Brock but is pretty rubbish himself

3. I really like his usage of play action. I have wanted the Jets to use more play action for what seems like eons. It felt like not only did it open up the passing game a bit, but it helped with the running game up the middle because it slowed down the LBers crashing the box. They seemed on the whole in those 2 games more successful running up the middle than us.

4. The variety of running plays out of multiple formations was nice to see. I don't know if it is a function of me seeing way more Jets games but i found their running plays much less predictable than ours. It seemed so easy to call out before hand every single time we were gonna run.

5 The usage of misdirection in the run game is also something i wanted the Jets to do more. They did it much more than us with what seemed like a fair amount of success.

6. Much more easy throws for the QB's. Grant it not all of these were for big yardage, but i don't think it can be overstated how nice it is getting your QB a few easy completions and some extra yardage to get in a rhythm. Not everything needs to be a full field read followed by an amazing throw..... looking at you Mike McCarthy and Jeremy Bates.

7. On the short easy throws there was much better blocking set up down field OR the player was much more isolated due to play design giving him a better chance of breaking off a decent run.

8. He made very good usage of natural pick plays a la the Pats. Just an easy way to get the QB another easy throw and set up the receiver for some YAC

9. I think we need to get him some sort of gadget player. Q can do some of what he'd be looking for but ideally a smaller quicker jitterbug type seems to be something Gase uses really well and in imaginative ways. Wilson and Jakeem Grant seemed effective though neither could stay healthy.

10. He called almost no head scratchers in either game that i can remember. The type of plays that drive us nuts constantly from every OC we have had since time immemorial. I was looking for them too, it was one of the main things i was watching for.

11. Only one draw play on 3rd and long, and there were multiple 3rd and longs over the 2 game stretch. The one time he did it was deep in their own territory, very early in the game on like a 3rd and 20 with Brock at QB. I found it an acceptable usage of the Jets special, the 3rd and long draw. Every other time he was slinging it and going for it.

12. Small sample size but it seemed like he designed more deep shots than we were taking per game. I think he is going to make good use of Robby. Almost all of these were off of play action.

13. Another thing i liked about his play action plays is their variety. Some teams seem to use PA primarily to bust out a deep ball. Gase used them so often that he was using them on short quick passes, intermediate passes, and deep balls. The heavy PA is a huge staple of McVays offense.

14. Devante Parker is not great. He flashes from time to time, but is just bad on a play to play basis. It barely looks like he is trying sometimes.

15. One free agent name occurred to me frequently while watching these games. That was Golden Tate. He makes really good use of guys that are experts at getting open, exploiting the middle of the field, and being good at running after the catch. I was initially against signing Tate due to age and fit, but I think he could be a real safety blanket for Sam and get him some easy yardage.

Gase still has a lot to prove to me in terms of running a team, not being a prick, being a leader of men, and developing Sam for the long haul. Though I will say after watching these games I feel much better about his scheme, play design and situational play calling than i have about any Jets OC than i can remember..... i know it isn't a high bar, we have had some real knuckleheads calling plays.

I will be watching more games in the future and may add more impressions

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Landry’s trade may have been warranted if I keep reading articles like these.

landry for all of his talent was also a bit of a punk on the field and probably in practice too.  and when you consider how many games are decided by a few key plays, having one of the doltfins key players off the field had to have contributed to the loss.  the doltfins should be happy the guy is gone.

Chad Pennington: Adam Gase a 'Great Hire' for the Jets

After Jets CEO Christopher Johnson selected former Dolphins head coach Adam Gase to lead the Green & White, Chad Pennington enthusiastically endorsed the decision.

“I’ve known Adam Gase for three-plus years now, and I believe he is a great hire for the organization,” said Pennington, who was a Jet from 2000-2007 and a Dolphin from 2008-2010 . “He will bring energy, enthusiasm, and most importantly passion to the game of football. As a fan base we want passion, we want enthusiasm, and that’s what Coach Gase brings.”

“Adam does a good job of looking at his talent and the talents of his quarterback and devising the right system for them. That’s why he’s been successful with all of his quarterbacks from Peyton Manning to Jay Cutler to Ryan Tannehill,” Pennington said. “He has tailored the system around what they do well, he listens to them. I think he will do the same with Sam, and find out what Sam does well, and then play to those strengths.”

Eh don't even try, man... The angry ones will ignore anything that isn't pure-hate or something that slightly points to Gase not being a good coach... Doesn't seem to matter how many players and coaches (you know, the ones that actually play football) like him.

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Really good article on Gase by Connor Hughes on the Athletic.  I assume that since it is behind a pay wall I can't copy and paste the whole thing.  He talked to a Miami beat writer to get some objective opinions.

https://theathletic.com/762668/2019/01/11/beat-writer-breakdown-what-jets-fans-can-expect-from-adam-gase/?source=weeklyemail#_=_

I'll share one Q&A that I thought was interesting about Gase's style of offense and play calling:

I  like that the Jets Do have some talent on 3-4 levels on Offense.

*Qb in Sam

*Competent running game

*The development of Herndon and Enunwa for short to intermediate routes

*Robbie on intermediate and deep level passes.

I think Gase has some talent to work with. Getting the OL strengthened will be key to being able to move the ball consistently.

The first thing I would do if I was Sam Darnold would be call Peyton Manning and I would talk to Peyton about his thought process about Adam Gase,” Pennington said. “I would also talk to him about what Peyton did in his second year to make the transition from his first to second year and what were the most important things that he did because he went from 3-13 to 13-3.

I need this to happen. Make a friend in Peyton and get him to work with you! 

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think we need to get him some sort of gadget player. Q can do some of what he'd be looking for but ideally a smaller quicker jitterbug type seems to be something Gase uses really well and in imaginative ways

Trenton Cannon may finally be used correctly?

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I  like that the Jets Do have some talent on 3-4 levels on Offense.

*Qb in Sam

*Competent running game

*The development of Herndon and Enunwa for short to intermediate routes

*Robbie on intermediate and deep level passes.

I think Gase has some talent to work with. Getting the OL strengthened will be key to being able to move the ball consistently.

Think about what Indy is doing now with a good Oline to protect their QB.

Other than Hilton, their WRs are pure trash....Inman? Pascal? Chester Rodgers?  

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Think about what Indy is doing now with a good Oline to protect their QB.

Other than Hilton, their WRs are pure trash....Inman? Pascal? Chester Rodgers?  

Good TE and running game which all play off the strength of the OL. Allows Luck to draw in the Safeties and take some shots downfield 4-5 times a game.

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Landry didn't have a good season in Cleveland and by the end of the season was their 3rd option at WR.  

Kenyon Drake led the team in touches, the myth that he couldn't get him the football is wrong.  Keep hearing he didn't get the carries Gore did.  Not if you include receptions.  Either way, two players one who wasn't going to get paid and was traded for a pick and the other supposedly not getting touches is hardly a knock on his football mind

There is no evidence that Gase wasn't the first choice.  You hire a HC and the staff he'll bring.  Gase and his staff won out over Ruhl and his staff.  The HC hire and his staffs biggest responsibility is Darnold.  Doesn't make Ruhl the first choice.  And the idea that Macc was too insecure is funny.  Reports are that McCarthys interview didn't go well, it's been said that other GMs had the same reservations that the Jets did, McCarthy wasn't even that sure he wanted to coach.  Supposedly came across and that Gase killed the interview.   Whatever, Maccs ass is on the line no matter the HC.  Hes not going to get a bigger pass with Gase

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Landry didn't have a good season in Cleveland and by the end of the season was their 3rd option at WR.  

Kenyon Drake led the team in touches, the myth that he couldn't get him the football is wrong.  Keep hearing he didn't get the carries Gore did.  Not if you include receptions.  Either way, two players one who wasn't going to get paid and was traded for a pick and the other supposedly not getting touches is hardly a knock on his football mind

There is no evidence that Gase wasn't the first choice.  You hire a HC and the staff he'll bring.  Gase and his staff won out over Ruhl and his staff.  The HC hire and his staffs biggest responsibility is Darnold.  Doesn't make Ruhl the first choice.  And the idea that Macc was too insecure is funny.  Reports are that McCarthys interview didn't go well, it's been said that other GMs had the same reservations that the Jets did, McCarthy wasn't even that sure he wanted to coach.  Supposedly came across and that Gase killed the interview.   Whatever, Maccs ass is on the line no matter the HC.  Hes not going to get a bigger pass with Gase

There was plenty of evidence, if you were paying attention. That's kinda all I picked up on when skimming your reply. Lots of words that don't seem to have anything to do with one another.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

There was plenty of evidence, if you were paying attention. That's kinda all I picked up on when skimming your reply. Lots of words that don't seem to have anything to do with one another.

Yeah, link?  Other than a reporter guessing it. I'm paying attention.  The HC and staff were considered together.  That doesn't mean that they wanted Ruhl but didn't hire him because of it.  Well unless your message is the usual they didn't get who they wanted nonsense.  Sorry you didn't bother to read, it was a pretty good read.  So take your swarmy too many words watevermand stick them.  Integrity?  Lol

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, link?  Other than a reporter guessing it. I'm paying attention.  The HC and staff were considered together.  That doesn't mean that they wanted Ruhl but didn't hire him because of it.  Well unless your message is the usual they didn't get who they wanted nonsense.  Sorry you didn't bother to read, it was a pretty good read.  So take your swarmy too many words watevermand stick them.  Integrity?  Lol

Oh no he di-int.

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Do. Not. Fall. For. It. 

in a way the real rebuild hasnt even started yet

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There is no evidence that Gase wasn't the first choice. 

Outside of the fact that they were talking about coordinator hires with both Mike McCarthy and Matt Rhule, this is totally correct, except that it’s lol no.

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Outside of the fact that they were talking about coordinator hires with both Mike McCarthy and Matt Rhule, this is totally correct, except that it’s lol no.

Except when it's not.  Not when the statement was there is plenty of proof that Gase wasn't the first choice to be HC.  

Archived